[Q] Noob needs Bionic SIM help

Search This thread

RAKATIKA

Jul 29, 2014
So I have a droid Bionic my friend went through much pains to root. Fast forward a year and I probably got a virus on it and it ran like crap. So I went ahead and reset it to factory default. I have no phone plan or data plan anymore.

After the factory restore, when I boot up the droid, it says -Safe Strap: Disabled- in bold red text with the little robot lower down. Next I get a screen that says -Welcome; Select your language:- I select English and hit -Start- and I'm then greeted with a new screen -A SIM card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert you SIM card.- and I get two options -Emergency Call- and -Power Off- and that's it.

So it's safe to assume my phone is still rooted and I'm pretty certain I need to trick my phone into thinking it has a SIM so that it boots up. I have tried putting in other SIM cards with data plans and it gives me the same crap. I'm not a complete techno noob I just know next to nothing about modding phones in any capacity. Any advise or direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
So I have a droid Bionic my friend went through much pains to root. Fast forward a year and I probably got a virus on it and it ran like crap. So I went ahead and reset it to factory default. I have no phone plan or data plan anymore.

After the factory restore, when I boot up the droid, it says -Safe Strap: Disabled- in bold red text with the little robot lower down. Next I get a screen that says -Welcome; Select your language:- I select English and hit -Start- and I'm then greeted with a new screen -A SIM card is needed to operate this phone. Please turn off your phone and insert you SIM card.- and I get two options -Emergency Call- and -Power Off- and that's it.

So it's safe to assume my phone is still rooted and I'm pretty certain I need to trick my phone into thinking it has a SIM so that it boots up. I have tried putting in other SIM cards with data plans and it gives me the same crap. I'm not a complete techno noob I just know next to nothing about modding phones in any capacity. Any advise or direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

you put a sim in from the carrier the bionic was made for or is compatible with and it didnt work?
do you have the old sim you used to use in the bionic?
i get a new sim every time i get a new phone and keep the burned one, as it will still activate the phone even though it doesnt work otherwise.
im pretty sure there is a trick that will get you past that screen. it involves tapping the 4 corners of the screen counter clockwise. i dont recall where to start, try searching for more info on it.

as for the root, yea, i remember rooting my bionic last time, and it sucked a lot lol. anyways, it "should" still be rooted, just put a superuser app back on and confirm. the su app is gone, thats why ss is disabled.

RAKATIKA

Jul 29, 2014
you put a sim in from the carrier the bionic was made for or is compatible with and it didnt work?
do you have the old sim you used to use in the bionic?
i get a new sim every time i get a new phone and keep the burned one, as it will still activate the phone even though it doesnt work otherwise.
im pretty sure there is a trick that will get you past that screen. it involves tapping the 4 corners of the screen counter clockwise. i dont recall where to start, try searching for more info on it.

as for the root, yea, i remember rooting my bionic last time, and it sucked a lot lol. anyways, it "should" still be rooted, just put a superuser app back on and confirm. the su app is gone, thats why ss is disabled.

Yeah the original sim is in the bionic. I haven't had a phone plan in my bionic for years and just used it off wifi to get great apps when I have wifi. I've tried new sims and old.