[Q] CPU in roms

Search This thread

J I M

Dec 13, 2011
Hello.
I was just thinking is there any ROMs That are stable with 788 MHz CPU Max speed?
And with working camera too..

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
Most roms will run at 788, it's if the cpu can take it that's the problem. The phone will freeze or reboot if it can't.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Lesicnik1

Feb 12, 2011
Slovenj Gradec
Just like Scratch said, stability at high CPU frequencies is more dependent on your CPU than it is on your ROM. Because of very very minor variation from processor to processor you might not be able to overclock it fully.

I, for example, can't overclock it to 768MHz without it being unstable, while on 729MHz it runs normally.

J I M

Dec 13, 2011
Just like Scratch said, stability at high CPU frequencies is more dependent on your CPU than it is on your ROM. Because of very very minor variation from processor to processor you might not be able to overclock it fully.

I, for example, can't overclock it to 768MHz without it being unstable, while on 729MHz it runs normally.

Most roms will run at 788, it's if the cpu can take it that's the problem. The phone will freeze or reboot if it can't.

Ok Thanks you both.

Scratch0805

Jun 18, 2011
Sheffield
I've Got 768MHz+ working stable with those ics ports etc, but with other roms it freezes sometimes @ 768..

I don't think it's a rom problem though, I've used every rom and had them all at 768 without any problems, I don't see the need to oc anymore than 633 now though for what I use the phone for.

LucidSomnia

May 28, 2011
Paphos
I oc to 768 when playing a game or so without having any problems. But really expept that you don't need more than 691. It's too much already.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5