Add native android SIP stack for Wifi & 3G calls in ICS - Galaxy Note-GT-N7000

Search This thread

mrcasmir

Jul 22, 2009
Brisbane
This is just to help people like me that use their mobile for internet calls. As you know, it is disabled in GNote ICS and the old method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1109962 does not work for ICS ROMs.

TESTED ON
LPY
LPF
LP8
LP9
LQ2
LQ3
Kingdroid 2.0
Kingdroid 2.1
Kingdroid 3.0
GNote i717 Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2)
Criskelo V7

MIGHT WORK FOR YOUR ROM IS THE SIZE OF YOUR framework-res.apk IS: Size: 18.7 MB (19,623,222 bytes), Size on disk: 18.7 MB (19,623,936 bytes)---checked under windows.

I will attach a modified framework-res.apk for GNote ICS ROM and the Internet call settings menu file.

Just a little changelog of what the modified framework-res.apk can do

Enables internet call (Wifi & 3G)
Enables all orientations (your phone rotates all round)
Rotating Lockscreen (Landscape + Portrait)
Screen stays off on USB/Charger disconnect

Just download one of the .zip files below extract and copy android.software.sip.voip.xml (its in this folder \system\etc\permissions) file to /etc/permissions using ES file explorer, Root explorer or any root browsing app. You can also push this file via ADB but you must be rooted in order to do any of these. After copy framework-res.apk (its in this folder \system\framework) to /system/framework, you can also push this. Your phone will freeze and quickly reboot, if not reboot manually but give it enough time to copy the files.
You should have internet calling now and all the other extras.

NOTE: Always backup incase something goes wrong, I am not to be held responsible for any bricks.
However, if anything goes wrong, just push back Stock framework-res.apk or if not reflash Non-wipe ICS ROM.

This framework-res.apk is specifically tested on the GNote ICS ROMs listed above, use it in any other ROM at your own risk.

--------------------------EASIER STEP FOR NON-ROOTED ROMS--------------------------

To simplify these steps, I have made a flashable zip. Download one of the .zip files and put it in your sdcard (external)---Do not extract pls.

Boot into recovery (Vol up + Power button + Home button all together)

-------ALREADY HAVE CWM DO THIS-------

Scroll down to 'Install zip from sdcard'
Then 'Select zip from Internal/External sd'
Find the zip where you saved it and select it
Select Yes to install.
NOTE: CWM uses Vol up & down to scroll and Home button to select

----------STOCK RECOVERY DO THIS---------

Download CWM Touch
Copy to External sdcard
Boot into recovery
Scroll down to 'Apply update from external sdcard'
Locate CWM and select it
Select Yes to install
CWM Touch will load automatically
Click 'Install zip from sdcard'
Click 'Select zip from Internal/External sd'
Locate the zip where you saved it scrolling with your finger or with volume button
Click on it and select yes to install.
NOTE: Stock recovery uses volume up & down to scroll and Power button to select while CWM Touch uses hand + Vol up & down for scrolling and Touch and Home button to select.

When all is done, go back and select Reboot system.

If you have any questions post it here.

THERE ARE FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET THIS DONE

1. Copy using root explorer
2. Push using ADB
3. Install using CWM Touch temporary
4. Install using CWM kernel installed on your phone.

FOR STEP

1. You must have root and root explorer app, just download the file, extract and copy each to their respective directories (refer to the step above).

2. Push the two files using ADB but you need root in order to do this.

3. Install temporary CWM Touch via stock recovery and flash the zip. This does not install CWM in your phone, it disappears as soon as you reboot.

4. Install CWM kernel for your ROM and use it to flash the zip.

DOWNLOADS

framework-res.apk----------> SIP + Orientation Mods for Copy or Push
SIP xml file---------> android.software.sip.voip.zip, for Copy or Push
Enable SIP + Other Mods----------> SIP + Orientation Mods for CWM
Enable SIP only with this----------> SIP Only for CWM
Stock framework-res.apk----------> Stock in case you want to revert back.
KingDroid-2.0---------> Enable SIP in KingDroid 2.0 ROM
KingDroid-2.0-REVERT ----------> Revert back in case of issues 2.0
KingDroid-2.1----------> Enable SIP + CRT effects in KingDroid 2.1 ROM
KingDroid-2.1-REVERT----------> Revert back in case of issues 2.1
Kingdroid-3.0----------> Enable SIP in KingDroid 3.0 ROM
GNote-i717-Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2)----------> Enable SIP in GNote-i717-Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2) ROM
Criskelo-V7----------> Enable SIP in Criskelo-V7 ROM

If this worked for you in another ROM just post it here so others will have confidence in flashing it.

Last edited:

jaskiratsingh

Can you do the same for Indian ics version?

Edit: This framework works on ddlp8, it also changes swipe lock to default ics lock.
With this the device SOS going to deep sleep :(
Can someone on lpy check if device goes into deep sleep after setting voip?

Last edited:

mrcasmir

Jul 22, 2009
Brisbane
What are the others changes?

I ask that because I don't like install something on my phones without have all the informations/changelog.

Well there are other options I changed from false to true and vise versa and then changed it from Phone device to Tablet device. I noticed most changes in the dialogue boxes and graphical interface.
Well its your call, if you want it then go for it.

Reactions: nader1450

tdomikael

Oct 5, 2010
So, if I understand, after apply your modifications, my phone will most look like tablet device than phone device?
There is no performance or battery changement (no bad surprise with anormal drain battery ou low performance), but just appearance modification.

I'm right?

And an other question : Is there possibility to just add native SIP in ICS, without apply others modifications?

PS : apologise for my english

mrcasmir

Jul 22, 2009
Brisbane
So, if I understand, after apply your modifications, my phone will most look like tablet device than phone device?
There is no performance or battery changement (no bad surprise with anormal drain battery ou low performance), but just appearance modification.

I'm right?

And an other question : Is there possibility to just add native SIP in ICS, without apply others modifications?

You sound so scared, well I will add SIP only version in a few minutes. Just check back in 10

Reactions: nader1450

tdomikael

Oct 5, 2010
scared? Not really, I just like understand what I do. I think it's the best thing to do for progress.

For example, after read your post, I know that is possible to change option. So I actually trying know how to change the false/true options. I don't know where find the files where they are, and after how to open, look and try to understand them.

I'm "noob", so I think it will take me a long time!

well I will add SIP only version
Thanks a lot!!

Last edited:

mrcasmir

Jul 22, 2009
Brisbane
scared? Not really, I just like understand what I do. I think it's the best thing to do for progress.

For example, after read your post, I know that is possible to change option. So I actually trying know how to change the false/true options. I don't know where find the files where they are, and after how to open, look and try to understand them.

I'm "noob", so I think it will take me a long time!

Thanks a lot!!

Here is the SIP only version https://rapidshare.com/files/3975298779/SIP-only-ICS-LPY.zip
Just flash via recovery, follow the guide above

sharan.mu

Mar 21, 2012
Bangalore
Can we configure SKYPE and use the native android SIP to make calls via SKYPE? i hate opening Skype every time i want to make Skype call to india from here..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just to help people like me that use their mobile for internet calls. As you know, it is disabled in GNote ICS and the old method here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1109962 does not work for ICS ROMs.

TESTED ON
    LPY
    LPF
    LP8
    LP9
    LQ2
    LQ3
    Kingdroid 2.0
    Kingdroid 2.1
    Kingdroid 3.0
    GNote i717 Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2)
    Criskelo V7

MIGHT WORK FOR YOUR ROM IS THE SIZE OF YOUR framework-res.apk IS: Size: 18.7 MB (19,623,222 bytes), Size on disk: 18.7 MB (19,623,936 bytes)---checked under windows.

I will attach a modified framework-res.apk for GNote ICS ROM and the Internet call settings menu file.

Just a little changelog of what the modified framework-res.apk can do

Enables internet call (Wifi & 3G)
    Enables all orientations (your phone rotates all round)
    Rotating Lockscreen (Landscape + Portrait)
    Screen stays off on USB/Charger disconnect

Just download one of the .zip files below extract and copy android.software.sip.voip.xml (its in this folder \system\etc\permissions) file to /etc/permissions using ES file explorer, Root explorer or any root browsing app. You can also push this file via ADB but you must be rooted in order to do any of these. After copy framework-res.apk (its in this folder \system\framework) to /system/framework, you can also push this. Your phone will freeze and quickly reboot, if not reboot manually but give it enough time to copy the files.
    You should have internet calling now and all the other extras.

NOTE: Always backup incase something goes wrong, I am not to be held responsible for any bricks.
    However, if anything goes wrong, just push back Stock framework-res.apk or if not reflash Non-wipe ICS ROM.

This framework-res.apk is specifically tested on the GNote ICS ROMs listed above, use it in any other ROM at your own risk.

--------------------------EASIER STEP FOR NON-ROOTED ROMS--------------------------

To simplify these steps, I have made a flashable zip. Download one of the .zip files and put it in your sdcard (external)---Do not extract pls.

Boot into recovery (Vol up + Power button + Home button all together)

-------ALREADY HAVE CWM DO THIS-------

Scroll down to 'Install zip from sdcard'
    Then 'Select zip from Internal/External sd'
    Find the zip where you saved it and select it
    Select Yes to install.
    NOTE: CWM uses Vol up & down to scroll and Home button to select

----------STOCK RECOVERY DO THIS---------

Download CWM Touch
    Copy to External sdcard
    Boot into recovery
    Scroll down to 'Apply update from external sdcard'
    Locate CWM and select it
    Select Yes to install
    CWM Touch will load automatically
    Click 'Install zip from sdcard'
    Click 'Select zip from Internal/External sd'
    Locate the zip where you saved it scrolling with your finger or with volume button
    Click on it and select yes to install.
    NOTE: Stock recovery uses volume up & down to scroll and Power button to select while CWM Touch uses hand + Vol up & down for scrolling and Touch and Home button to select.

When all is done, go back and select Reboot system.

If you have any questions post it here.

THERE ARE FOUR DIFFERENT WAYS TO GET THIS DONE

1. Copy using root explorer
    2. Push using ADB
    3. Install using CWM Touch temporary
    4. Install using CWM kernel installed on your phone.

FOR STEP

1. You must have root and root explorer app, just download the file, extract and copy each to their respective directories (refer to the step above).

2. Push the two files using ADB but you need root in order to do this.

3. Install temporary CWM Touch via stock recovery and flash the zip. This does not install CWM in your phone, it disappears as soon as you reboot.

4. Install CWM kernel for your ROM and use it to flash the zip.

DOWNLOADS

framework-res.apk----------> SIP + Orientation Mods for Copy or Push
    SIP xml file---------> android.software.sip.voip.zip, for Copy or Push
    Enable SIP + Other Mods----------> SIP + Orientation Mods for CWM
    Enable SIP only with this----------> SIP Only for CWM
    Stock framework-res.apk----------> Stock in case you want to revert back.
    KingDroid-2.0---------> Enable SIP in KingDroid 2.0 ROM
    KingDroid-2.0-REVERT ----------> Revert back in case of issues 2.0
    KingDroid-2.1----------> Enable SIP + CRT effects in KingDroid 2.1 ROM
    KingDroid-2.1-REVERT----------> Revert back in case of issues 2.1
    Kingdroid-3.0----------> Enable SIP in KingDroid 3.0 ROM
    GNote-i717-Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2)----------> Enable SIP in GNote-i717-Team Perfection ICS (UCLE2) ROM
    Criskelo-V7----------> Enable SIP in Criskelo-V7 ROM

If this worked for you in another ROM just post it here so others will have confidence in flashing it.
    Can you do the same for Indian ics version?

Edit: This framework works on ddlp8, it also changes swipe lock to default ics lock.
    With this the device SOS going to deep sleep :(
    Can someone on lpy check if device goes into deep sleep after setting voip?

I ll need your framework-res.apk
    What are the others changes?

I ask that because I don't like install something on my phones without have all the informations/changelog.

Well there are other options I changed from false to true and vise versa and then changed it from Phone device to Tablet device. I noticed most changes in the dialogue boxes and graphical interface.
    Well its your call, if you want it then go for it.

I'm right?

You sound so scared, well I will add SIP only version in a few minutes. Just check back in 10
    DDLP8 framework is uploaded at the below location:

http://www.multiupload.nl/XY6SR86687

Have just compared the two files, there are thesame. Just go ahead and install this one they use thesame framework-res.apk