[Q] HELP, stuck in recovery loading loop

Search This thread

jeremyhilton

Jun 17, 2010
Ferndale, WA
Samsung Galaxy S21
So I am rooted but S-ON and honestly am not that advanced with this kind of stuff. I have rooted all of my phones myself (starting with the HTC Hero, EVO 4G, EVO 3d, EVO 4G LTE and now the ONE) but have never really had to mess around with fastboot or ADB aside from when initially following the instructions to root my phone.

With that being said here is what happened today:

I wiped my phone as I just downloaded VIPER ROM Viper ONE 5.5.0 and I wanted to try it out. However when I was in AROMA Installer it said it failed to install it and suggested I update my TWRP Recovery. When I did that it said to reboot while in recovery so I went to do that and than TWRP said something about root being missing and suggested I fix it. I chose to fix it and then my phone started booting but then went dark with the LED light going on red for like 7 seconds than off. So I decided to try power and volume down which gets me to bootloader/fastboot etc, however when I try to go to recovery it says its loading then goes black.

Now I'm assuming I just need to reinstall recovery but am not sure how. I just downloaded TWRP image file as well as JDK and the Android bundle but am not sure what I'm doing to be honest...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
So I am rooted but S-ON and honestly am not that advanced with this kind of stuff. I have rooted all of my phones myself (starting with the HTC Hero, EVO 4G, EVO 3d, EVO 4G LTE and now the ONE) but have never really had to mess around with fastboot or ADB aside from when initially following the instructions to root my phone.

I wiped my phone as I just downloaded VIPER ROM Viper ONE 5.5.0 and I wanted to try it out. However when I was in AROMA Installer it said it failed to install it and suggested I update my TWRP Recovery. When I did that it said to reboot while in recovery so I went to do that and than TWRP said something about root being missing and suggested I fix it. I chose to fix it and then my phone started booting but then went dark with the LED light going on red for like 7 seconds than off. So I decided to try power and volume down which gets me to bootloader/fastboot etc, however when I try to go to recovery it says its loading then goes black.

Now I'm assuming I just need to reinstall recovery but am not sure how. I just downloaded TWRP image file as well as JDK and the Android bundle but am not sure what I'm doing to be honest...

Thanks!
Sounds like you installed an incompatible version of twrp meaning not the version for Sprint
Find the latest version here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2651035

Reactions: predator1584

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Awesome thanks! However I'm not sure how to install the new one as my phone won't boot and I can't get into recovery..
Put the file in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it
From bootloader ( fastbootusb ) to get there hold power + vol down
open a cmd window from that folder and type
fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Reactions: predator1584

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!
    Sounds like you installed an incompatible version of twrp meaning not the version for Sprint
    Find the latest version here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2651035
    Awesome thanks! However I'm not sure how to install the new one as my phone won't boot and I can't get into recovery..
    Put the file in the folder that has adb and fastboot in it
    From bootloader ( fastbootusb ) to get there hold power + vol down
    open a cmd window from that folder and type
    fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img