Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb! error. how to fix it?

Search This thread
Aug 13, 2010
I am getting a similar error, trying to do a nandroid restore. I created a back up earlier today (when I rooted it) and have made some changes I don't like. I tried rebooting in recovery mode then doing a Nand Restore but it gives me this error:

error: run nandroid-mobile.sh restore via adb!

So I googled how to do it and found some step by step directions.
I booted in recovery mode
ran CMD
cd c:\(directory)
adb shell
mount /sdcard

and that gives me the error:

mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /sdcard failed: No such file or directory

I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help?

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Or, you could do exactly what it says to do.... run the command from adb.

Code:
adb shell nandroid-mobile.sh -b -s <name your backup here> --norecovery --nocache --nomisc --nosplash1 --nosplash2
(this is to make a nandroid image, run in recovery, when you name it, do NOT include the < > 's)

Aug 13, 2010
I have an image already, just trying to restore back to it. What I tried was:

Phone in recovery mode,

cd c:\(directory)
adb shell
nandroid-mobile.sh restore

It then says "Using G1 Keyboard, enter directory name...." Which I will just hit enter. I then get "Using string to search for matching backup directories" followed by "error: unable to mount /sdcard, aborting"

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, although I am pretty new to all of this so it could be tons >_<.

Thanks for the help, I was pretty excited to see that someone replied to this.

JokerAce

Sep 23, 2009
Teleporting..
Alright, I had the same issue recently. Did you partition your sd card, and if you did, did you upgrade from partition ext2 to ext3? I extracted the contents on my sdcard (including the nandroid of course) and do a partitioning on my sdcard up to ext3. Next I place all content back and try to do a nandroid restore again, this time round it works!! Don't have to use adb, just use the recovery "restore/backup" function.

oohoy

Jan 6, 2010
never done a nan restore before. did it today to fix gps lock issues comin from cm6 nightly builts. nan backup cm6, full wipe and flashed fresh rom then i did a nan restore and bumped into Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb! error. tried all the tips from this thread without any luck. battery has been nearly full. had over 1gig space left on memory card, did a format on the card and copied backup back to memory and all failed. so i gave up and went flash cm6 rom again and guess what, all previous cm6 settings i had remained ? gps works now. and phone is runnin smooth again

just my 2cents

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Yes you can always flash a ROM overtop and it only replaces the files that changed, so you don't lose any data. For example if you flash a theme and don't like it, flash your ROM without wipe and it puts back the stock files that the theme had changed.

oohoy

Jan 6, 2010
Yes you can always flash a ROM overtop and it only replaces the files that changed, so you don't lose any data. For example if you flash a theme and don't like it, flash your ROM without wipe and it puts back the stock files that the theme had changed.

rite... except that i did a full wipe at first before flashing the fresh rom. then after all else failed, i then flashed cm6 rom on top of flash rom without full wipe. and i did a format on the SD card too. i was just surprised that it worked

D

Deleted member 2876280

Solution!

If you get this 'error', it's really not an error per-se. I ran into this today after being able to create nandroid backups without a problem... but then I remembered I downloaded some podcasts and filled my SD card!!

The notification will come about if your SD card is FULL!!! You'll likely need somewhere between 70-80mb of free space on your SD card, depending upon what you have installed of course. Try freeing up some SD space and give it another go! It worked for me.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
If you get this 'error', it's really not an error per-se. I ran into this today after being able to create nandroid backups without a problem... but then I remembered I downloaded some podcasts and filled my SD card!!

The notification will come about if your SD card is FULL!!! You'll likely need somewhere between 70-80mb of free space on your SD card, depending upon what you have installed of course. Try freeing up some SD space and give it another go! It worked for me.
actually, they are normally about 200mb

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
I needed to upgrade my prl so I made a nandroid of CM6.0 stable. Upgraded my prl with fresh then proceeded to restore the nandroid. It gave me the error to run nandroid-mobile.sh in adb.

So, I did what some people said to do. I cleaned my SD card and repartitioned it. I have over 5gb free and still the same error. Help?

Sent from my Hero using the XDA App

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
I needed to upgrade my prl so I made a nandroid of CM6.0 stable. Upgraded my prl with fresh then proceeded to restore the nandroid. It gave me the error to run nandroid-mobile.sh in adb.

So, I did what some people said to do. I cleaned my SD card and repartitioned it. I have over 5gb free and still the same error. Help?

Sent from my Hero using the XDA App

Try this.. I posted it a few posts up

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7759267&postcount=62

laie1472

Feb 18, 2010
I had the same problem my fix was simple I relashed my recovery and it worked so try it hope it works for u good luck

Root-Hack-Mod-Always™

Jon.StatiK

Feb 9, 2010
Regaw, I did what you told me to do but instead of making a backup I tried restore.
Evidently, the md5 checksum is mismatched....yay!

87Vortex87

May 21, 2010
Just wanted to say this thread helped me restoring my ROM. I plugged just plugged the phone to the pc, retried it and it worked strangely enough. Didn't do anything more then just pluggin it in.

Gdk2012

Nov 25, 2010
I received the above error and freeing up space solved it for me; after that I was able to backup again. I never had a problem restoring thankfully.

b4mb4m

Jul 21, 2008
I had the same problem before.
One time the solution was plugging it in.
However today that was not the problem, battery was full.

I tend to organise everything on my sd card and the backup has a name with date and time, but I just renamed it to "froyo stock" and another backup to "Cyanogen 6.1". Ten minutes earlier the restore worked flawless, and after the rename it didn't anymore.
So I removed the spaces from the new names I gave them, and now the work again. e.g "froyo-stock" and "Cyanogen-6-1"

Maybe I'm telling old news, but I'd thought I'd share it anyway

Cheers
B4M

Nsandhu23

Dec 11, 2010
i have followed the guide for rooting sprint hero to a letter
when it tells me to do back up in recovery mode (step 8) i press home button and i get this error Run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb!

i searched and searched this forum for answer to no avail.

so can you please help me with this?

thanks!

This happened to me yesterday. The two main reasons that this happens is because you need more space on your sd card or your battery is low.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk