[TIP] Force all apps to SD on FROYO

Search This thread

Lemim0uth

Nov 21, 2009
I'm not able to move installed app on SD, the option "Move to SD card" is greyed... any idea ?

Lemim0uth

Nov 21, 2009
As application installation on SD is natively supported by Froyo, I assumed that I don't need to partition the card...

Alleviate

Jul 19, 2009
Re: Force all apps to SD on FROYO

How were you able move them? The option to do that is grayed out for all applications on my phone. I heard developers have to give permission to move their applications to the SD card first.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my Motorola Razr.

htcmagic

Jul 8, 2009
So to clarify this, after executing the command all non protected apps will be moved to sd, or do we choose which ones to move from the applications menu. Are we able to move apps back to the phone for speed?
Can we reverse the command?

Thanks

brosenz

May 5, 2010
US
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Where are the apps being installed in the SD card ?, I see that my internal memory is going down and the apps are installed in the SD card based on what the system says, thanks

knightnz

Dec 12, 2009
Wellington
That brings up an interesting question.........

If this update is for non-rooted phones, how/why should we be concerned if it is partitioned correctly?

Shouldn't it be done with the update.......

FAT32 doesn't support the required permission flags for root apps.

Apps need to be rewritten to support installation to SD under FroYo as it's not just using symlinks as with A2SD.

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
After initiating the command on the original post you have to click each app and move to sdcard.

A shortcut to reinstall all apps at once can be done in ADB

Code:
cd /data/app
for app in *.apk; do pm install -r $app; done

** Note
I used this for unofficial apps2sd so after switching to froyo using the command should also do the same

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ran a cross this little tip to force all apps to be installed on SD.

Unlock move to SD card for existing apps:
    adb shell
    pm setInstallLocation 2
    Remember people, apps that need root will not work ;)