Ultimate Special Fx for TB?

Search This thread

vargo911

Aug 24, 2009
ashtabula
Is there a working TB ROM that would allow us to download and play this App "Ultimate Special Fx"

It says it requires Android v2.3.7 Gingerbread or higher to run.

I'm running ThunderShed CM7 , when I last checked said it was 2.3.7.

Any thoughts ??

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
android versions

i've never heard of or used ultimate special fx, but you are correct, thundershed is android version 2.3.7. as i'm unfamiliar with the app in question, and am not sure if there are other hardware/software prerequisites to running the app besides the android version, i can only break down android versions types of roms use as a base. the open mobile leak/mr4 roms are android version 2.3.6. the roms based off of 2.11.605.9 are android 2.3.4 i believe. but yes, in theory, thundershed should be able to run the app.

vargo911

Aug 24, 2009
ashtabula
i've never heard of or used ultimate special fx, but you are correct, thundershed is android version 2.3.7. as i'm unfamiliar with the app in question, and am not sure if there are other hardware/software prerequisites to running the app besides the android version, i can only break down android versions types of roms use as a base. the open mobile leak/mr4 roms are android version 2.3.6. the roms based off of 2.11.605.9 are android 2.3.4 i believe. but yes, in theory, thundershed should be able to run the app.

Thanks for your reply here is the link to the APP. I was also looking for prerequisites but all that is says 2.3.7 and above. I'm wondering if Play Store is set to block all TB roms till the official ICS for TB is released by VZW.

Check out Ultimate Special Fx on Google Play! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.techcatmobile.ultimatespecialfx

quickdraw86

Feb 1, 2012
Harrisburg, SD
Yes, play store restricts apps you can view based on your device id and android version for compatibility reasons, and to protect consumers from purchasing apps they can't run. Also, devices can be blocked from viewing apps in play store because the developer has chosen to restrict them or doesn't support them. Custom roms also sometimes change the device id in the build prop to one that play store doesn't understand or recognize. It's still possible to get around this though. You can either download the app from your computer and move it to your phone, or modify your build prop file with a root browser to reflect a different and compatible device and obtain the app normally. With either course of action, the app chainfire3D can be used to scale the graphical/processing demands of ultimate special fx to fit the thunderbolt's gpu. Keep in mind, I personally haven't tried to do this, it's just a suggestion to try if you're bound and determined to get the app. Hope that helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

fendee1

Feb 8, 2009
JERSEY
So I download it then copy the file off tablet send to dropbox, then download to tbolt , it works. Fun app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk