[Q] Upside down screen rotation problem

Search This thread

v41p3r

Jul 4, 2014
I'm sorry if there already is post about this problem, but i couldn't find anything useful so i decided to ask for myself.
The other day i bought a second hand i9505, the problem is that the screen rotates upside down. When i start any app and turn the phone sideways the screen rotates exactly 180 degrees from what it's supposed to be, which is very annoying when watching a youtube clip or taking a photo. The phone was on stock 4.4, at first i thought it was a callibration problem so i installed a stock 4.2.2, but no luck. Then i installed slimrom but still no go, tried different kernels (like 4 or 5) and still nothing.
So my question is is there any way to fix this without taking it to the shop? Like a patch or an app to fix it, and how can i see the values of the gyroscope to see if it is outputting what it's supposed to ?

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk
I'm sorry if there already is post about this problem, but i couldn't find anything useful so i decided to ask for myself.
The other day i bought a second hand i9505, the problem is that the screen rotates upside down. When i start any app and turn the phone sideways the screen rotates exactly 180 degrees from what it's supposed to be, which is very annoying when watching a youtube clip or taking a photo. The phone was on stock 4.4, at first i thought it was a callibration problem so i installed a stock 4.2.2, but no luck. Then i installed slimrom but still no go, tried different kernels (like 4 or 5) and still nothing.
So my question is is there any way to fix this without taking it to the shop? Like a patch or an app to fix it, and how can i see the values of the gyroscope to see if it is outputting what it's supposed to ?

As you have tried several different ROM's, presumably the error is hardware related. As you bought it as second hand, I'd bet that it was reason of sale (mechanically caused sensor(s) damages are not covered by warranty).

sorry that I could not provide more optimistic assessment.

v41p3r

Jul 4, 2014
I figured as much, but thanks anyway. So there is no app to flip the rotation ( invert it so that it is normal ) ?