[ROM]B-Rom V7.00 and V0.02(Updated 07/07/2010)[WM6.5.5 Build 23569]

Search This thread

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
B-Rom V7.00

B-Rom V7.00 Preview

previewv.gif

I have put a lot of effort into this rom:D If you would like to send me a beer donate below:)

What's New

B-Rom V7.00
-changed to build 23569
-changed pagepool to allow rom to be faster;)
-redone mylight skin to look more like htc notifications
-file explorer crashing with arctask fixed (need people to test this:))
-added arctask skin (thanks showtime7)
-microsoft tag now works (press next 3 times then accept then yes)
-microsoft bing fix has been added (Thanks L_miller)
-added clear storage back to setting>system
-icontact removed
-internet choice removed
-added HTC random access
-removed HTC EZ keyboard
-added HTC diamond keyboards
-swype removed

B-Rom V6.00
-changed to build 23566
-Bell mortscript allows you to install self serve with ease
-Contact manager chooser (mortscript - Start Menu\Utilities) thanks l_miller:)
-Start Menu organizer (mortscipt - Start Menu\Utilities)
-Titanium Theme Selecter (Mortscript - right soft key while highlighted on Titanium clock)
-PIM Backup
-WinRaR
-Speed Boost
-Version Checker (Mortscript - Start Menu\Utilities)
-Titanium Weather Fix
-Internet Chooser (Mortscript - Start Menu\Utilities)
-Internet explorer removed (can be added back using Internet Chooser Mortscipt)
-Arktask replaced with Quick Menu
-More Icons Added

note:all the mortscripts included in this rom have been written by me.

B-Rom V0.02
-added HTC random access
-removed HTC EZ keyboard
-added HTC diamond keyboards
-microsoft tag now works (press next 3 times then accept then yes)
-microsoft bing fix has been added (Thanks L_miller)
-added clear storage back to setting>system

B-Rom V0.01
-Bare bones
-build 23569
-MS Tag Reader
-Windows 6.5 Widgets
-HTC Album 2.5
-HTC Audio Manager With MP3 Trimmer
-Manila 2D
-HTC Vogue Camera
-HTC Black Theme
-Google Maps 4.1.0 (Thanks L_miller)
-Bing 5.1.2010.5040 (Thanks L_miller)
-Bluetooth PAN Fix
-File Explorer Extension
-HTC Keyboard (Will be changed with a landscape capable keyboard soon)
-All My Icons
-PIM Backup
-SMS Skin
-Titanium Weather Fix

Last edited:

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
You may want to add a note on how to get rid of the vibration since you have Showcase in your rom. I haven't tested your rom, but it probably vibrates when you press on either of the lower corners of the screen (Start and Close buttons).

I just checked out the screenshots at ppcgeeks and I have to say, I like the icons that you are using. Did you cook them in the rom or are they included in the "Icon Activator' cab?

One last thing, there really is no need to flash to the latest stock prior to flashing a rom. The important part is to have the device unlocked.

Other than that, welcome to the forum :)

Last edited:

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
You may want to add a note on how to get rid of the vibration since you have Showcase in your rom. I haven't tested your rom, but it probably vibrates when you press on either of the lower corners of the screen (Start and Close buttons).

I just checked out the screenshots at ppcgeeks and I have to say, I like the icons that you are using. Did you cook them in the rom or are they included in the "Icon Activator' cab?

One last thing, there really is no need to flash to the latest stock prior to flashing a rom. The important part is to have the device unlocked.

Other than that, welcome to the forum :)

alright thank you for the pointers :) and the icons are cooked into the rom but you need the icon activator to add the registry keys to be able to see them. I didn't want to overwrite the stock icons in case someone doesn't like the new icons.

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
alright everyone. I would like to know what you would like to see in the next update. Be it applications, icons, anything let me know

codf4ther

Sep 12, 2009
alright everyone. I would like to know what you would like to see in the next update. Be it applications, icons, anything let me know

I've been using your rom regularly for the last few days and I really like it. Here are my suggestions (in order of priority)
#1) Use a sys from the 23XXX series (Outlook view by threads option)
#2) Set your alternate keyboard to be the default (default MS keyboard sucks)
#3) Total Commander
#4) Long Press End Key from Mega
#5) Remove Showcase (it conflicts with some package I'm installing...let the user install whatever TM they want)
#6) HTC Menus?

The following I add by cab after flashing so are not such big deal, but you might want to look into them. If you need links to any of these let me know and I'll send it over. One option would be to add XDA_UC to the rom so we can just throw these cabs in a folder after a flash.
#7) Mega Bluetooth Manager (BT systray icon)
#8) 4 column start menu
#9) EzInput 2.1 from Mega
#10) MS Voice Command
#11) Livven SimpleGloss themes (with Hero options)
#12) Advanced Config 3.3
#13) Titanium Weather plugin
#11) Update MS MyPhone to 1.5.2410
#12) Mortscript
#13) ArcSwitch Task Manager

Last edited:

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
I've been using your rom regularly for the last few days and I really like it. Here are my suggestions (in order of priority)
#1) Use a sys from the 23XXX series (Outlook view by threads option)
#2) Set your alternate keyboard to be the default (default MS keyboard sucks)
#3) Total Commander
#4) Long Press End Key from Mega
#5) Remove Showcase (it conflicts with some package I'm installing...let the user install whatever TM they want)
#6) HTC Menus?

The following I add by cab after flashing so are not such big deal, but you might want to look into them. If you need links to any of these let me know and I'll send it over. One option would be to add XDA_UC to the rom so we can just throw these cabs in a folder after a flash.
#7) Mega Bluetooth Manager (BT systray icon)
#8) 4 column start menu
#9) EzInput 2.1 from Mega
#10) MS Voice Command
#11) Livven SimpleGloss themes (with Hero options)
#12) Advanced Config 3.3
#13) Titanium Weather plugin
#11) Update MS MyPhone to 1.5.2410
#12) Mortscript
#13) ArcSwitch Task Manager

do you happen to have a cab for htc menus that works with wm6.5.3?

codf4ther

Sep 12, 2009
Thanks

I haven't had a chance to flash this rom yet, but I wanted to reach out and say thanks for being so responsive to things I put on that wish list last week.

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
no problem, the new rom is a real treat and it has been the most downloaded version. Also if anyone you like to commit on it, don't be afraid:D

egzthunder1

Would there be any problems tethering with Bell with this release? ie will i be charged?

If you don't have internet service, you will not be able to. However, if you do have a data plan (make sure it is unlimited), you should have no problems doing this. Will you be charged? More than likely unless you have unlimited data.

egzthunder1

sorry I missed your post. but ya egzthunder is right if you have unlimited data plan or mobile browser as many companies say you will be in the clear.

One point that I forgot to clarify. Many companies will be able to tell if you are tethering based on the type of usage that you are getting (keep in mind that most of them can actually see what you are doing online), so there is a chance that you will get charged if you are trying to tether without the plan add-on.

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
One point that I forgot to clarify. Many companies will be able to tell if you are tethering based on the type of usage that you are getting (keep in mind that most of them can actually see what you are doing online), so there is a chance that you will get charged if you are trying to tether without the plan add-on.

if your with bell your safe for sure. I tether without being charged all the time:D

codf4ther

Sep 12, 2009
I'm not a big fan of the boot screen. I'm not sure why cooks feel the need to customize it. Change the welcomehead.96.png image if you want to personalize things, that way people can easily change it out if they don't like it.

I can't get some of my usual cabs to install without losing start menu items. I'm guessing its the cab I use for 4 icon wide start menu, but I'm not sure. I'm doing a hard reset to see if I can find it. The icon set you use looks great, but man its taking me forever to find things. I guess I was just hardwired visually to the old icons.

Last edited:

brandonledski

Nov 25, 2008
i have never heard of this tether safe hack. internet sharing just borrows the phones Internet connection so the company only see it as your cellphone is on the net. However, if you download too much they might have reason to look into you.