Poetic Slimline

Search This thread

DasGav

Feb 15, 2011
Sydney
I just received my Poetic Slimline case.

This case is, as its name suggests, Slim and lightweight it fits perfectly and offers decent corner protection without impeding access to ports and the S-pen.
I find the angles great when in movie or typing mode. I can confidently type on the screen when in movie mode The Note Pro doesn't feel like its going to fall over at all.
There appears to be 2 magnets that hold the cover closed they seem strong enough. It also appears to have a "Smart cover" effect by turning the screen on when you open it... Very good quality and very reasonably priced! I recommend it!!

Attachments

• IMG_20140408_162022.jpg
    IMG_20140408_162022.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 660
  • IMG_20140408_162049.jpg
    IMG_20140408_162049.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_20140408_162148.jpg
    IMG_20140408_162148.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:

souless poet

Nov 9, 2009
I just received my Poetic Slimline case.

This case is, as its name suggests, Slim and lightweight it fits perfectly and offers decent corner protection without impeding access to ports and the S-pen.
I find the angles great when in movie or typing mode. I can confidently type on the screen when in movie mode The Note Pro doesn't feel like its going to fall over at all.
There appears to be 2 magnets that hold the cover closed they seem strong enough. It also appears to have a "Smart cover" effect by turning the screen on when you open it... Very good quality and very reasonably priced! I recommend it!!

I have this as well. Owned it for the note 10.1 2014 edition also. You can use it laying down without having to flip it upside down as well.

Sent from my SM-P900 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Nice. Where is the link to purchase?

Got mine through amazon but I've now seen them on ebay

donkon

Nov 13, 2010
How are the magnets on it. After reading a bunch of reviews I noticed the major problem being the magnets are weak or get weaker as time goes on

Posted on a LG-G2 D802

DasGav

Feb 15, 2011
Sydney
The magnets seem strong enough, although I haven't had it very long.

I purchased mine on ebay. I haven't posted enough times to be allowed to post external links

souless poet

Nov 9, 2009
I have this as well. Owned it for the note 10.1 2014 edition also. You can use it laying down without having to flip it upside down as well.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 AM ----------

Got mine through amazon but I've now seen them on ebay

I had mine for the 10.1 2014 edition a while and no issues...no issues w this one either.

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
I bought this case, directly from the manufacturer. It seems quite good so far.

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Is it better than the official samsung case for the PRO 12.2? I mean in terms of light weight and protection against drop. Any disadvantages of having the home button and the other two buttons placed on the top as shown in the photo?

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Is it better than the official samsung case for the PRO 12.2? I mean in terms of light weight and protection against drop. Any disadvantages of having the home button and the other two buttons placed on the top as shown in the photo?

In typing mode the home and sofkeys would have to be at the top. A bit of a pain, but that's the design, presumably because of the way the top must close to employ auto off for the screen.

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
In typing mode the home and sofkeys would have to be at the top. A bit of a pain, but that's the design, presumably because of the way the top must close to employ auto off for the screen.

Thought it was a pain at first too but then I realized that it has the side benefit of keeping the capacitive buttons away from where you'd rest your thumbs/palms when typing in landscape mode.

DasGav

Feb 15, 2011
Sydney

Having looked at the official Samsung case I found this one much sturdier looking when in video mode and stable in typing mode. As for the button on top I haven't had a problem and they are kept away from your hand when typing.

nsiti

Mar 28, 2011
Because I like having the home/back buttons at the bottom, I've tried and been consistently able to just flip the upper flap edge up from under the tablet allowing for an angled view, and it doesn't slip. This is a very good case.