THE GPS Fix

Search This thread

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
PROBLEM:
Okay, I was tired as hell of not having GPS. I tried a ton of fixes on the internet, with absolutely no success. supl.google.com, supl.nokia.com, etc didn't work for me.

SOLUTION:
In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.

RESULT:
Before this I couldn't get a lock within 10 minutes and didn't have the patience to wait longer. Now I get locks in 15 seconds and within 10 meters.

Tell me whether it worked for you.

EDIT: added picture of 2 second lock.

a6898a97-3d74-1123.jpg

Last edited:

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
Surprising. Worked perfectly for me, according to AngryGPS I get locks in 6 seconds now.

From XDA App on Infused v2.1.0 OCed to 1.6 GHz

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
Oh yeah, and it seems to work better on Infused 2+ than stock or Infused 1.6.

Punnyabrata

Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
did not work for me. When I turn off the use wireless network Google Maps tells me unable to detect your location. :(

raaleck

Dec 2, 2010
WOW... woot woot!

I just pass the same hell than you searching for fix site by site. Finally this work....

12 sats in 5 secs and 4 working like in 9 secs... just awesome... I dunno where you find it but I feel I love you...many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
WOW... woot woot!

I just pass the same hell than you searching for fix site by site. Finally this work....

12 sats in 5 secs and 4 working like in 9 secs... just awesome... I dunno where you find it but I feel I love you...many thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App
No problem bro. ;D

timeToy

Aug 3, 2010
PROBLEM:
Okay, I was tired as hell of not having GPS. I tried a ton of fixes on the internet, with absolutely no success. supl.google.com, supl.nokia.com, etc didn't work for me.

SOLUTION:
In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.(...)

I used Google SUPL server: "supl.google.com" same port, secure socket ON.
and it did cut my locking time to 8 sec.

Reactions: Nin204292

faslane

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 7, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
I did thank you. As I said, I'm new to this. Can anyine offer a non-snide comment in reply form please?

thank you!
Fas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
SOLUTION:
In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.

I was kinda struggling earlier, but dunno how these settings made it possible, but I am not getting a lock in under 5-6 seconds in nearly all tests - geo location, maps, tracking, etc. First lock took about 17 seconds, but since then its been under 5-6 seconds.

sumeet909

Jul 21, 2009
Reston, VA
here's my experience with this overall:

* 2 important things are a) getting a lock in less time b) tracking with accuracy
* some fixes get locks in short time whereas some are more accurate while driving, I'm yet to find a good combination on both.

Also, starting the GPS in "cold start" mode also reduces lock time with original settings, leading me to believe that some kind of cache corruption is at play. With supl.nokia.com, it gets lock under 5 seconds, but Google Navigation is all over the place - frustrating. Shame on Samsung!

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
As I stated in my original post, the Google SUPL server didn't work for me. Infuses are apparently not all the same. I hope people try this along with my fix.

jwl12345

Aug 31, 2011
New York
I was kinda struggling earlier, but dunno how these settings made it possible, but I am not getting a lock in under 5-6 seconds in nearly all tests - geo location, maps, tracking, etc. First lock took about 17 seconds, but since then its been under 5-6 seconds.
These settings work because a lot of Infuses are strangely incompatible with the default SUPL server Samsung ships it with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PROBLEM:

SOLUTION:

RESULT:
    Before this I couldn't get a lock within 10 minutes and didn't have the patience to wait longer. Now I get locks in 15 seconds and within 10 meters.

Tell me whether it worked for you.

EDIT: added picture of 2 second lock.

a6898a97-3d74-1123.jpg
    PROBLEM:

SOLUTION:
    In the dialer type *#*#3214789650#*#* to access either lbstestmode or AngryGPS, depending on your ROM. Make sure Operation Mode in General Settings (AngryGPS) is on MSBASED, and go to the SUPL settings. Set the SUPL server to "h-slp.mnc410.mcc310.pub.3gppnetwork.org", port to 7275, and secure socket on. (Also I think one of the settings needs to be SUPL). Reboot and try again.(...)

Just giving ya hell bro. I think for the most part we got er nailed. At least in my opinion

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    Yeah - the two together work the best as far as I'm concerned.