Should I include the Dark ICS Phone and Contacts into the main .zip?

• Keep Dark Phone and Contacts in a seperate .zip

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Include Dark Phone and Contacts in the main theme

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • IF #2 do you want current "light" ICS option?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Quit messing around and Port CyanogenMod9 already.

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
ICSthemelandscape2.png

ICSthemeportrait3.png

This is an ICS theme for P6200 (UWAXME) running latest firmware { PDA:KL3 PHONE: KK5 CSC KK8 (XME)}.
Also you must be De-Odexed and rooted. See here...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1393664

Thanks to @antiochasylum for help with SystemUI, etc.

What is themed:

Framework-res
Twframework-res
Settings
Phone
Contacts
Email
Mms
Alarm Clock (Includes Widget)
Launcher2 (Enabled Hardware Acceleration)
SystemUI
Browser (mainly just launcher icon)
Calculator (mainly just launcher icon)
Calendar (mainly just launcher icon)
Camera (mainly just launcher icon)
DownloadproviderUI (mainly just launcher icon)
MusicPlayer (mainly just launcher icon)
VideoPlayer (mainly just launcher icon)
Voice Search (for Launcher search icon)
GoogleQuickSearchBox (for Launcher search)
MiniApps Tray Bar
PhoneMiniApp

framework.jar [ for EasterEgg :) ]

Also includes : ICS Audio files for notifications,ringtones and alarms. Will not overwrite anything.
And ICS Roboto Lock Clock Font.
CRT Animation Off.
ICS Animations.
Battery % now included !
Reboot and Recovery Options added to power menu.
Also includes ICS style lockscreen and home wallpapers, but you wont see these if you havent already chosen your own wallpaper, unless you do a factory reset.

Please make a full nandroid backup first!

There may be some minor updates, and I'm open to ideas, and willing to take some custom requests.

Wood background in phone call is pulled from twframework-res.

download link.. http://db.tt/VpUNbt8Z latest version ICS3_02_2012 March 2nd
Screenshots need updating. not huge changes, but will get to it as soon as I can.
Please feel free to offer feedback either way. Thank You and Enjoy.

If you would like to go back to stock flash this.. http://db.tt/p2a0JB2k

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,109
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,533
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 1,435
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,297
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,262
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,308
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,198
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • capture_29.jpg
    capture_29.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,090
Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Reserved

3.3.2012 Mini Phone Themed! Included in Dark Phone & Contacts.zip at bottom of this post.

3_02_2012: Removed "Apps" text from launcher drawer button. themed notifications for EMail, MMS, and GMail and USB. Notice in screenshot there is still a dark grey background, that is only when the icon is pressed. Tried to many things to change it, but I think it will be fine without it. Thats it for now. Next is mini phone :)

3.1.12 ICS Phone and Contacts theme. Pretty much finished, except number color in the textfield is black. Searched and researched everywhere. Not a big deal for me. Will look into it later.

2.25.12 Added Reboot and Recovery Options to Power Menu! Woohoo!

2.21.12 made soft menu keys larger, had to make the quicklaunch key square so it doesnt overlap in portrait. Change signal bars to ICS as requested.(no grey bars just blue). Mini app tray icons themed and mini phone app themed. (small "quirk" because of the way dialer shows favorites in the background, if you have favorites, they might show up over the dialer, simply tap the number field to get dialer keys. also when dialing a number in your contacts they're image will show up behind dialer keys. this is due to the clear button background and tiny background size. Neither of these things should affect it from functioning 100%. Also fixed number buttons in call : removed grey background. And custom sound for volume rocker added.

2.14.12 found out how to make more room for battery icon (set to 30.0dip for vertical battery), and made status bar clock brighter.

2.7.12 small fix: removed extra battery percent in status bar panel pop up. see screenie attached here. also included launcher with transparent page dots. just numbers are shown in app drawer as well.

2.5.12 "Easter Egg" version uploaded. and Beta tag removed.

jan. 30th. hopefully this is the last "fix", replaced some .9's with stock, the only one you'll probably notice is the menu divider lines aren't blue they are stock grey, which is a bit easier on the eyes anyways. I hope this works for everyone. I will need your feedback. thanks.

ICS Phone and Contacts and MiniPhone!.... http://db.tt/0wh8WnkO

Mini phone: when dialing a recognized number your contacts will appear behind keypad numbers, to hide the dialpad simply scoll up and down in the upper right corner of list. To get keypad back, touch in number textfield. Functions exactly as stock, just looks different.

Attachments

• capture_38.jpg
    capture_38.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 756
  • capture_42.jpg
    capture_42.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 691
  • capture_43.jpg
    capture_43.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 651
  • capture_39.jpg
    capture_39.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 640
  • capture_40.jpg
    capture_40.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 615
  • shot_000004.jpg
    shot_000004.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 667
  • capture_49.jpg
    capture_49.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 631
  • capture_50.jpg
    capture_50.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 588
  • capture_51.jpg
    capture_51.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Reactions: dyelen and aorth

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
/may/ be an issue

there /may/ be an issue with no status bar. if so restore nandroid. Twice I had a .zip working then re-flashing I end up missing my status bar. Will get this straightened out sooner or later. Will need some one to report. I honestly hope it does not b0rk anyones device. If so nandroid should have you covered.

edit: again have another working update.zip that fixes it incase anyone has an issue. I think the problem may be with wiping and/or factory reset .. not quite sure.

Last edited:

diospada11

Jul 22, 2011
Wow. Thank you so much for this one! It's one step closer to getting more people active on the tab+. I hope more people realize that the tab+ is the best tablet there is right now.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Please guys let me know if this .zip is ok, i have one other that worked for me. Beyond that im not quite sure what the issue is.

next projects are boot animations, got one partly working. And possibly splash screen. Very dangerous though.

Lo Xa

Mar 24, 2008
Saigon
Thanks for your shares.
I've flashed this and like you said,my status bar's gone. Anyway, everything seems look just like the ICS theme but without status bar, you can not go back, if you suddenly go to app drawer, you can not get back. Restored!

Reactions: chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I apologize,i will remove the link and post the latest one that worked for me. i have only edited .xml hex color codes and .pngs in systemui. If this one doesn't work, i can remove the clock colors, or i might have to remove this post/theme altogether. Its fine for me right now. Thsnks for the heads up.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
so I tried reseaching/fixing the missing no status bar thing. seems to happen after a factory reset. on lockscreen, status bar will appear dark orange/brown. and will be missing after unlock and even during device setup wizard. It seems com.android.systemui/.SystemUIService cant even be manually enabled via terminal/adb. I tried re-editing .apk, there were (4) .9.png's not patched properly, fixed those and still same error. Also tried just making .xml edits and stock .png's & .9.png's, still no luck. tried with and without copying over resources.arsc using 7-zip method. So this systemui statusbarservice is either not getting started, (I guess I could get a list of PIDs to see if it is actually running), or possibly missing/corrupt altogether?

Im think this theme may still work on a fresh deodexed system,( it also may not, waiting to hear feedback, probably not a lot of interest in it anyways). Im almost certain this probably wont work after a /data format or factory reset.

If anyone is interested, I will look more into this. thanks.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
updated link

kangaroo-punch-woman.jpg

.zip seems to work without any errors /status bar issues! still need people to confirm.

damn: seems /some/ of my apps installed to /data/app like to FC when opened after installing this theme, huh? anyone have an idea?

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
pick(attach or link) any image, and I'll make a special one for you... just to see if this flashes well with others... you could always remove the phone/contacts apps for you.

come on who doesnt like a frosty droid ? :)

any other feedback is appreciated. thank you guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICSthemelandscape2.png

ICSthemeportrait3.png

This is an ICS theme for P6200 (UWAXME) running latest firmware { PDA:KL3 PHONE: KK5 CSC KK8 (XME)}.
    Also you must be De-Odexed and rooted. See here...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1393664

Thanks to @antiochasylum for help with SystemUI, etc.

What is themed:

Framework-res
    Twframework-res
    Settings
    Phone
    Contacts
    Email
    Mms
    Alarm Clock (Includes Widget)
    Launcher2 (Enabled Hardware Acceleration)
    SystemUI
    Browser (mainly just launcher icon)
    Calculator (mainly just launcher icon)
    Calendar (mainly just launcher icon)
    Camera (mainly just launcher icon)
    DownloadproviderUI (mainly just launcher icon)
    MusicPlayer (mainly just launcher icon)
    VideoPlayer (mainly just launcher icon)
    Voice Search (for Launcher search icon)
    GoogleQuickSearchBox (for Launcher search)
    MiniApps Tray Bar
    PhoneMiniApp

framework.jar [ for EasterEgg :) ]

Also includes : ICS Audio files for notifications,ringtones and alarms. Will not overwrite anything.
    And ICS Roboto Lock Clock Font.
    CRT Animation Off.
    ICS Animations.
    Battery % now included !
    Reboot and Recovery Options added to power menu.
    Also includes ICS style lockscreen and home wallpapers, but you wont see these if you havent already chosen your own wallpaper, unless you do a factory reset.

There may be some minor updates, and I'm open to ideas, and willing to take some custom requests.

Wood background in phone call is pulled from twframework-res.

download link.. http://db.tt/VpUNbt8Z latest version ICS3_02_2012 March 2nd
    Screenshots need updating. not huge changes, but will get to it as soon as I can.
    Please feel free to offer feedback either way. Thank You and Enjoy.

If you would like to go back to stock flash this.. http://db.tt/p2a0JB2k
    Reserved

3.3.2012 Mini Phone Themed! Included in Dark Phone & Contacts.zip at bottom of this post.

3_02_2012: Removed "Apps" text from launcher drawer button. themed notifications for EMail, MMS, and GMail and USB. Notice in screenshot there is still a dark grey background, that is only when the icon is pressed. Tried to many things to change it, but I think it will be fine without it. Thats it for now. Next is mini phone :)

3.1.12 ICS Phone and Contacts theme. Pretty much finished, except number color in the textfield is black. Searched and researched everywhere. Not a big deal for me. Will look into it later.

2.25.12 Added Reboot and Recovery Options to Power Menu! Woohoo!

2.21.12 made soft menu keys larger, had to make the quicklaunch key square so it doesnt overlap in portrait. Change signal bars to ICS as requested.(no grey bars just blue). Mini app tray icons themed and mini phone app themed. (small "quirk" because of the way dialer shows favorites in the background, if you have favorites, they might show up over the dialer, simply tap the number field to get dialer keys. also when dialing a number in your contacts they're image will show up behind dialer keys. this is due to the clear button background and tiny background size. Neither of these things should affect it from functioning 100%. Also fixed number buttons in call : removed grey background. And custom sound for volume rocker added.

2.14.12 found out how to make more room for battery icon (set to 30.0dip for vertical battery), and made status bar clock brighter.

2.7.12 small fix: removed extra battery percent in status bar panel pop up. see screenie attached here. also included launcher with transparent page dots. just numbers are shown in app drawer as well.

2.5.12 "Easter Egg" version uploaded. and Beta tag removed.

jan. 30th. hopefully this is the last "fix", replaced some .9's with stock, the only one you'll probably notice is the menu divider lines aren't blue they are stock grey, which is a bit easier on the eyes anyways. I hope this works for everyone. I will need your feedback. thanks.

ICS Phone and Contacts and MiniPhone!.... http://db.tt/0wh8WnkO

Mini phone: when dialing a recognized number your contacts will appear behind keypad numbers, to hide the dialpad simply scoll up and down in the upper right corner of list. To get keypad back, touch in number textfield. Functions exactly as stock, just looks different.
    Good lord, I need to edit my theme for this stuff. I've been so cought up with my GNex that I havent even touched my tab or theme! Lol.

I'll get to updating this week.
    here it is.
    batt % was already transparent in pop up panel. got confused when I was testing with stock.

I left the signal icons ther 3G/H. you can barely see them. they might give you a idea what speed youre getting.

you can try to remove them if you dont like. If you cant do it. I will help.

enjoy.

and I dont drink beer but I love red bulls! thanks.
    not too shabby looking if I do say so myself.. thanks for the screenies.

will add this option to OP.

I should post 3.0 softkeys and batt later today.