[Q] No service after flashing to CleanGB, CWM 5.0.2.7 from 2.1 DI18

Search This thread

axelfox

May 11, 2009
I thought this phone was on 2.3, but it was on 2.1 (or 2.2) DI18. I updated CWM to 5.0.2.7 and then flashed CleanGB MTD.

When I reboot, I cannot get service, and airplane mode switches really fast between on and off.

I believe it may be the modem, so I am trying to upgrade the modem from DI18 to EC05 so I can update to EL30. However, the current DI18 to ECO5 flashable zip I have is giving me an error (Status 7).

Aside from from the modem, any other thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I thought this phone was on 2.3, but it was on 2.1 (or 2.2) DI18. I updated CWM to 5.0.2.7 and then flashed CleanGB MTD.

When I reboot, I cannot get service, and airplane mode switches really fast between on and off.

I believe it may be the modem, so I am trying to upgrade the modem from DI18 to EC05 so I can update to EL30. However, the current DI18 to ECO5 flashable zip I have is giving me an error (Status 7).

Aside from from the modem, any other thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks.

You can just flash a modem through odin :). I think the newest official tar is el30 so here it is : EL30 Modem.tar place this in the PDA box in odin make sure nothing but auto-reboot is checked and hit start. Make sure you have a trusty cable and not a stock one. You could also need to update your prl as well as your profile so do that wait a minute or so and reboot the phone. You can do this in the about phone section where it says updates or something similar.. i dont know cuz im on cm9 :p

It could also be a bad download of CleanGb so you can always try redownloading and reflashing that.

Last edited:

axelfox

May 11, 2009
You can just flash a modem through odin :). I think the newest official tar is el30 so here it is : EL30 Modem.tar place this in the PDA box in odin make sure nothing but auto-reboot is checked and hit start. Make sure you have a trusty cable and not a stock one. You could also need to update your prl as well as your profile so do that wait a minute or so and reboot the phone. You can do this in the about phone section where it says updates or something similar.. i dont know cuz im on cm9 :p

It could also be a bad download of CleanGb so you can always try redownloading and reflashing that.

Thanks. Just flashed the modem through ODIN and the phone works now.

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Hm

No matter what you choose to flash, I would of Odin'd the latest Official Tar, and then done a profile update, prl update, etc. THEN Flash the rom/poison of your choice. IF you do end up going to whatever MTD rom, there's an EL30 SD Temp flashable build on Epic CM9 Blog that can let you update your profile on MTD Roms that support kexec, which I think most, if not all, do by now. That way you can update your profile, prl, etc without having to Odin back. Glad to hear that a modem update fixed it!

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
What do you recommend? I was looking at CM9, but it seems too unstable.

Its not unstable at all its come a LONG way since alpha. I personally run aokp 31 with my samurai kernel because aokp has more options than cm9. But both are equal in stablilty =].

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium