[How To] Root - Galaxy Tab 2 7" 4.0.4

Search This thread

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Seemingly I am not clear. Here its what happened:
1. Put phone into Download mode
2. Flash CWM
3. ODIN shows PASS. Removed USB cable.
4. Phone still showing DOWNLOAD :( (did not switch off after flash)
and I am afraid :(

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
Anyone plz.....:(
Isn't Tab supposed to switched off after Flashing with Auto-Reboot option UNTICKED ? Or it remains in DOWNLOADING screen and button combo should be pressed ?
Anyone on 4.0.4 who successfully used this method would plz share their full experience and help others from falling into problems ?

Thanks !!!

cemanie

May 19, 2004
surabaya
Google Pixel XL
Alhamdulillah, it's work for my GTAB 2
this step that i applied

1. Download CWM,cwm-root-gtab2.zip,Fix-Recovery

2. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip+Fix-Recovery.zip to external sdcard,i used airdroid to do it.

3. Set enabled USB Debugging, from Menu>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development,,Options and check the “USB debugging” option.

4. Now Turn your device off .

5. Boot into Download-Mode (Power+Vol Down) and press vol up to continue.

6. Start Odin,,untick all(autoreboot,repartition,reset time)

7. Choose "GT-P31XX_ClockworkMod-Recovery_X.X.X.X.tar" as PDA

8. Connect your Tab

9. Klik Start

10. When it show PASS, remove usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, when Samsung Galaxy Tab screen appear release power button but keep vol up.

11. In CWM recovery, install fix recovery and cwm-root.

12. Now reboot your tab. It should be rooted now.
Done!!
Thanks to Fz.hary

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
A ton of THANKS to Harry, Spartan and my mom (she asked me to go ahead and try. She will get me a new one if something happens).
Thank you so much!
BTW, I am writing this from CM10 Jelly Bean ;)

Reactions: Fz.hary

silentmelodies

Dec 11, 2010
Jakarta
Do you think the Odin version has anything to do with it? I also have the SGS3 from Verizon and I've rooted and used Odin version 3.07 however the guides to rooting the g-tab use odin version 1.85....I've tried using both. I can boot into recovery however when I try to install the .zip files I get the "E signature fail" message.

If your sure the download is good and md5 checks out (if there's one posted) in cwm recovery in the flash zip menu there is a (disable signature verification check) click that then try and flash the zip) if the zip is good and u get that message it just means its unsigned.
I am having this same problem. Trying to find where to "disable signature verification check", but I can't find the menu. Can you pont out how to get there?

EDIT
Never mind, problem fixed. I was dumb enough to not have flashed CWM yet! :p

Last edited:

savagehax

Dec 19, 2011
So I have never rooted anything by Samsung before and I have never had to install kies before doing Therese steps do I need to install any drivers or anything? Hopefully someone replies I wanna root this bad boy

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
So I have never rooted anything by Samsung before and I have never had to install kies before doing Therese steps do I need to install any drivers or anything? Hopefully someone replies I wanna root this bad boy

As i know you need to install samsung drivers their is a package for samsung driver in forum or if you installed kies it contains the samsung drivers for you (easier) if you do not want to install kies then you should install the samsung drivers alone the package in the forum

Sent from my GT-P5100 using xda app-developers app

savagehax

Dec 19, 2011
Ok so just install kies but make sure it's not running at time October root correct?

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Ok so just install kies but make sure it's not running at time October root correct?

1-Just install kies and when flashing with odin close it as it may conflict with it you will find two processes to close in windows task manager alt+control+delete that need to be closed manually
2-or samsung drivers as i know found in this thread

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod10:GT-P5100:How_to_install

this is the package for drivers alone you do not need to install kies
3-you know that you installed drivers correctly as when open odin and connect phone in download mode you will find a window saying port ( some number) so phone is connected
4-do not forget to restart pc after kies or drivers install to apply them in memory next boot
5-after installing drivers try to connect phone to pc without using odin you may find a prompt of drivers installing leave till finish

Sent from my GT-P5100 using xda app-developers app

savagehax

Dec 19, 2011
Ok is says I need to put .tar for pda all I have is a .zip file is that it? Cause I can't find tar anywhere

Reactions: ksg97

myviet

May 26, 2007
I did from step 1 to step 9 . But in step 10 show FAIL. Idon't know why, Helpme please

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
I did from step 1 to step 9 . But in step 10 show FAIL. Idon't know why, Helpme please
Is it possible to take and send a Screenshot of ODIN showing FAIL ?
Or
Give us a step-by-step account what EXACTLY you did. Without having much and exact details its little difficult to help swiftly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instruction how to root your tab 2

1. Download Clock Work Mod recovery from here

2. Download cwm-root-gtab2.zip to root your device from attachment and copy to external sdcard

3. Download Fix-Recovery to erase install-recovery.sh from attachment and copy to external sdcard

6. Start Odin

8. Connect your Tab

9. Untick Reset Time and Auto Reboot

64633544.png

10. When it show PASS, remove usb cable and hold Vol Up + Power, when Samsung Galaxy Tab screen appear release power button but keep vol up.

*Tested in my galaxy tab 2 7" with Android 4.0.4 from OTA update.

All credit go to xda developer :)
    I have tried flashing the Fix-Recovery.zip and cwm-root-gtab2.zip. I am getting E:signature verification failed. I doubled check everything I did and used a different sd card thinking maybe it wasn't accepting the sd card. Still having the same issue. I don't know if anyone has this problem with the method, but I would greatly would like the help to get root for the Tab.

what type of cwm and galaxy tab do you have?
    Alhamdulillah, it's work for my GTAB 2
    this step that i applied

1. Download CWM,cwm-root-gtab2.zip,Fix-Recovery

2. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip+Fix-Recovery.zip to external sdcard,i used airdroid to do it.

3. Set enabled USB Debugging, from Menu>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development,,Options and check the “USB debugging” option.

6. Start Odin,,untick all(autoreboot,repartition,reset time)

8. Connect your Tab

9. Klik Start

Done!!
    Thanks to Fz.hary
    If you have 4.0.3 it will worked Just with cwm and cwm-root.zip to root.
    Flash cwm from ODIN and then Flash cwm-root.zip from cwm recovery.

Sent from my supercharger GT-P3100
    signature verification failed

I have tried flashing the Fix-Recovery.zip and cwm-root-gtab2.zip. I am getting E:signature verification failed. I doubled check everything I did and used a different sd card thinking maybe it wasn't accepting the sd card. Still having the same issue. I don't know if anyone has this problem with the method, but I would greatly would like the help to get root for the Tab.