NewBie Questions

Search This thread

coliphage

Mar 31, 2009
All,

I am new to this forum and I am a noob to smartphone.
I have been reading this forum for the past a few hours. I found some answers but still have a few basic questions

I may using a Touch Diamond (Sprint CDMA) version.
1. Do I have to flash the phone to be able to use cool themes, customzie touch-flo and display?
2. Will I still have all the functions (text messeging, data plan connection, etc)? I know this sounds stupid but I couldn't send/receive messege with my iphone after unlocking.:(
4. What is manilla? A software to customzie the phone?

Thanks,

gdayhtc

Jul 24, 2008
Sydney
welcome dude,
I am new to this forum as well. One advise, back up or sync with your ooutlook or whatever you are using and then EXPERIENCE EVRYTHING URSELF BY READING AND APPLYING, AND IN THE WORST CASE IF THINGS GO WRONG JUST HARD RESET YOPU PHONE.

Thats how I learnt to tweak and modify my diamond with trials and errors.

YOU CAN DO IT , IT JUST TAKES TIME

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
All,

I am new to this forum and I am a noob to smartphone.
I have been reading this forum for the past a few hours. I found some answers but still have a few basic questions

1. Do I have to flash the phone to be able to use cool themes, customzie touch-flo and display?
2. Will I still have all the functions (text messeging, data plan connection, etc)? I know this sounds stupid but I couldn't send/receive messege with my iphone after unlocking.:(
4. What is manilla? A software to customzie the phone?

Thanks,

Please be aware that most of the threads here are for GSM devices. Read carefully before flashing anything as one small error and say bye bye to your phone. The first thing is to flash your phone with a Hard SPL (protects device from being bricked). Please Look Here ....

R3PUBL1K

Jun 7, 2007
ɒzəl.twɪzəl
Band27 is right

PPCGEEKS is better for you for CDMA ROMs and HardSPL.

If you just want themes and customisation, then not really, but to get all the benefit from pimping your device it is recommend to install HardSPL and flash a custom ROM[/quote]

I would state yes to this.

the was no 3?

4. What is manilla? A software to customize the phone?
Manilla is just a User interface (UI) like PointUI and SPB mobile shell (to name a few) and can be turned of to reveal the standard WM interface.

Hope this helps

coliphage

Mar 31, 2009
wow, thanks so much guys
I will do much research and decide if I want to flash my phone or not

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
wow, thanks so much guys
I will do much research and decide if I want to flash my phone or not

If you do enough reading, I have no doubt you will flash your phone. The ability to change Rom's and Radio's to improve both performance, battery life, customization above and beyond your typical theme park frills......:)

Most members here are addicted flashers. No...not that kind!! Wow, some of us just go right to the gutter with phrases like that one...lol