Total Launcher Beta

Search This thread

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Hi, any Tipps and Tricks? I have Problems wit a Dockbar, can you help me?

I wont a Dockbar with 7 Apps. And how can I set the same Size for every App on Homescreen?

Thanks for an Answer

Last edited:

berniesteven

Apr 20, 2010
Tamworth
Hi, any Tipps and Tricks? I have Problems wit a Dockbar, can you help me?

I wont a Dockbar with 7 Apps. And how can I set the same Size fpr every App on Homescreen?

Thanks for an Answer
The best thing is to just play with it. To make a dock bar, add the "app group", edit it to 1 row and 7 columns. Add the apps you want, adjust icon size, move it wherever you want, and then pin it to all your pages.

SM-G870A Peace

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
The best thing is to just play with it. To make a dock bar, add the "app group", edit it to 1 row and 7 columns. Add the apps you want, adjust icon size, move it wherever you want, and then pin it to all your pages.

SM-G870A Peace

Great, thank you for Answer.
I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.

ibike2much

Aug 11, 2010
Nice find. Pretty good. Coming from my heavily customized Nova Launcher this is light, refreshing and efficient.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: berniesteven

geek21c

Jan 19, 2012
Thank you for this thread.

Hi folks;
I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.launcher2

SM-G870A Peace

Hi,
I'm the developer of the launcher.
Thanks a lot for this thread open.
I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I have only problems with Widgets, cant add to app group. I have for Notifications an App with Name Notifiyer, she build an Widget for every App I wont and show me a counter.

Widget cannot be added into app group.

geek21c

Jan 19, 2012
The reason it is not possible

Too bad, you can not edit it?

Please let me tell why it is not possible.
The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
The vertically scrolling view like app group or app drawer is reuse the child view (for item) while scrolling to increase the scrolling performance (smoothness). That is, the child view scrolled off will be reused for appearing item because it is exactly same for all items. Now let's think the situation that a different widget are in there. The widget is absolutely different view from the others so it must be recreated whenever it appears as scrolling. This will cause lags.

Lightning Launcher Extrem has an Option for sliding Folders with horizontal or vertikal scrolling and it works great. It´s also for Apps, Shortcuts and Widgets.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.pierrox.lltemplate.sliding_folders

And the other big problem, notifications don´t work. Gmail, Outlook, Telegram and so on. Only the Messenger works.

Galaxy S5 (G900F) KK 4.4 Stock

Last edited:

berniesteven

Apr 20, 2010
Tamworth
Lightning Launcher Extrem has an Option for sliding Folders with horizontal or vertikal scrolling and it works great. It´s also for Apps, Shortcuts and Widgets.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.pierrox.lltemplate.sliding_folders

And the other big problem, notifications don´t work. Gmail, Outlook, Telegram and so on. Only the Messenger works.

Galaxy S5 (G900F) KK 4.4 Stock
Please remember that this is a beta. There is a lot of work yet to be done. Also, email notifications works.

SM-G870A Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: HorstiG

geek21c

Jan 19, 2012
Maybe, it is not a list view, which reuses child views, but a vertical scroll view, which creates all child views in memory.

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Dunno. What is Missed It?

SM-G870A Peace

That's Missed It! and I try to deal with it.
Total Launcher supports it, but I do not know how

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.igecelabs.android.MissedIt

3d756e0a3c019bf52bb15b8cedd3fcc5.jpg

Last edited:

HorstiG

Mar 14, 2013
Banja Luka RS
Hmm, I can't help you here. Maybe the dev can. I'm not going to buy it.

SM-G870A Peace

I've googled already 2 hours but found nothing.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

How do you get Missed It to work with the launcher?

I use that, works great with any App.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.cornwall_solutions.notifyer_plus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks;
    I stumbled upon this launcher last week. Used it all weekend and really like it. Extremely light and fast and unbelievably customizable.
    Released by ChYK, the author of sslauncher. It's still in beta, so there are some bugs. I think you will like it.

SM-G870A Peace
    Thank you for this thread.

Hi folks;

SM-G870A Peace

Hi,
    I'm the developer of the launcher.
    Thanks a lot for this thread open.
    I hope this will be helpful to many users of Total Launcher!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Widget cannot be added into app group.
    The launcher is really great and u can do almost everything but it lacks the possibility to close pop-up windows through gestures instead of using the back button. That would be a cool add to the program :)

You can do it. Try to find "close the topmost window/folder" in launcher actions.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

But for some app i can' t. For example the apps in the screenshots. Perhaps you could use the same method of selecting apps as in the folders or app groups. So we could select which apps should get a notification.

I'm currently considering to add an option to filter the notification count.
    The reason it is not possible

Too bad, you can not edit it?

Love the customizability of Total Launcher, but don't understand its security measures.

As far as I can tell, however, you can't firmly stay in Total Launcher - often you have to 're-choose' it.
    And if it's that easy to get out of it (really, it's hard to just STAY IN IT consistently), what's the point of password protected and hidden apps and so forth? Anyone who wanted to get to those apps would just do it outside of Total Launcher.

Is this wrong? Can one establish TL more firmly as the GUI for the phone?