[GUIDE] ROM Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

adityam533

Jan 24, 2012
Gujarat
Hello guys. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!.(u already. have to install clockworkmod recovery first then u can do this not with stock recovery....)First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. proceed to step 1 Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to selectFlash Clockworkmod Recoverythena window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5670, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!! 2.Now you should see window: Click yes and continue 3.SelectClockworkMod 3.x 4.You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, nowyou can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

and moderator pls make it sticky....

and guyzzz press thanx if i hlpd u0106¥730106¥730106¥730106¥73

Attachments

• screenshot-1344953852370.png
    screenshot-1344953852370.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,030
  • screenshot-1344953862216.png
    screenshot-1344953862216.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 919
  • screenshot-1344953868303.png
    screenshot-1344953868303.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 847
  • screenshot-1344953877567.png
    screenshot-1344953877567.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 745
  • screenshot-1344953883615.png
    screenshot-1344953883615.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 690
  • screenshot-1344953931780.png
    screenshot-1344953931780.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 655
  • screenshot-1344953936295.png
    screenshot-1344953936295.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 610
  • screenshot-1344953952446.png
    screenshot-1344953952446.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited by a moderator:

Welsyntoffie

Jul 6, 2012
I have not seen the first one. I saw this one first.

HTC Sensation z710e
ICS 4.0.3
Sense version 4.0
Software Sense-o-maniac v1.4
Kernel. 3.0.30 Bricked v1.4
Radio 11.68.3504

19niks91

Dec 5, 2011
Pune
Thanx bro.. followed the steps n got rom manager installed perfectly!!! Working for me like a charm!!! :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium

Messi10

Feb 12, 2012
Tunis
how rom manager is working?
galaxy mini and ace official supported but it hard bricked most of devices included my mini:eek:

varun sutar

Nov 13, 2011
mumbai
GUY,
U R AWESOME!!
THNX BRO.. it works even in CM9!!
thank you so much!
and yes u r right for the "Working: rom manager"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!.(u already. have to install clockworkmod recovery first then u can do this not with stock recovery....)First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. proceed to step 1 Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to selectFlash Clockworkmod Recoverythena window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5670, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!! 2.Now you should see window: Click yes and continue 3.SelectClockworkMod 3.x 4.You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, nowyou can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

u are true dude...i dont so your thread..realy..u too are brave trying it in ur device..but in my device,i used to check in supported device list by rom manager by clicking on "flash clockwork mod " in rom manager..i know it was not risky....after that i flashed official nightly cm7 and again tested it....i found my phone name in that list so pressed it and did all procedure as i posted in thread...and made thread to share it...not copy paste...its my own experience...and my risk taken....so plsss dont tell i just didnt did anything....

Its not your experience, you have copied my thread and changed some words. This is my thread in its current state:

Hi everybody. It's a known fact that people brick their devices by incorrectly using rom manager. But rom manager isn't completely dangerous, it is usable if it's used the right way, this guide will show you how to use rom manager without bricking you phone.

Reported that it does not work with stock kernel.​

I am not responsible for any damage done to your phone, if you hardbricked it you have done something wrong. Follow step 1 CAREFULLY!

0. (Skip if you already installed clockworkmod recovery)
    First of all, you will have to install clockworkmod recovery on your phone. This is where some people brick their phones, the trick is to not use rom manager to do it. Instead use this clockworkmod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421650 flashing instructions are in the thread, read it carefully. When you're done flashing clockworkmod recovery or if you already have clockworkmod recovery, proceed to step 1

Download and install rom manager from Google Play. Now, what you're going to do is to select Flash Clockworkmod Recovery then a window saying confirm phone model pops up and should look like this:

If you're seeing other phone models than GT-S5660, don't proceed!!! You will hardbrick your phone!!!
    2po89yp.png

Now you should see this window: Click yes and continue

33eh6o2.png

Select ClockworkMod 3.x+

u0uao.png

You're done! Rom manager will say that you have an installed ClockworkMod on your phone, now you can do what rom manager does, flash zips from the app, reboot into recovery, restore nandroid and more!

eziqmg.png

Will not work on GT-S5660M and the other models, GT-S5660 only.

Please do not reply with "thanks", hit the thanks button instead. That way you can show your appreciation without cluttering the thread :)

And this is your:

Now compare those words. Now please stop making excuses, we both know you copied my guide.

Sent from my jelly bean
    110% working...

Does it really work or do i hav to see myself in samsung service centre wid my phn :p

110% working try it out dude.just use offficciall cm7 rom and our cwm recovery by t j style and do as above..
    then u will able to use it perfectly...
    Hello give video proof for first :silly: i dont like to brick my device
    do as i tell....install nightly cm7 official through cwm by tj style...then open rom manager and use my steps it works 100% if u wont believe me than dont do it.whats my going......
    Thanx bro.. followed the steps n got rom manager installed perfectly!!! Working for me like a charm!!! :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium
    welcome.......!