List of changes/enhancements/problems in the KitKat OTA

Search This thread

L3van

May 16, 2013
So it seems that reboots and freezing is caused by GSM. But I have no problem with music at all.

Odesláno z mého XT907 pomocí Tapatalk

So, reflashing and starting from scratch may not fix this problem? I'm also using this phone in gsm (T-Mobile us)

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

i'm on gsm too, but with the google play edition rom,
i have no problem so far, :good:

Reactions: tronjojo

retrobot

Mar 25, 2012
Wonder if some of these issues will be fixed in the new software update coming for the maxx, ultra, and of course m in a few days.

Last edited:

benya274

Jan 4, 2014
got the same self-reboot problems

So, reflashing and starting from scratch may not fix this problem? I'm also using this phone in gsm (T-Mobile us)

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

- i don't think GSM caused it. Im on EVDO CDMA got random self-reboot, also random hang / didn't respond to any button i pressed. Had to "three button salute"ed it to boot again.
- got several lag on accessing camera (which didn't happen on JB before)
- SD swap didn't work using any method i can find on net.
- worse battery life (actually was hoping has better battery life) even after freezed many bloat and fast dormancy thingy.

so i switched back to JB, even it stil has jitter, but dunno what happened, i have less jitter after return to JB from KK. so i guess its about bootloader things, no?

toddbecker

Oct 25, 2012
Dock issues

I use both the Motorola vehicle dock and the RAZR HD desk dock with my phone. With the desk dock, I have noticed that the app won't retain the preference for the dock type once I select it, so I have to re-select it each time I dock the phone. In addition, when I press the home key from another app, I am returned to the standard desktop, not the desk dock.

For the vehicle dock, I now have notifications for two different apps at the same time, vehicle dock and car dock, at this point, I don't know what the implications of this are.

I've heard others complaining about Bluetooth pairing issues when in their dock, but I haven't had any. I use smart actions to enable Bluetooth whenever the phone is in the vehicle dock, that seems to be working well.

Last edited:

j27h

Jan 2, 2013
Rome
I'm using my KitKat Razr M in Italy (GSM), and as many of you I too have random reboots issue. The experience is a bit laggy too, and the smartphone seems hotter than it used to be under JB.

I'm thinking of reflashing the KK ROM with RSDlite. I'm also going to try ART runtime instead of Dalvik.

Other than that WiFi, BT, GPS, WiFi AP, camera with HDR and panorama function: everything works fine! I'm tweaking the stock rom with Xposed Framework and Gravity Box.

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
The battery life in sleep mode is pretty much the same for me compared to CM 10.1.3 (I don't know about stock JB though), 11 days on GSM without Wi-Fi, BT, etc.

CM 10.1.3:

VZW 183.46.10:

Screen jitter seems to be gone too.
But the audio distortion (clicking, popping) in most of the apps is really annoying. No idea, how this could pass QA.
Another thing I noticed, Wi-Fi channels 12 and 13 are disabled now. Does anyone know how to enable them again?

tronjojo

Dec 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I just returned from a trip where i only had basic edge gsm reception. i had no reboots, and blank screens, and the battery life was amazing (even with wifi on most of the time)

Does anyone know if the tasker app could setup something so when the phone screen is off the connection could only use the most basic 2g. i should still be able to get notifications right?

now that i'm back with h+ most of the time, i've had several reboots in under 2 days. and the batterylife crap again.

thanks

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
I just returned from a trip where i only had basic edge gsm reception. i had no reboots, and blank screens, and the battery life was amazing (even with wifi on most of the time)

Does anyone know if the tasker app could setup something so when the phone screen is off the connection could only use the most basic 2g. i should still be able to get notifications right?

now that i'm back with h+ most of the time, i've had several reboots in under 2 days. and the batterylife crap again.

thanks
Gravity Box (you need xPosed) has that in Phone settings. I think LeanDroid is also supposed to do that but it hasn't worked well for me.

Reactions: tronjojo

Top Liked Posts