How can I flash the stock recovery back ? Without a PC

Search This thread

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Since the 4.2.2 update is coming out Im reverting back to stock without erasing my apps and settings , is it possible to get the stock recovery back without using a PC ? I have a Mac and I don't really wanna read new tutorials just to be able to flash the recovery , maybe its possible to flash the recovery from clockworkmod recovery ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Interesting. You rooted your phone, which means you already have used fastboot to unlock the bootloader, yet you don't want to bother looking up the fastboot command you need to flash the stock recovery back?

You Sir win the prize for laziest poster of the day.

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Interesting. You rooted your phone, which means you already have used fastboot to unlock the bootloader, yet you don't want to bother looking up the fastboot command you need to flash the stock recovery back?

Haha :( no I used the rootkit , it was just a couple of clicks and it was on a friends laptop I don't have to a windows PC here in my apartment , can I use fast boot from a Mac ?

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Haha :( no I used the rootkit , it was just a couple of clicks and it was on a friends laptop I don't have to a windows PC here in my apartment , can I use fast boot from a Mac ?

Yes, you can. The command to flash recovery with a mac is:
Code:
./fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery.img

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009

My Mac didn't recognize the phone :( so im trying to install it from the actual nexus 4 with terminal emulator but i get this error :( ( I downloaded the recovery form your link and put it on the root of the sdcard

e3u3u9a6.jpg

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
My Mac didn't recognize the phone :( so im trying to install it from the actual nexus 4 with terminal emulator but i get this error :( ( I download the recovery form your link and put it on the root of the sdcard

e3u3u9a6.jpg

Try data/media/0/recovery.img

There's a way to flash recovery via terminal I did it on my old phone. You just copy the image to Dev/block/mmblk whatever recovery is. I'll look up the commands later.
Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1

N

netw0rx

AW: How can I flash the stock recovery back ? Without a PC

An apple User ;)

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Try data/media/0/recovery.img

There's a way to flash recovery via terminal I did it on my old phone. You just copy the image to Dev/block/mmblk whatever recovery is. I'll look up the commands later.
Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1

Still the same message "not found" also you say "copy the image to Dev/block/mmbl" but when i try to go to that folder theres no "mmbl" folder the last folder in "block" theres a lot of files called mmbl : mmcblk0p12, 13, 14 etc

Top Liked Posts