[32A/32B] Hero Rom v2 [Android 2.1] Modded By ME [Not Expresso] [BETA] [17th JAN]

Search This thread

ahmgsk

Jun 7, 2009
Thane
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
OnePlus 8 Pro
bugs found so far:

- when setting up facebook-login, the Email field is stared *.
- Calendar app -calendar settings -> FC
- HTC clock/weather widget: not showing weather
- settings - Search -> FC
- settings - Connect to PC -> FC

thank you
will see to it that these things work perfectly next time

Working On T-Mobile Pulse OS
in this
sync n everything is working perfect
but wifi n bluetooth r not working
Leds Working Fine

camera not working
a little laggy
bigest problem is end button mapping n restart after call

will upload it later

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2009
uk
Just flashed, and it flashes fine with my (non-engineering) SPL:
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-OFF H : CPLD-12

I didn't make swap or ext partitions on my SD card.

It works a lot better than I expected; super responsive and no reboots at all so far.

Exchange sync seems to work ok, well, it doesn't FC. Not sure if there are any longer term issues (like trashing data, battery, or both!)

I don't get any video on YouTube. It connects ok, I can search vids and play them. I hear the audio. Just no video.

HTC News FC's

Browsing, Gmail, mail work well

Calender works ok so far, but wierdly the title is "view network state"

Sorry if this is all reposts. I had a quick search but no time to look at every message, and I figure the feedback is more useful...

ahmgsk

Jun 7, 2009
Thane
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just flashed, and it flashes fine with my (non-engineering) SPL:
HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-OFF H : CPLD-12

I didn't make swap or ext partitions on my SD card.

It works a lot better than I expected; super responsive and no reboots at all so far.

Exchange sync seems to work ok, well, it doesn't FC. Not sure if there are any longer term issues (like trashing data, battery, or both!)

I don't get any video on YouTube. It connects ok, I can search vids and play them. I hear the audio. Just no video.

HTC News FC's

Browsing, Gmail, mail work well

Calender works ok so far, but wierdly the title is "view network state"

Sorry if this is all reposts. I had a quick search but no time to look at every message, and I figure the feedback is more useful...

thank you for ur feed back

with in couple of hour new rom with gps - g-sensor , orientation everythin except camera n bluetooth >> will be posted

mostly all the problems fixed in that

paulpenny

Mar 20, 2007
Sorry to be so slow. I tried the single file update but still get the error when trying to flash.

I am guessing it must be to do with the spl version and radio I'm using.

I think I will leave it until the whole thing is a bit more functional, but keep up the good work.

Jun 3, 2009
uk
If you can't flash it now, no amoutn of rom-polishing is going to improve that for you.

Post your SPL and radio version, and we can help (with the usual disclaimers ;-)

Edit:

Oh, and ahmgsk - GET WELL SOON :)

Last edited:

lizaSB

Oct 14, 2009
Vancouver
Version 26 is working pretty speedily, however, I am getting lots of force closes.

Messaging, after trying to receive a test sms messaging no longer opens
Cannot enable background data in settings, account manager force closes (instead use power button to enable/disable)
People > Menu > View > Force Close

That's all I really have time to test, things are coming along nicely though! I can't get contacts to sync though.

Krzysiec

Aug 22, 2008
Rzeszów
Version 26 is working pretty speedily, however, I am getting lots of force closes.

Messaging, after trying to receive a test sms messaging no longer opens
Cannot enable background data in settings, account manager force closes (instead use power button to enable/disable)
People > Menu > View > Force Close

That's all I really have time to test, things are coming along nicely though! I can't get contacts to sync though.

same here ... looks promising but still lot of force closses on almost every step when launching apps ... Can`t wait for final HTC HERO 2.1 release and great developers to port it for us :D KEEP UP GREAT WORK !!! But for now ... GET BACK to Health ;) Take a rest and just take care of yourself :) Cheers !

Last edited:

keith.macdonald

Nov 15, 2009
When I didn't partition the sd card, leaving it just as one big FAT 32 partition, the Market app said it had no storage space to install apps. When I partitioned it as FAT 32/ext 4/swap (and did a clean install), the phone crashes at first boot during the initial DROID splash screen (I did a clean install twice, just in case there was a problem with the first install).

Otherwise, it's really great. The soft keyboard is really fast, everything overall seems faster (though the apps menu is a tad laggy). Looking forward to seeing everything get cleaned-up.

(32A Magic BTW)

(Oh, and hope you're feeling better. ;) )

EDIT: Looks like it was crashing at startup because the Linux filesystem was formatted as ext4. So, this ROM supports ext3 at the most...

EDIT 2: It seems a little unusual to me to have the DROID splash screen on an HTC phone, but whatever. ;)

Last edited: