CWMR 6.0.3.7 - need testers

Search This thread

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
Wow Tiffany84 nice to see here, theming for the N3 soon I hope?

Hey, thanks. It's been awhile since I've really worked on a full theme but God I love this phone and I'm really getting the urge to play:p

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

zoth

Nov 13, 2009
TEXAS
Hey, thanks. It's been awhile since I've really worked on a full theme but God I love this phone and I'm really getting the urge to play:p

I agree no regrets on this bad boy, sort off holding between the max and this, but this one is just feature rich. Samsung is really kicking some a$$.

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Have you or they successfully restored a backup?

It did work for me but then I got a message that the root was borked and did I want to fix it.,... Of course I said yes and it did the root fix. I am thinking that until titanium and others figure out the rewrite code issue that is there the rooting will become corrupted every time you do most anything that is restored.

No science just what I have seen and based on my personal experience.

GAWD !!! I love this phone Note 2 +200 % more HP and bells and whistles.....:eek::cool::eek::victory::angel:

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
All, the issue is most likely with selinux being enforced in the kernel and tar not backing up the metadata properly during the backup process.

I am working on a fix now, but no recovery will work properly for the time being, stay tuned.

Is there a downside for modders like us to disabling enforcement in the kernel? Someone posted the info in the international forum for doing it. I could probably build one tonight using that info.

Reactions: dwitherell

circuit.007

Mar 20, 2012
So is there a fix where we can successfully restore now?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tomasitoc

Aug 21, 2008
California
Using this. I'm not sure. Using TWRP, it's being updated almost daily. Both recoveries are work in progress. So, you have to just keep checking.

Circuit, use TWRP for now and when CWM is fully functional, you will have no problem switching back.

Is the development of the CWM for Note 3 still alive?
Looks like this thread has faded away

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there

Here is a 6.0.3.7 cm10.1 source built cwmr for people who are willing to test out the restore function. I need my phone in functioning order until Saturday until I can test it myself but figured this might help people in the meantime.

Features:
    Touch interface
    Large fonts for easier use
    Rebuilt kernel to remove root protections so adb shell functions as expected

I have tested filesystem mounts and backups and everything there works fine, but I am waiting on stock firmware to download and some free time to be without a device if restore borks things. Flashing the stock rom via odin will fix issues due to restore if there are any, but I need some willing users. If no one can I will do it myself this weekend.

Source:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_samsung_hltetmo

Download image:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9459955/recovery/testing/hltetmo/recovery-cwmr-hltemo-build1.img

Flash with heimdall, the stock rom does not overwrite recovery on this device.

Here is an untested ODIN compatible tar (I dont use windows) but it should flash fine, contains the above image:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9459955/recovery/testing/hltetmo/build1.tar.md5

Thanks to Dees Troy for the dtb tips.

edit: sounds like restore is derped in all the recoveries so far so I'm going to work on it this weekend and get a fix up when it's ready. Seems like perhaps the way /system is restored is causing grief.
    Mirror 2

A mirror of the files is up. Links below

build1.tar.md5

recovery-cwmr-hltemo-build1.img
    If anyone tests this and break their phone, this is how you fix it.

Step one: Reboot back into CWM recovery (TWRP also works, if you feel like flashing that)
    Step two: format data (you have to format, NOT wipe. wiping won't do it). Again, this works in either recovery.
    Step three: wipe cache/dalvik/data
    step four: download and odin flash a stock image

And your Note 3 should boot again and you won't be soft bricked for 3 1/2 hours like I was :)

Some good news. Builds 2 and 3 can restore and boot, but lead to a lot of force closes....for those who wanna know :)
    Which note 3? T-mobile or international?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 4

According to three people on there they have successfully flashed the T-Mobile one.
    I'm picking up a Note 3 in about an hour, if I have time this evening I'll give it a try.

Hey there

Here is a 6.0.3.7 cm10.1 source built cwmr for people who are willing to test out the restore function. I need my phone in functioning order until Saturday until I can test it myself but figured this might help people in the meantime.

Features:
    Touch interface
    Large fonts for easier use
    Rebuilt kernel to remove root protections so adb shell functions as expected

I have tested filesystem mounts and backups and everything there works fine, but I am waiting on stock firmware to download and some free time to be without a device if restore borks things. Flashing the stock rom via odin will fix issues due to restore if there are any, but I need some willing users. If no one can I will do it myself this weekend.

Source:
    https://github.com/utkanos/android_device_samsung_hltetmo

Download image:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9459955/recovery/testing/hltetmo/recovery-cwmr-hltemo-build1.img

Flash with heimdall, the stock rom does not overwrite recovery on this device.

Here is an untested ODIN compatible tar (I dont use windows) but it should flash fine, contains the above image:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9459955/recovery/testing/hltetmo/build1.tar.md5

Thanks to Dees Troy for the dtb tips.