[ota] 2.10.605.1 - new link

Search This thread

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
No new Hboot in this build so it should still work.

Actually that's not true.
We had 1.54.0000 in all previous versions.
This one is now 1.55.0000.
Until someone who is not yet S-Off takes the OTA and then tries to run rumrunner, we won't know if it works as is.
I tend to doubt it will and will likely be patched fairly easily for the new version by Beaups, once someone who is s-on works with him to get that done on the new hboot.
But I would not just assume that Rumrunner will work on the new hboot as is, since it has been made for specific hboots already, even ones that had the same hboot version, but came from different OTA's.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Until someone who is not yet S-Off takes the OTA and then tries to run rumrunner, we won't know if it works as is.
I tend to doubt it will and will likely be patched fairly easily for the new version by Beaups, once someone who is s-on works with him to get that done on the new hboot.
But I would not just assume that Rumrunner will work on the new hboot as is, since it has been made for specific hboots already, even ones that had the same hboot version, but came from different OTA's.

do you have a link to the new hboot? im willing to try it and or patch it if it doesnt work. i just havent seen anyone talk about hboot 1.55

extracting it from firmware zip.

Last edited:

Somites

Dec 18, 2013

I recently got the HTC One via Verizon and have had the OTA update to 4.3 without s-off. I attempted to use the universal rumrunner which failed pretty much immediately after going through the disclaimer and beginning the process. I'm not sure if it's because I did it wrong or if it's actually due to rumrunner not working with the the new OTA, but I'm fairly sure that I have everything set up correctly and had followed the directions very closely. I didn't think it was going to work, but I thought I'd try anyway. Thought I'd share my experience with you guys.

Reactions: andybones

BreakingVZW

Jul 7, 2012
Carmel
I recently got the HTC One via Verizon and have had the OTA update to 4.3 without s-off. I attempted to use the universal rumrunner which failed pretty much immediately after going through the disclaimer and beginning the process. I'm not sure if it's because I did it wrong or if it's actually due to rumrunner not working with the the new OTA, but I'm fairly sure that I have everything set up correctly and had followed the directions very closely. I didn't think it was going to work, but I thought I'd try anyway. Thought I'd share my experience with you guys.

No it isn't bc you ran it wrong. beaups hasn't posted a rumrunner update yet. If you aren't using rumrunner for the exact version of your current ROM it fails every time. I'm sure he'll update rumrunner when he has time but he's a busy dude like all of our devs are.

Somites

Dec 18, 2013
No it isn't bc you ran it wrong. beaups hasn't posted a rumrunner update yet. If you aren't using rumrunner for the exact version of your current ROM it fails every time. I'm sure he'll update rumrunner when he has time but he's a busy dude like all of our devs are.

Yes, that's what I was confirming with you guys. santod040 had suggested that it likely would not work due to the new Hboot version. I attempted to run both the universal rumrunner and the most recent one for the 1.10.605.2 ROM version, neither of which worked. I just posted here to confirm that his suspicions were true and that we will need to wait for if/when beaups has time to create a new version of rumrunner. I imagine that most of the devs and experienced users here already knew that this would happen but I just wanted to post actual experimental evidence of this being the case.

BreakingVZW

Jul 7, 2012
Carmel
Lol I find it funny that as soon as I get a LG G2 Verizon is finally like "Oh... he doesn't have his One as his primary device anymore? Release the Kraken! (Kraken being the 4.3 update. For some reason.) Jerks. Still have my One but don't use it much anymore.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Yes, that's what I was confirming with you guys. santod040 had suggested that it likely would not work due to the new Hboot version. I attempted to run both the universal rumrunner and the most recent one for the 1.10.605.2 ROM version, neither of which worked. I just posted here to confirm that his suspicions were true and that we will need to wait for if/when beaups has time to create a new version of rumrunner. I imagine that most of the devs and experienced users here already knew that this would happen but I just wanted to post actual experimental evidence of this being the case.

Oh I know. I wasn't trying to talk down to you or anything. Just stating what I know from my own past experiences when I was stupid and attempted rumrunner on the wrong version and then felt stupid when I realized what I did wrong. beaups is a beast. He'll get you guys a new version soon.

keet

Jan 16, 2007
I made the mistake of updating to 4.3 O.T.A., and of course I need not wonder why Rumrunner isn't working for me. I do hope that they patch this soon. I tried different versions in 64- and 32-bit Linux, and 64-bit Windows, all with no success.

This isn't my first time modifying a P.D.A./Smartphone, either; I used to use Football's X51v ROMS, and then I rooted my Nexus One and Galaxy Nexus and put custom R.O.M.s on those, too. I just never noticed an official update taking away the ability to unlock/root a P.D.A., but then, I probably modified then sooner after getting them.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I made the mistake of updating to 4.3 O.T.A., and of course I need not wonder why Rumrunner isn't working for me. I do hope that they patch this soon. I tried different versions in 64- and 32-bit Linux, and 64-bit Windows, all with no success.

This isn't my first time modifying a P.D.A./Smartphone, either; I used to use Football's X51v ROMS, and then I rooted my Nexus One and Galaxy Nexus and put custom R.O.M.s on those, too. I just never noticed an official update taking away the ability to unlock/root a P.D.A., but then, I probably modified then sooner after getting them.

Nexus devices don't have locked bootloaders that require hacks to crack.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
My htc one came with the box saying software 1.6 but I tapped away in the settings to find out the previous owner updated it to 2.10.605.1 with hboot 1.55. If anyone needs any files from it let me know. This phone was never rooted before either. Currently it's sitting in the corner.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012

I came from a Galaxy S4 and I can tell you from experience never EVER take an OTA (unless it's a Nexus device I guess) because you can never be sure what they are doing. Only the first firmware on the S4 had an exploit, and anyone unlucky enough to get the next firmwares found their bootloader unable to be cracked. This is still true for them. It's been about 6 months and no one has cracked the new versions to allow an unlocked bootloader. I spent 3 months with the S4 only being able to root (hoping for an exploit) and it was miserable. I'm so much happier on the One.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
I came from a Galaxy S4 and I can tell you from experience never EVER take an OTA (unless it's a Nexus device I guess) because you can never be sure what they are doing. Only the first firmware on the S4 had an exploit, and anyone unlucky enough to get the next firmwares found their bootloader unable to be cracked. This is still true for them. It's been about 6 months and no one has cracked the new versions to allow an unlocked bootloader. I spent 3 months with the S4 only being able to root (hoping for an exploit) and it was miserable. I'm so much happier on the One.

Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I always ask what firmware the Phone has before I buy. I just wasn't expecting the guy to update it for me. I guess most people aren't interested in rooting/unlocking. That's why all my friends that have android complain that their devices get slow.

Out of all the android phones I had, rooted with a custom Rom or kernel and they never got slow.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the link to the newest OTA 2.10.605.1

http://goo.gl/Qx4bVi

Had to change the link cuz those WANGS at dropbox said too much traffic.

MD5: BD94910A324B24D8690D689A0E0760F8
    SHA-1: 4141C52B95E20E9CD394D89097D1F679A17F7D06
    SHA3-256: 1A18E45BD7AC35145CE08F1769F8682CC6986E5913816207AC11B75ED1F632BD
    Has rumrunner or anything been patched in this update?

don't think so. Those that have successfully updated report still being s-offed/ unlocked.