[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][RC2] SlimKAT [4.4+][TF700T] v9.0 FINAL | Updated 2015-01-23

Search This thread

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Build v9.0 FINAL is released !

Good afternoon,

I've just finished to cleanup and update opening post ;) New build is already available from AFH ! Features are almost the same as previous one on my porting side (so dock battery display status is still in the TODO list...) BUT this time toolchains used to build both ROM + kernel are latest SaberMod ones (GCC 4.8.5)...

Why no UBERUTILS TCs this time ?
-> @Cl3Kener (UBERUTILS TCs DEV) is inviting users to build ROMs and kernels with official SM TCs instead of his ones (on his GitHub page) because UBERUTILS TCs are optimized for specific usage BUT...
-> ... it remains that UBERUTILS TCs are already very performing and stable ! If you have already flashed one of my ROM installers and are happy with it, then go hit his 'THANKS' button... (and @lj50036's one too BTW !)

What to expect with official SM TCs over UBERUTILS ones ?
-> i am currently testing out a private CM-11.0 build for hammerhead compiled with it : almost no performance difference BUT ROM is more battery friendly i think, in particular when ODEXED...
-> ... of course my testing device is far from being a Transformer tablet, so : you will let me know how it goes with it ! :fingers-crossed:

All the best

Reactions: Malave

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold
Good afternoon,

I've just finished to cleanup and update opening post ;) New build is already available from AFH ! Features are almost the same as previous one on my porting side (so dock battery display status is still in the TODO list...) BUT this time toolchains used to build both ROM + kernel are latest SaberMod ones (GCC 4.8.5)...

Why no UBERUTILS TCs this time ?
-> @Cl3Kener (UBERUTILS TCs DEV) is inviting users to build ROMs and kernels with official SM TCs instead of his ones (on his GitHub page) because UBERUTILS TCs are optimized for specific usage BUT...
-> ... it remains that UBERUTILS TCs are already very performing and stable ! If you have already flashed one of my ROM installers and are happy with it, then go hit his 'THANKS' button... (and @lj50036's one too BTW !)

What to expect with official SM TCs over UBERUTILS ones ?
-> i am currently testing out a private CM-11.0 build for hammerhead compiled with it : almost no performance difference BUT ROM is more battery friendly i think, in particular when ODEXED...
-> ... of course my testing device is far from being a Transformer tablet, so : you will let me know how it goes with it ! :fingers-crossed:

All the best
Are you looking into producing a SlimLP version?

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
About known bugs...

Good evening,

Here is a chronological summary of confirmed bugs that have been reported to me since the first release of my TF700T SlimKAT port and for which i have not found a fix so far :

• some dock keyboard keys do not work (BACK, HOME, ...)
  • dock battery status display does not work
... please tell me if such bugs are still affecting latest release (just to be sure...) and please report back any other one in order to add it to this list once it will be confirmed. I will try to fix them as soon as i can, with SlimLP in sight... (but i have not decided anything about it yet...)

Be well !

NB : no need to answer about dock battery status display... it is not working sadly...

Last edited:

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Can i connect 3G modem through OTG adapter with this ROM&Kernel??? :cyclops:

My answer is not No ! And not Yes ! either...

The kernel used in v9.0 of all my SlimKAT ports comes from CyanogenMod...

Now, i would say that if your 3G modem is working with CM-11.0, then it should be the same for my TF700T SlimKAT port...

Please report back if it is not the case,

Thank you

Tapatalked from my D821

Reactions: tyfoxx

tyfoxx

Mar 4, 2006
Toronto
My answer is not No ! And not Yes ! either...

The kernel used in v9.0 of all my SlimKAT ports comes from CyanogenMod...

Now, i would say that if your 3G modem is working with CM-11.0, then it should be the same for my TF700T SlimKAT port...

Please report back if it is not the case,

Thank you

Tapatalked from my D821

Gonna give this a go... Today

Thanks tho...
Tyfoxx

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi,

I just installed 9.0. While first boot it was flickering. After boot it was even worse, but only in idle. When it was under load, or I touched the screen it stopped.
I installed it again after a wipe, same thing.
I installed Grimlock 4.0. The flickering was gone, but after 2 minutes the tablet froze.

Otherwise it was nice and smooth before freezing :)

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Hi,

I just installed 9.0. While first boot it was flickering. After boot it was even worse, but only in idle. When it was under load, or I touched the screen it stopped.
I installed it again after a wipe, same thing.
I installed Grimlock 4.0. The flickering was gone, but after 2 minutes the tablet froze.

Otherwise it was nice and smooth before freezing :)

Please report back to @hardslog, thank you !

I have the same problem.. Any fix?

It seems that the 'TF700T screen flickering' bug is back ! It only occurs on some devices when kernel is built with GCC 4.8..., like it is the case for embedded kernel of v9.0 !

If your device is suffering of it, please flash a custom kernel like @_that or @hardslog one, thank you !

Anyway, i will offer a kernel update for TF700T very soon which will be built with GCC 4.7, sorry for the inconvenience... :confused:

Regards

PS : Try to install your custom kernel without booting with embedded one if your device is affected by this bug (clean ROM flash + custom kernel flash after having rebooted to recovery...)

Last edited:

darkreaper476

Jun 24, 2010
Awesome. I saw that people flashed a different kernal to fix the screen flickering. But some had instable ROMs afterword. I did not! With this ROM my tab is finally usable again. Thank you!

Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Embedded kernel replacement will be released soon... (flickering bug)

Good evening,

I will soon offer a kernel replacement for embedded one (starting by a standalone ZIP, then i will repack v9.0 installer with it once it will be reported as fixing the flickering bug), in order to have a fully working ROM package to flash. :good:

Stay tuned !

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold
Good evening,

I will soon offer a kernel replacement for embedded one (starting by a standalone ZIP, then i will repack v9.0 installer with it once it will be reported as fixing the flickering bug), in order to have a fully working ROM package to flash. :good:

Stay tuned !

I'm running out with grimlock kernel as I have data formatted to f2fs, will your new kernel support f2fs?

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
I'm running out with grimlock kernel as I have data formatted to f2fs, will your new kernel support f2fs?

No, i don't think so because it will be only a standard CM kernel compiled with Linaro 4.7 !

Nevertheless, i do know how to add such a feature (F2FS for /data... thanks @lj50036), so maybe it will but that is not sure.

Have a nice day.

Tapatalked from my D821

Reactions: fatboyinlycra

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
No, i don't think so because it will be only a standard CM kernel compiled with Linaro 4.7 !

Nevertheless, i do know how to add such a feature (F2FS for /data... thanks @lj50036), so maybe it will but that is not sure.

Have a nice day.

Tapatalked from my D821

Hey I can add those features to a CM kernel as long as its on github ....

There is also a very easy way of detecting f2fs on /data on boot ...

Let me know ... Thx Josh

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
Hey I can add those features to a CM kernel as long as its on github ....

There is also a very easy way of detecting f2fs on /data on boot ...

Let me know ... Thx Josh

Hi Josh,

Yes ! I am aware of one way for automatically detecting f2fs on /data on boot (on /system and /cache too if it is supported by the target device...) by using a simple shell script BUT the one i am thinking about relies on full busybox support (/sbin folder) and i really do not know how to provide such one because the way i use to build kernels (mka bootimage) gives me only one busybox executable and that is not what is required... :confused:

Can you help me on the busybox part ?

Anyway, i am very glad to have news from you ! :)

Be well

PS : ... it has been a long time that i've not pushed my work over GitHub, when i will have some time i will learn how to use it correctly... ;)

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi Josh,

Yes ! I am aware of one way for automatically detecting f2fs on /data on boot (on /system and /cache too if it is supported by the target device...) by using a simple shell script BUT the one i am thinking about relies on full busybox support (/sbin folder) and i really do not know how to provide such one because the way i use to build kernels (mka bootimage) gives me only one busybox executable and that is not what is required... :confused:

Can you help me on the busybox part ?

Anyway, i am very glad to have news from you ! :)

Be well

PS : ... it has been a long time that i've not pushed my work over GitHub, when i will have some time i will learn how to use it correctly... ;)

We will not even need any of tha busybox its even easier then that ... :)

Github is kind my thing, let me know if you need any pointers in the right direction ...

Let me see if I can find that commit in omni rom ..... tf700t: Detect f2fs on /data

Yep its that easy .... :p

Thx Josh

Reactions: ne0zone75

ne0zone75

May 25, 2013
We will not even need any of tha busybox its even easier then that ... :)

Github is kind my thing, let me know if you need any pointers in the right direction ...

Let me see if I can find that commit in omni rom ..... tf700t: Detect f2fs on /data

Yep its that easy .... :p

Thx Josh

That is quite simpler than i was thinking indeed ! :) So, it is OK to specify two entries for /data in fstab...

Thanks for having took the time to give me this information !

I will then offer F2FS support with automatic filesystem detection for /data in my upcoming kernel update for TF700T which will be free of the flickering bug, i will certainly do the same for TF300T...

Kind regards

PS : since i will almost start from scratch with GitHub, i will try to find a good 'HOWTO' over the web at the beginning (noob way... :p) and when i will be more comfortable with it, i will certainly ask you for help about advanced features.

Reactions: lj50036

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKAT for Transformer Pad Infinity

7n2m.png

SlimROMs is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.

The entire SlimROMs team work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.

All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKAT is the project name for SlimROMs based on Android 4.4 and offers the following unique SlimROMs features :

FEATURES ::

-> The real dark Slim : Invert the whole ROM including Gapps with one click.
    -> Slim Recents : A complete replacement of the AOSP recents screen to allow better multitasking, along with marking favourite apps.
    -> SlimPIE : Based on CM's PIE, inspired by PA's PIE with a light touch of Slim. A true community feature.
    -> Slim dialer : A full replacement of the official Google closed source dialer with added features.
    -> Privacy guard : Disable unnecessary permissions set by app developers.
    -> Shake Events : Shake your device to launch apps or secure it on lockscreen.
    -> Notification reminder : An easy way to quickly set short reminders to show on the notification drawer.
    -> Notification drawer and and lockscreen shortcuts : Access your most important apps from everywhere.
    -> Custom Quick Settings Tiles : Why just settings? Use whatever you want.
    -> Camera : Discover SlimROMs team unique Camera feature...

DISCLAIMER : every team mentioned below and myself will never ever be responsible for any damages you do to your device !

ALL CREDIT GOES TO AND ONLY TO :

-> SlimROMs team (ROM tree)
    -> CyanogenMod team (device and kernel trees)
    -> TheMuppets team (vendor tree)
    -> SaberMod team (toolchains)

NOTE : i am not affiliated with any of the teams mentioned above...

THANKS TO :

-> @lj50036 (lot of help)
    -> @JustArchi (build optimizations)

INSTALLATION : to install this ROM on your Transformer you'll need this checklist to be all checked ;)

1. latest ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) : if it's not the case IT WILL BE MANDATORY for you to upgrade your bootloader by flashing the latest ASUS firmware to your device BEFORE going further...
    2. unlocked bootloader : by using dedicated ASUS software...
    3. KK enabled custom recovery : regular / PhilZ CWM or TWRP (my preference goes to this last one...)
    4. my SlimKAT ROM file :good:
    OPTIONAL : any AOSP GAPPs if you want to have Google Play services (i'm using PA-GAPPs micro-modular package by @TKruzze for example ;))

NOTE : SlimKAT is a KK 4.4+ ROM so if you want to activate ART instead of dalvik, simply go to 'settings/developer options' and select ART as runtime :good: BUT please do remember that ART is still under heavy development...

DOWNLOADS :

=> This ROM is DEODEXED : if you want to ODEX it (better battery life and better system wide responsiveness), then i do recommend that you use @MatrixDJ96 ODEXER tool available HERE ;)

• TWRP Recovery
      => Please give a look at @Dees_Troy TWRP download page for TF700T : HERE :good: ;)
    • SlimKAT ROM
      -> SlimKAT RC2 for TF700T Build 9.0 (2015-01-23) <= UNTESTED BY MYSELF ! Anyway feel free to report any bug back in this thread...
      -> TRYOUTS : none for the moment...

-> In SlimKAT root access needs to be activated like this : go to 'settings/developer options' and disable it, then go to 'settings/advanced settings/superuser' and set root access to 'apps/adb' (this will re-enable 'developer options' AND you will gain root access)

INFO : ALL DOWNLOADS ARE NOW ALSO AVAILABLE FROM THE DOWNLOADS TAB OF THIS PROJECT (at the top of this post) ;)

Happy flashing :D

CHANGELOG :

2014-08-22 : RC1 => INITIAL RELEASE

=> Please report back any bug you may find : this port is community driven !​

RC1 known bugs list :
    => bluetooth seems to be failing...​
    => DPI is wrong...​
    => Play Store has a very bad display...​
    => Dock battery status display does not exist...​

2014-08-23 : RC2

=> DPI is fixed​
    => Play Store bug is fixed​
    => bluetooth AND dock battery status display have to be implemented correctly... => TO BE FIXED​
    => ROM + kernel are now compiled with latest SaberMod TCs (GCC 4.8.5 for both), still with straight @JustArchi v3 optimizations applied ! (you can document yourself about it in his topic over HERE)...​
    => STILL TO BE FIXED -> dock battery status display : source code is ready :good: BUT i will try to apply it as soon as i can !​

NOTE : if you are interested in my work and download my files, please report back AND hit my 'THANKS!' button if you think i deserve it ! Thank you !​

PS : SlimKAT for TF700T is now featuring F2FS filesystem support for /data ONLY... (WIP)​
    :victory: :good: <= Thanks to @lj50036 and the whole CROMBi-kk team :good:​
    (TEMPORARILY REVERTED BACK)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKAT for TF700T [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    ne0zone75, lj50036
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest unlocked ASUS bootloader (10.6.1.14.10) and any KK enabled custom recovery...
    Based On: SlimKAT

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-23
    Current Beta Version: TRYOUT

Created 2014-08-22
    Last Updated 2015-02-23
    Very important announcement !

Good afternoon,

Today i am announcing that i am freezing again all my xda projects; i am really sad about it and i am feeling quite unlucky because after the data disaster that i did overcome, something really bad is happening to me : someone very close to me just get very badly sick ! So, i am absolutely not in mood to spend time for android anymore these days !

Nevertheless, i am not discontinuing all my my current xda projects yet ! I am slowing them down a lot that is all ! Updates will still come for each one !

-> TWRP for S4 mini and Transformer will get regular updates...
    -> SlimKat for S4 mini and Transformer will get less frequent updates (maybe one in a month...) it will let me to have enough time to make things right !

Meanwhile, if any of you who is reading these lines would like to take ownership of my xda threads in order to go further with my work, then just PM me, just in case i would take the decision to definitely stop my work over xda !

Kind regards

PS : I will make a huge cleanup in each opening posts of all my current xda threads ASAP !
    Haha, I think that I found a solution for the gcc-4.8/4.9 for the kernel on the tf700t...:D I need more tests and get back to you if it actually works...:highfive:

Well, it would be a very good news if it works ! :good: You do have all my support ! ;)

BTW @JustArchi found, with the suggestion of contributors of his 'build optimizations' thread, an elegant way to workaround the 'Play Store' display bug issue occuring with official Linaro toolchains ! ;)

Keep up your efforts ! ;) :good:

Tapatalked from my TF701T
    Current weekly (7.6) will come as TRYOUT...

This week, build 7.6 will come as TRYOUT and let me explain to you why :

-> it is a very significant build (on my part) because i do not use CyanogenMod source trees anymore BUT those of CROMBi-kk instead (device+kernel). Let me thank @sbdags @lj50036 and @hardslog a lot because they simply showed me THE way ! "You are awesome guys !". This implies several things... :
    -> kernel of this TRYOUT is fully F2FS enabled AND is based off CM's one !
    -> it has been compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.8 (instead of 4.7 previously)

So 7.6 should be really fast (ROM still compiled with UBERUTILS GCC 4.8) AND could benefit of F2FS at any time (the ROM installer is fully EXT4 but if you alter it a little bit, it can be turned into F2FS easily) OOTB !

Installer will be available for download shortly,

Stay tuned !