[KERNEL] SpeedMod N7000 [K2-12 CWM5 CIFS ROOT / NO-ROOT]

Search This thread

pelerxws

Feb 21, 2010
Verona
HI guys!
I 've flashed this excellent kernel on my kingdroid 7 (with abyss kernel) and now CWM doesn't work fine. Is there a way to solve? Tnx!

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

rp4k

Jan 27, 2011
Shenzhen, China
HI guys!
I 've flashed this excellent kernel on my kingdroid 7 (with abyss kernel) and now CWM doesn't work fine. Is there a way to solve? Tnx!

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 con Tapatalk 2

What do you mean doesnt work fine. As in the external SD shows as internal SD and the internal shows as external. because if this is your problem then you didn't read the entire forum postings. this is a very minor problem and will never be fixed. if your CWM is showing a different problem please explain.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Reactions: pelerxws

jacktackle

Jan 28, 2009
London
Flash Stock Kernel. i believe there is no root kernel yet for Note that will remove the triangle. one's a dev on Evo 3D change the triangle to some other logo which looked pretty cool. why arn't everyone do the same? i mean yellow triangle is not a trade mark! it should be changed if cannot be removed.

sahilarora2003

Jun 1, 2012
Somewhere in your Phone.
is there any way to install this kernel on :confused:n7000 without increasing flash counter or getting yellow triangle???

Install it using Mobile Odin. or check out dr.ketans thread here :-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

Flash Stock Kernel. i believe there is no root kernel yet for Note that will remove the triangle. one's a dev on Evo 3D change the triangle to some other logo which looked pretty cool. why arn't everyone do the same? i mean yellow triangle is not a trade mark! it should be changed if cannot be removed.

Its not removed by kernel. Use this :-

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1372510&highlight=jig

:D

kwokshsee

Feb 7, 2012
2.6.35.7 ???

Hey guys,

As we all know Speedmod K2-12 is based on the latest open source code for N7000 provided by Samsung --- GT-N7000_GB_Opensource_Update2. However, with K2-12 on board, I notice that the kernel version (Setting --> About phone --> kernel version) is still the old 2.6.35.7 , instead of the newer version like 2.6.35.14 or newer.

My question is, is it just mine or it is like that (ie. kernel version 2.6.35.7 shown under "About phone") in ur Note too?

I believe a fellow member, doclucas, has reported that for Note purchased around the turn of 2011 (late 2011 to early 2012), there is a "wake from deep sleep" (WFDS) problem when a kernel based on 2.6.35.7 (like Speedmod and Franco) is installed, but this WFDS is not present with kernel based on 2.6.35.14 (like Abyss):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22697593&postcount=399

I think I too have this problem with my Note, especially when the battery level is low. At first I thought it had sth to do with the K2 series, that K1-5 was unaffected, but with prolonged period of testing (man, it takes prolonged period of time to test and retest it becoz WFDS is a medium probability problem, it does not always occur, but occur with medium high probability) I found that even K1 series are affected (at, questionably, lower probability).

The problem is partially alleviated if the wifi sleep policy is changed from "sleep when screen is off" to "never", but it does not cure the problem.

For those who insist that there is no wake-from-deep-sleep problem for Speedmod (K1's or K2's), I suspect either they have wifi sleep policy set at "never", or, more simply they have much older or newer SGN (not purchased around the turn of 2011).

So, do u guys have this WFDS problem too? As hardcore is kind enough to have given us his source codes, is there a way we ourselves can update hardcore's code to 2.6.35.14 or newer? Any contribution will be appreciated :)

Last edited:

xtc218

May 27, 2012
GUADALAJARA
hi guys,

this is the speedmod kernel for the samsung galaxy note gt-n7000.

Speedmod's core features are:
- super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
- fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
- excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

>>> click here for more info and the download links.

>>> click here for the frequently asked questions list.

current features:

Root and cwm:
- automatically installs root (su) but can be disabled
- cwm recovery

screen and misc tweaks:
- mdnie screen sharpness tuning (improves text readability)
- mdnie color tuning (reduces over-saturation of color)
- init.d, tun, cifs, ipv6 privacy support

performance:
- cpu governor tweaks: Increase responsiveness
- io tweaks
- read ahead tweaks
- updated to jhash3
- compiled with optimizations using linaro gcc toolchain
- switched to slab instead of slub
- optimized gpu dvfs
- optimized cpu hotplug
- arm cpu topology support
- sched_mc multi-core aware scheduler

turned off unnecessary logging for better smoothness and efficiency:
- disabled android debug logger / logcat
- disabled samsung debug
- disabled various kernel debugging, statistics and tracing options

>>> click here for the changelog.

instructions on how to enable logcat and disable auto-root are in the 3rd post (below).

>>> click here for the download links.

how safe is this flash note kernel in galaxy ics? Danger of brick?

danny2001s

Jun 1, 2009
BLN Support on Speedmod Kernel

Hello,

If there a plan to support BLN for Speedmod? I downloaded 3-15 for ICS and is great :good:.

With BLN support or any option to use the capacitive keys lights as notification led (I have Samsung Galaxy Note N7000, came with Gingerbread, I installed ICS 4.0.4 rooted) would be simply awesome.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

how safe is this flash note kernel in galaxy ics? Danger of brick?

Completely safe on ICS 4.0.4.

I have a Galaxy Note N7000 and followed excellent blog (in spanish):

alfredopalma.blogspot.com/2012/09/instalacion-de-rom-version-n7000xxlrq.html

I installed Kernel using Mobile-Odin to avoid the yellow triangle (besides a solution exists for that). I installed the 3-13 for ICS.

Today found a new version 3-15 and installed again using Mobile Odin, no troubles at all (just in case, I made a full nandroid backup before).

Please note there is Speedmod for Gingerbread and Speedmod for ICS. Download proper based on tool you'll use to flash. Apparently Mobile Odin is very safe.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

This kernel is only for gingerbread roms.
It will not work on ICS.

There is a version for ICS too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

This is the SpeedMod kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.

SpeedMod's core features are:
    - Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
    - Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
    - Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging

>>> CLICK HERE for more info and the DOWNLOAD links.

>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.

Current features:

Root and CWM:
    - Automatically installs root (su) but can be disabled
    - CWM recovery

Screen and misc tweaks:
    - MDNIE screen sharpness tuning (improves text readability)
    - MDNIE color tuning (reduces over-saturation of color)
    - init.d, TUN, CIFS, IPV6 Privacy support

Performance:
    - CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
    - IO tweaks
    - Read ahead tweaks
    - Updated to jhash3
    - Compiled with optimizations using Linaro GCC toolchain
    - Switched to SLAB instead of SLUB
    - Optimized GPU DVFS
    - Optimized CPU hotplug
    - ARM CPU topology support
    - SCHED_MC multi-core aware scheduler

Turned off unnecessary logging for better smoothness and efficiency:
    - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
    - Disabled Samsung debug
    - Disabled various kernel debugging, statistics and tracing options

>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.

Instructions on how to enable logcat and disable auto-root are in the 3rd post (below).

>>> CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD links.
    Reserved for source code.
    K2-6:
    - Improved integrated DVFS based CPU hotplug policy
    - Adjustments to CPU and GPU DVFS
    - GPU base clock set back to 160MHz
    - Switched to TREE_PREEMPT_RCU
    I've been a bit busy lately, but finally found some time to update the kernel to the latest source code. This works with the latest firmware versions (tested DXLC2) as well as previuos versions.

This should also hopefully fix the problem for people who had different hardware revisions and were having the lockscreen corruption problem.

K2-1:
    - Built on new GT-N7000_GB_Opensource_Update1 source code
    - Updated toolchain to Linaro GCC 2012.03
    - Minor adjustments to GPU voltage for increased stability
    K2-9:
    - Changes to compiler flags based on Linaro Android 2011.10