[How-To] Properly flash OTA update to 4.4.3 (KTU84L) from (KOT49H)

Search This thread

rockky

Oct 2, 2006
chicago
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Screwed Up

Hello
Any patient helper would be appreciated.
my device is seemingly on an initial google view followed by a 'the software update failed'. Make sure your device is connected to the computer and try again'.

So this all follows me trying to flash the OTA link (I got elsewhere) via Androxide Sony Mobile flasher.The 'app cant open the bundle', the the device disconnects.

So I THEN (dumb I know), go to XDA and find this thread about righteous ways to do things.

The device has the dual kernel right now, that just i put on via Androxide to get to recovery...wouldnt go there otherwise.(i know I have to put stock kernel back on).

So anyone, phone is stuck on the Google icon. I take it the Androxide tool is of no use? I have no adb knowlege.
Please tell me where to go from here...(been around XDA for ages but am still out of my league with this stuff....so talk to me as you would an idiot!
Thanks
I have stock kernel, dual kernel and OTA link on PC.

Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
Hello
Any patient helper would be appreciated.
my device is seemingly on an initial google view followed by a 'the software update failed'. Make sure your device is connected to the computer and try again'.

So this all follows me trying to flash the OTA link (I got elsewhere) via Androxide Sony Mobile flasher.The 'app cant open the bundle', the the device disconnects.

So I THEN (dumb I know), go to XDA and find this thread about righteous ways to do things.

The device has the dual kernel right now, that just i put on via Androxide to get to recovery...wouldnt go there otherwise.(i know I have to put stock kernel back on).

So anyone, phone is stuck on the Google icon. I take it the Androxide tool is of no use? I have no adb knowlege.
Please tell me where to go from here...(been around XDA for ages but am still out of my league with this stuff....so talk to me as you would an idiot!
Thanks
I have stock kernel, dual kernel and OTA link on PC.
Do you know how to flash kernel img with flashtool?

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
yes sir

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

yes sir

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Adfergerson. Thank you, I have to get back to a conference call here, and will check back in 90min

Edit... I skipped the obvious thing to try first, do you have any nandroid backups and have you tried to restore them?

Okay I need to grab dinner. If you get back first here is what I would try if you really want avoid using adb.....
1. Copy the update to external SD card.
2. Flash the stock kernel from op of this thread in recovery.
3. Read this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761698
4. (Skipping the part about adb) try to get into fastboot by powering off device plug USB into PC hold volume up and plug in phone.
5. Follow steps from above link to get to recovery.
6. Choose apply update from SD navigate to the update select it and cross fingers.

Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
This camera bug is driving me nuts. I need one for my daily driver. Can anyone tell me how to downgrade to 4.4.2?

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk
Do you have any CWM or TWRP backups from before you updated? If so use flashtool to flash the advanced stock v2 kernel and restore your backup.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So guys thanks to the lovely people here on XDA we have the incremental OTA captured!

its NOT the full ROM but is rather a patch to allow you to update to latest 4.4.3

Since this is incremental patch you will need to be on stock/minimally modified Stock KOT49H 4.4.2 ROM, most importantly you will have to be on original kernel (boot.img)...

best would be to use this procedure:
    [IMP][ZU_GPe][How-To] Restore to original Google Play Edition firmware!
    to get back to stock 4.4.2 (but you may lose your app data)

If you want an in-place upgrade and if you are using any of my kernel (recovery kernels or DooMKernel) then you will have to revert to pure stock kernel..

unfortunately you wont be able to flash the original KOT49H kernel via fastboot (considering that you might have unlocked bootloader)...

i am attaching below the original KOT49H as a recovery flashable zip:
    ZU_GPe-DooMLoRD-Stock_KOT49H_kernel

flash it using CWM recovery and the kernel on your GPE device will be replaced with original kernel

now reboot into bootloader
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    select recovery and enter it...

select ADB method and flash the incremental OTA using the command:
    Code:
    adb sideload <NAME-OF-OTA-FILE>

it will take a while but once its done reboot device and enjoy latest KitKat 4.4.3 :)

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Can we follow this procedure if using the ported GPE ROM in a C6833? Is there anything GPE-specific in the update ZIP that could brick a non-GPE device?

Thanks!

PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE INCREMENTAL OTA ZIP ON NON-GPE DEVICE!

bootloader/modem and lots of other things are getting patched!

wait for the fill flash zip and then port that...
    once i enter recovery and use the adb sideload command i get the following error:

device not found

you have to enable recovery menu (press POWER + VOLUME DOWN for a second or so when u see the "dead android robot screen")...

then select flash via adb (1st option in the recovery)
    Thanks

Did that and now I have a message on my phone saying:
    Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>...

The thing is when I send the file via adb I get the error: device not found
    I check my device manager and I found a yellow exclamation mark next to the phone, does the phone need a different driver to use the sideload command?

A driver is probably not installed correctly. Re-install it and try again. If that doesn't work:

- Boot your phone
    - Go to developer settings and enable USB debugging, and authorize ADB (it'll pop up and ask you on your phone)
    - Open cmd on your computer and type "adb devices". Your device is a string of characters and numbers, like: "4JKF45234F" etc.
    - If your device is found, try sideloading it now, by typing "adb sideload [file path]" and wait for it to flash it.
    Thanks

Did that and now I have a message on my phone saying:
    Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>...

The thing is when I send the file via adb I get the error: device not found
    I check my device manager and I found a yellow exclamation mark next to the phone, does the phone need a different driver to use the sideload command?

I had this issue and drivers needed to be installed. Right click on device with exclamation, tab over to drivers, then select update drivers and "choose browse my computer", find the Sony fastboot and adb drivers from flashtool folder and install them. If you are on win8 or 8.1 you will need to disable signature verification. I assume somehow flashtool is able to use the drivers without them actually being installed?
    @vivalamoza another option is to copy update to SD card and flash it from there using stock recovery.