[script] speedy v7

Search This thread

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
seeing as this hasnt been mentioned figured i would share it since my buddy jrtduke an x2 owner shared this with me.. all credit goes to Overmind for this great scipt. Do not have to use the universal script.
And as always make a back up before any modding

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1246822

big thanks to Petr for showing us the way here.....

to remove it delete the scripts from /etc/init.d and reboot

Last edited:

roundeye1987

Sep 22, 2010
Sterling
Kinda curious how this works for us but don't have time to mess with it right now lol anybody having any positive results?

Sent from my CWM OC'd CM7 Electrify.

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
Kinda curious how this works for us but don't have time to mess with it right now lol anybody having any positive results?

I'm going to make a nandroid then flash. I'm on CM7 as well and am curious to see if/how it works..

worse case scenario I gotta restore my nandroid..

EDIT: gotta get to bed. 5am comes around quick. Maybe I'll have time in the morning before work.

Last edited:

roundeye1987

Sep 22, 2010
Sterling
I'm going to make a nandroid then flash. I'm on CM7 as well and am curious to see if/how it works..

worse case scenario I gotta restore my nandroid..

EDIT: gotta get to bed. 5am comes around quick. Maybe I'll have time in the morning before work.

That's kinda my plan as well but Archam City has been very addicting lately haha

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
should work on cm7 but like you said nand first to be safe please report if it works so others wont have to guess. thanks

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

fixin' to hit this up right quick... I'll report back shortly...

<runs off to nand... then flash>

ok, i made a nandroid backup.. then just flashed over my existing working daily driving CM7.. didn't wipe anything (wanted to just try a flash without wipe)..

Confirmed working on CM7 w/ Joker's 1.3 overclock kernel. First boot takes a while.. almost so long that I was pondering doing a battery pull.. but i waited.. (I had 45% battery left LOL).. after first boot I let all my widgets load etc.. then did another reboot (per the OP linked thread).. this thing seems SUPER snappy.. I'll report back tomorrow with my impression of battery usage improvements based on what's normal usage for me.

So far.. so good.. although the second boot seemed to take a bit longer.. it almost hangs a little on the moto screen.. but it WILL boot..

EDIT: forgot to mention, I have my phone set to 1gig max speed.. I am not overclocked (although I'm running the OC kernel).

Hope this helps (remember to hit the thanks button for me being the guinea pig) :)

Last edited:

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
so far I've ran it for a day phone boots faster, screen transitions are quicker no sign of lag any where not sure about battery cause I use my phone constantly but I get around 8-10 hours on a battery will see how that fares. but do far so good no fc, no lags, internet loads fast maybe just on my mind but I say its doing its thing me likey

Reactions: WHYDavid

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
internet loads fast maybe just on my mind but I say its doing its thing me likey

facebook usually takes for-damn-ever to load.. after this script/mod.. it's sper quick. That is the most noticable difference in addition to everything you've mentioned.

I'll report back tomorrow after playing w/ it to report back on battery life.

Reactions: WHYDavid

WHYDavid

Dec 24, 2010
Thanks for trying this out!
Did you guys flash the Universal version or the Blur version???

roundeye1987

Sep 22, 2010
Sterling

ok, i made a nandroid backup.. then just flashed over my existing working daily driving CM7.. didn't wipe anything (wanted to just try a flash without wipe)..

Confirmed working on CM7 w/ Joker's 1.3 overclock kernel. First boot takes a while.. almost so long that I was pondering doing a battery pull.. but i waited.. (I had 45% battery left LOL).. after first boot I let all my widgets load etc.. then did another reboot (per the OP linked thread).. this thing seems SUPER snappy.. I'll report back tomorrow with my impression of battery usage improvements based on what's normal usage for me.

So far.. so good.. although the second boot seemed to take a bit longer.. it almost hangs a little on the moto screen.. but it WILL boot..

EDIT: forgot to mention, I have my phone set to 1gig max speed.. I am not overclocked (although I'm running the OC kernel).

Hope this helps (remember to hit the thanks button for me being the guinea pig) :)

Damn XDA app needs to let u thank from it! And do polls.

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
Boots a little slower, easily an extra 30+ seconds, but once started seems faster.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    should work on cm7 but like you said nand first to be safe please report if it works so others wont have to guess. thanks

seeing as this hasnt been mentioned figured i would share it since my buddy jrtduke an x2 owner shared this with me.. all credit goes to Overmind for this great scipt. Do not have to use the universal script.
    And as always make a back up before any modding

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1246822

big thanks to Petr for showing us the way here.....

to remove it delete the scripts from /etc/init.d and reboot
    You can remove it by deleting those scripts from /etc/init.d
    Does this work with locked and unlocked phones?

I'm rooted locked stock cwm bootstrap 198_6. using zeps v6 root toolbox tweaks motomizer app from market. stacks on top of all of that.