LG E980 PhilZ Touch Recovery BootLoop Fix (HOW TO GET DEVICE BACK TO USABLE STATE)

Search This thread

chappatti

Sep 3, 2007
I was installing the OTA ATT update. When the phone restarted it booted into twrp been stuck there since. I can get into download mode but thats about it.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

That is exactly what I did. Only boots into twrp.

That pesky update !!! You can retain data and get out of the loop. Try this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49370751#post49370751 post #70

If you have to flash back stock LG flash tools may be just a little tricky.....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2764076

kenturky

bootloop brick

hi all, I got a LG e980, had the 10p update, rooted it with vroot, used freegee to unlock the bootloader and install twrp recovery, then i had put some files in the internal storage for flashing....

then i realized my sd card wasnt reading....

tried various methods to see why the sd card was not detected, then i thought it was a problem with the recovery.... so i flashed philz recovery instead, and did a factory reset, install beanstalk, install gapps, and then rebooted to system, and instead, it rebooted back into the recovery...

took out the battery, inserted it again, powered up the phone, and again it rebooted into recovery....

Now, if i download these files, how am i to use them in the recovery? when i click "Install zip from /sdcard1, i get an error that there is no valid folder or file, and sometimes, it just hangs on recovery.... it used to hang on twrp recovery too....

so literally, the phone is bricked as I cant put anything in the internal storage, the recovery wont read the sd card, and i cant reboot into download mode as i get some facory hard reset... then it says to press power key to confirm, go to press it, i get a secure booting error.... so, dafaq is wrong with my phone?

electrojas

Dec 6, 2013
North Dakota
hi all, I got a LG e980, had the 10p update, rooted it with vroot, used freegee to unlock the bootloader and install twrp recovery, then i had put some files in the internal storage for flashing....

tried various methods to see why the sd card was not detected, then i thought it was a problem with the recovery.... so i flashed philz recovery instead, and did a factory reset, install beanstalk, install gapps, and then rebooted to system, and instead, it rebooted back into the recovery...

took out the battery, inserted it again, powered up the phone, and again it rebooted into recovery....

Now, if i download these files, how am i to use them in the recovery? when i click "Install zip from /sdcard1, i get an error that there is no valid folder or file, and sometimes, it just hangs on recovery.... it used to hang on twrp recovery too....

so literally, the phone is bricked as I cant put anything in the internal storage, the recovery wont read the sd card, and i cant reboot into download mode as i get some facory hard reset... then it says to press power key to confirm, go to press it, i get a secure booting error.... so, dafaq is wrong with my phone?

So I recommend that You download madmacks TWRP v.2800 lokified. that has sd card fix. Place on internal sd with a pc. Let it bootloop into recovery and flash it. Should solve prob. Also I think there's a file browser in Philz not? I'm not sure but you may be able to either mount ext sd from philz or browse files from Philz and copy/paste to internal. Flash TWRP. Reboot and you should be straight. Good luck

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

KennyWRX

Mar 27, 2011
Info1: be sure that you didnt cause this boot loop by applying the OTA update from LG software update. If u did, the only way is to flash back with kdz!

I knew that applying the OTA on a rooted/non-stock device is a no no, BUT, does the same apply if you do the OTA update before rooting, installing recovery, and flashing rom, etc? Thanks

fosunite

Dec 26, 2010
LG G5
Sony Xperia XZs
I knew that applying the OTA on a rooted/non-stock device is a no no, BUT, does the same apply if you do the OTA update before rooting, installing recovery, and flashing rom, etc? Thanks

As long as you dont root, u can do the ota update. But if u root and then do the ota update, u brick your device and then u have to flash kdz.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

rahib172

Jun 8, 2013
What you guys might need is a command which should put your phone on usable state.

In this case of a bootloop into recovery you just need 6 steps.

1. Download the aroma file manager. It has a build in terminal console. Get this one here:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231581&d=1378202418

2. Place the zip file on anywhere you like. On external sd it s easier to find. Let s put it on the root of external sd.

3. In the recovery please flash that zip file from step 1

4. After aromafm has started, press menu->open console .

5. A console appeared. Type this command all at once:
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088

6. Confirm this command by pressing enter. You see something displayed about copied with 1,1 kb or something. That was its process. To reboot your phone type in the console:
Code:
reboot

And confirm this by pressing enter again.

Info1: be sure that you didnt cause this boot loop by applying the OTA update from LG software update. If u did, the only way is to flash back with kdz!

Info2: Also if you flashed something what has caused an error loki ifying it and then bootloop, dont panic, use the command and flash something else working.
This command is handy, so write it down on paper or memorize it:.

Info3: If you enter the recovery by using POWER+volume up , ofc u need to enter the mentioned command in step 5 afterwards:::. Else you ll get a bootloop to recovery again.

Info4: If you are using philz touch recovery and have the aromafm zip file: Rename this file to "aromafm.zip" and place this into your external SD card into the clockworkmod/aromafm/aromafm.zip This way you can doubletap your recovery screen in philz touch and start your aromafm in a faster way.

Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app

thank you so much, you saved my time :D

jmag16

Mar 7, 2013
manila

+1 how to fix? cant even use adb sideload dunno if its just my pc. my pc cant detet my phone:(:(:(

t3chwizard

Jul 20, 2013
Asus Transformer TF300T
LG Optimus G Pro

ted presley

Jun 12, 2007
Ho Chi Minh city
Reactions: t3chwizard

yan74s

Aug 6, 2008
What you guys might need is a command which should put your phone on usable state.

1. Download the aroma file manager. It has a build in terminal console. Get this one here:

2. Place the zip file on anywhere you like. On external sd it s easier to find. Let s put it on the root of external sd.

Code:

6. Confirm this command by pressing enter. You see something displayed about copied with 1,1 kb or something. That was its process. To reboot your phone type in the console:
Code:
reboot

Info2: Also if you flashed something what has caused an error loki ifying it and then bootloop, dont panic, use the command and flash something else working.

Info3: If you enter the recovery by using POWER+volume up , ofc u need to enter the mentioned command in step 5 afterwards:::. Else you ll get a bootloop to recovery again.

Info4: If you are using philz touch recovery and have the aromafm zip file: Rename this file to "aromafm.zip" and place this into your external SD card into the clockworkmod/aromafm/aromafm.zip This way you can doubletap your recovery screen in philz touch and start your aromafm in a faster way.

THANKS MAN !
You saved my phone !!

Reactions: t3chwizard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download the zip from this link http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70581848454313738691 . After that mount USB in PhilZ and copy over the zip file to your phone. Then flash the zip file and your boot loop should be fixed. The fix is originally by @fosunite and was posted on the PhilZ page.
    +1 how to fix? cant even use adb sideload dunno if its just my pc. my pc cant detet my phone:(:(:(

Download the zip from this link http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70581848454313738691 . After that mount USB in PhilZ and copy over the zip file to your phone. Then flash the zip file and your boot loop should be fixed. The fix is originally by @fosunite and was posted on the PhilZ page.
    Why is the file size so big?

I put several ROMs in it that I modified to work with the old recovery which I also modded...all is in the zip make sure to read the readme
    I did fix that issue without his files.

so I reboot to system and i get the "secure booting error. Cause: Device Unlock, so Boot Successful" then it boots right back into TWRP.

Please help.

Code:

Code:
    reboot

or you could just keep a twrp recovery zip on your sdcard and flash it like i did when philz recover kept booting into recovery.

That's basically what the tutorial says but it also has modified CM11 zips that will be flashable in twrp 2.6.1.0