Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

EdinM30

Feb 22, 2010
Louisville
Just one quick question, i do apologise in advanced, but is there a easy way for someone like myself, who knows sod all about all this Rom stuff, to remove the power percentage in the battery.

Thanks

Have you gone to settings - tweaks - battery options, i see battery text style button when i click on it there is spmething on bottom that says Hide text :)

Reactions: Schumi 01

The Janitor Mop

Aug 7, 2011
Socal
I gave 2.5 a try since I've basically been primarily a CD user even though I've been trying other ROMs in the interim. I've already migrated back to Energy because it has become my new daily driver, and I'm not here to complain about the theming or the fact that it isn't Sense 3.5 or anything like that because I admire CD even if I'm gone now (like how I made that CD Beats wallpaper tribute).

One thing I did notice with 2.5 (and with the last few versions of CD) is that killing apps in task manager is rather buggy. When I open up task manager, the list of stuff running will pop up, and if I kill apps (whether individually or hitting kill all) they go away but return a second later. Especially if you hit refresh, the apps will return a second later. It typically takes hitting kill all, waiting for them to return, and hitting kill all again a few times to make apps and stuff actually go away. Also, the blue memory bar that indicates free vs. used memory has little graphical bugs at the 2 ends where it's kinda misaligned. I doubt these things are the result of a poor installation because I've seen them over the course of the last few versions of CD, even when I do clean installs (like with 2.5).

These of course aren't major and again I'm not here to complain, it's just I don't think I've ever seen these things mentioned and the way we can make ROMs better is by pointing stuff out that hasn't been before.

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de
Camera ACe works perfect :) :) :)

i´m have make all test :)

MFG
FUNZLER

Bro, instead of saying that you got it to work, please tell us how you got it to work with this build... :)

I did not point the finger at u or anyone for that matter, I was just explaining my point of view.
As far as reverting the files back to 2.4, I will make you a patch shortly but understand that you will loose some of the new skin, not only the transparency

You stated your opinion as did I, but I got several comments for it. Almost to the extent that people told me to shut up an be happy (if I read between the lines)
The tone in this forum are a little bit harch sometimes, and the support team in particular have been quite insistently when people are stating their opinons or reporting bugs. I'll be the first to admit that especially in the latter cases the user are often wrong because CoreDroid is virtually bug free.
However... It should be allowed to comment and provide negative feedback if one is not satisfied.
It up to Sergio if he will take it under consideration.

Regarging the patch: Please do not bother for my account. If others feel the same way I do, please let them vote if a patch is needed or not. I'll manage fine without it (for now)

Sorry for the rant. I still think you all do a wonderful job! :)

(Edit: And this is the last complaint you'll hear regarding this release.)

Bro, pleeeeeaaaase.... don´t take it personally. :) DaDoc and we only mean the best. I have read how some think that this is bettter, and that is better, but guys, let´s give this at least a couple of days of settling. I and DaDoc know that you weren´t complaining... it wasn´t just you comment but a few earlier, that i have tried to ignore, and if anyone knows me... That´s not easy :rolleyes:, but we do need your feedback, a lot of these small bugs are known and are being workin on. Please just a little patience.

And when DaDoctor offers to make a script for you, please accept... He´s only trying to help bro... ;):)

Glass skin all the way YEAAHH heheh just kidding my friend, don't take it personally when someone like a dev or other user jumps on your back when someone doesn't like something on a new release, they do it only when someone complains about tiny stuff like the theme or this app sucks that app is force closing, theme is changeable so are apps easy stuff when you have the know how and the tools :) if you want the old 2.4 look all you have to ask there are bunch of people here that would help you.

I personally don't like the black taskbar and im now changing it into glass one lol and other parts of the rosie and other apk's

Remember: HAPPY TIMES :D

I gave 2.5 a try since I've basically been primarily a CD user even though I've been trying other ROMs in the interim. I've already migrated back to Energy because it has become my new daily driver, and I'm not here to complain about the theming or the fact that it isn't Sense 3.5 or anything like that because I admire CD even if I'm gone now (like how I made that CD Beats wallpaper tribute).

One thing I did notice with 2.5 (and with the last few versions of CD) is that killing apps in task manager is rather buggy. When I open up task manager, the list of stuff running will pop up, and if I kill apps (whether individually or hitting kill all) they go away but return a second later. Especially if you hit refresh, the apps will return a second later. It typically takes hitting kill all, waiting for them to return, and hitting kill all again a few times to make apps and stuff actually go away. Also, the blue memory bar that indicates free vs. used memory has little graphical bugs at the 2 ends where it's kinda misaligned. I doubt these things are the result of a poor installation because I've seen them over the course of the last few versions of CD, even when I do clean installs (like with 2.5).

These of course aren't major and again I'm not here to complain, it's just I don't think I've ever seen these things mentioned and the way we can make ROMs better is by pointing stuff out that hasn't been before.

k, haven´t noticed this myself, but will test and check it out bro.... :)

The dsp manager has a bug I've checked it my self and I can't get it to work

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

I have tested the DSP manager, and it did work... If you find a bug, then tell us what kind of bug, not just it has a bug bro... :eek::)

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Then those numbers are part of the icon another more hard option is to go uot kitchen and get the ones without percentage in them

Edin, good to see ya bro! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DaDoctor

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de

Ladicx

Aug 14, 2011
Utah
Guys, give the ROM atleast a few days to settle. How can you have so many complaints when.it has just been released. Remember this is free and Sergio and the cd team do this on their free time. So if you have feedback or problems, go about it in a positive manner and I'm sure it will get done a little quicker. As for the patch dadoctor offered, I would be interested in trying it. I like the glass theme but it is a little hard to read pop ups. I was curious of what things would we lose with the skin if a patch were to be made. For me its only a minor issue and if I were to lose any of the beautiful skin I would pass. Take your time guys no need to rush it. The ROM works flawlessly thus far for me and most ppl. Thanks for all the all the hard work :)

Edit* if there were a patch to make the transparency just a tad bit darker, that would be amazing :D

Sent from Mars using Coredroid Rom

Last edited:
Reactions: RayHeath

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de
Ok, everbodies talkin about 3.5 at the moment...right?

Yes, I have tried the camera, yes i have tried energie´s rom, yes revolution, yes... yes.... yes! But every single rom has the same icons! Has the same menu! Energy has a little blue, but the battery icon, the task bar, they are all the same....

Everyone has to decide... What´s the best for you, personally... You are flashing a rom for you guys. Sergio is just trying to make it perfect...
Of course he´s not gonna do a 3.5 yet, especially when it´s not released guys! :confused:

This has always been the same with every new release, especially when it took longer....

Sergio, main goal with this release was skin, stability, and nooooooooooooo problems. Of course there will always be something, but please don´t start comparing to these half finished 3.5 ROMS! :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Guys, give the ROM atleast a few days to settle. How can you have so many complaints when.it has just been released. Remember this is free and Sergio and the cd team do this on their free time. So if you have feedback or problems, go about it in a positive manner and I'm sure it will get done a little quicker. As for the patch dadoctor offered, I would be interested in trying it. I like the glass theme but it is a little hard to read pop ups. I was curious of what things would we lose with the skin if a patch were to be made. For me its only a minor issue and if I were to lose any of the beautiful skin I would pass. Take your time guys no need to rush it. The ROM works flawlessly thus far for me and most ppl. Thanks for all the all the hard work :)

Edit* if there were a patch to make the transparency just a tad bit darker, that would be amazing :D

There will be a patch within the next couple of days bro... :)

BTW.... MARS? Like it Bro!

Last edited:

RiNo808

Feb 25, 2006
Taken from faux his op.

ZRAM (aka CompCache aka RAMZSwap)

ZRAM is an updated version formally known as CompCache and RAMZSwap. It was originally designed for 2.6.38.xx kernels, I have backported to our 2.6.35.xx kernel. ZRAM allows real-time compression of memory objects in RAM thus reducing memory pressure for the Linux kernel and can keep more apps in memory longer (more apps in RAM == better performance, less fetching from slower MMC or SDCard). Compression, however, is not Free. Some CPU cycles are required to do the compress/decompression, so there's a slight penalty for it. The original CompCache /RAMZSwap required a user space binary to control its behavior which adds additional penalty to performance, but the new version ZRAM eliminated the need for a separate dedicated daemon, thus reducing the overhead and increased performance from the old CompCache by 20%. Therefore, with the newer implementation of ZRAM interface, the performance penalty is almost negligible.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Do we just flash it via cwm? Also do we have to mount?

Sent via Sensation Z710a AT&T

galsalah

Mar 23, 2011
I don't understand what this all about!!!!!! The rom is gorgeous ....and by the way,that still an under statement ... I flashed roms left and right on few different phones. Every other rom has plusses and minuses. But when you look at the over all picture This is an amazing rom all the way around, that's way no matter what I try (and there is a lots of good roms out there) I always keep coming back to coredroid because nothing really satisfies my like C/D.and keep in mind that I am a very picky deatailed person. So guys please please be appreciative and enjoy the awesome work of this team and stop complaining about very minor stuff. If you want to bring something up to help the team in making this rom even better, that's fine but let's just do it in a civilized way using some manners. Thank you C/D team for all your work and for this hill of good build.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Reactions: DaDoctor

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de
Do we just flash it via cwm? Also do we have to mount?

Sent via Sensation Z710a AT&T

Yes bro per CWM... :)

I don't understand what this all about!!!!!! The rom is gorgeous ....and by the way,that still an under statement ... I flashed roms left and right on few different phones. Every other rom has plusses and minuses. But when you look at the over all picture This is an amazing rom all the way around, that's way no matter what I try (and there is a lots of good roms out there) I always keep coming back to coredroid because nothing really satisfies my like C/D.and keep in mind that I am a very picky deatailed person. So guys please please be appreciative and enjoy the awesome work of this team and stop complaining about very minor stuff. If you want to bring something up to help the team in making this rom even better, that's fine but let's just do it in a civilized way using some manners. Thank you C/D team for all your work and for this hill of good build.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

Gasalah! Thank you bro, not only for me, but for Sergio and the entire CoreDroid Team!!! :) I have always tried to say "Patience is a Virtue", and it is.... If you have noticed... With everything what´s been released has been top notch! Why? Because it will be tested, and tested and tested.... when it works, then will be released.

If you have a problem, and please don´t even try to compare it to a 3.5, then please let us know.... But please dont say "I have a bug"! and don´t tell us what the bug is...

LOL, Ain´t this fun? :)

Reactions: RaysDarts

Ladicx

Aug 14, 2011
Utah
Ok, everbodies talkin about 3.5 at the moment...right?

Yes, I have tried the camera, yes i have tried energie´s rom, yes revolution, yes... yes.... yes! But every single rom has the same icons! Has the same menu! Energy has a little blue, but the battery icon, the task bar, they are all the same....

Everyone has to decide... What´s the best for you, personally... You are flashing a rom for you guys. Sergio is just trying to make it perfect...
Of course he´s not gonna do a 3.5 yet, especially when it´s not released guys! :confused:

This has always been the same with every new release, especially when it took longer....

Sergio, main goal with this release was skin, stability, and nooooooooooooo problems. Of course there will always be something, but please don´t start comparing to these half finished 3.5 ROMS! :)

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

There will be a patch within the next couple of days bro... :)

BTW.... MARS? Like it Bro!

Lol thanks. And I totally agree with your 3.5 statement. It can't be fully skinned and i don't think ppl understand that. Energy is a great ROM. I thought I was going to be heading back because 3.5 is really great. But the skin doesn't compare to CD as its only half skinned. Honestly this version of CD is also a lot smoother then energy too :p
Also can't wait to see what the patch looks like. :)

RayHeath

Feb 11, 2009
Weiden, Germany
www.heath-agentur.de
Lol thanks. And I totally agree with your 3.5 statement. It can't be fully skinned and i don't think ppl understand that. Energy is a great ROM. I thought I was going to be heading back because 3.5 is really great. But the skin doesn't compare to CD as its only half skinned. Honestly this version of CD is also a lot smoother then energy too :p
Also can't wait to see what the patch looks like. :)

Exactly bro... That´s why it took so long to finish..... Well what does finish mean....?

I will tell you bro, this is the hammer of hammers! I have tested everything and anytime wi´ve had a problem, we have always gotten a fix or script...

We will get this perfect, and when this is perfect.... Then the next project!

Thank you Bro, this means a lot for Sergio and the team! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][03 APR]COREDROID SENSATION XE & 4G v5.1 [ICS][SENSE 3.6][FAST|SMOOTH] ONLINE!

MOD EDIT: As of November 7th CoreDroid officially moved all its support to another site.

Due to repeated kanging from other Roms as well as needing CST paid version to obtain the latest version of the Rom, anything related to the CoreDroid team is not allowed to be posted anymore on XDA and is from now on considered warez.
    This includes: Signatures, links, themes, as well as any work developed by the CD team or included in any Rom.

TL;dr: If you included anything from CD in your work, you have to remove it.

We appreciate your understanding on the matter in hand,
    XDA Moderation team
    MOD EDIT: Removed content
    Read read read!!!

MOD EDIT: removed content