[SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA

Search This thread

KMDonlon

Feb 22, 2011
Over my head unfortunately but I am surprised there are no .zips floating around yet....usually the pre-rooted deodexed .zips turn up rather quickly :confused:

KMDonlon

Feb 22, 2011
I am a memeber over there and have yet to see anyone post a pre-rooted deodexed .zip of 4.5.621.... ???

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
So I have tried to download the above "Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip" file 2 times now and it is only around 15MB. Shouldn't it be a lot larger? The shadow version download is around 161 MB. I am not having any luck with either SBFing my Droid X (containing System Version 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US. It already has .621 on it but for some reason after the OTA update my rooted DroidX's wifi disconnects immediately after connecting. Thought I would try and start from scratch. I'm a newbie with this kind of thing.

Help!

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
Sure did. Just did it again. The compressed zip contains the following subdirectories: META-INF, patch recovery, system and a few files...15.1 MB total. I read on some other posting that this an "update" file ank not the full SBF. Not sure what it updates?? I tried flashing my DroidX with the SBF listed as the second download on the first page of this thread, but it fails the flashing. The Bootloader screen on the DroidX says that its completed, but RSD Lite says the opposite. When I reboot, it comes up in it's previous state with all data intact, etc.

I just want to start over with a fresh .621. No data and hopefully a functioning wifi. What's this update file all about?

Anyone??

dusthead

Apr 11, 2010
so who's actively searching for a root method for the DX and how do i contribute to their coffee fund??

coming from an Eris, a new friend just upgraded his phone to a thunderbolt and gave me his DX...only to find it's completely upgraded stock and there's no root for it :T beggers can't be choosers.

sjmoreno

Dec 19, 2010
DFW, TX
There's a root method on Rootzwiki.

Can you post a link? I've looked on RootzWiki and what I've found is all saying that there is no root method for .621 (which is what this thread is about).

Update: found the thread and possible root method being reported but the Dropbox the sbf file is being hosted on is locked due to high amount of traffic.

The method basically involved sbf-ing from .621 to a Milestone .604 sbf file and running a manual exploit to gain root and then from there you can install the Droid 2 Bootstrap and then flash any ROM you want on your Droid X.

A user named bukolov1 from the Ukraine is the one that originally posted this method.

Last edited:

Skelente

Aug 17, 2011
Can you post a link? I've looked on RootzWiki and what I've found is all saying that there is no root method for .621 (which is what this thread is about).

Update: found the thread and possible root method being reported but the Dropbox the sbf file is being hosted on is locked due to high amount of traffic.

The method basically involved sbf-ing from .621 to a Milestone .604 sbf file and running a manual exploit to gain root and then from there you can install the Droid 2 Bootstrap and then flash any ROM you want on your Droid X.

A user named bukolov1 from the Ukraine is the one that originally posted this method.

I posted this in DX general in the update thread there, but to expand on what you've said you MUST run the 604 SBF using SBF_Flash on Linux, or else you will flash your baseband and lose 3G Data! Also, the SBF and root (zergurshv4) have been rehosted to mediafire.

Skelente said:
I suggest anyone who has SBF'd to 621 or done the OTA and lost root, to check out this thread on RootzWiki. It isn't root for 621, but its a viable workaround. What was found was that an SBF for the milestone X (sbf 604) could be flashed over 621, and then zergrushv4 could be used to root that. Now to do this you MUST use SBF_flash on Linux, otherwise you will flash your baseband and your data will not work (this can be corrected by a call to VZW asking them to reprovision your data). Once on this 604 your phone will report as a Milestone, but you can install BSR/CWM and flash over to a *GB* rom (froyo roms will not work, IIRC) and after that it'll report as DX (this can also be achieved using a build.prop edit, but who really wants stock? If you do just want stock and you do this build.prop edit, you will need to freeze/remove the updater or else it'll freak and try to update and bug you incessantly.) Hope this helps! I've got a dx2 personally but I've been following this thread hoping to glean some information for when our next update drops (which was supposed to happen like a week ago... -__-)

Reactions: sjmoreno

|| Acer ||

Oct 21, 2010
Chicago
So I have tried to download the above "Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip" file 2 times now and it is only around 15MB. Shouldn't it be a lot larger? The shadow version download is around 161 MB. I am not having any luck with either SBFing my Droid X (containing System Version 4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US. It already has .621 on it but for some reason after the OTA update my rooted DroidX's wifi disconnects immediately after connecting. Thought I would try and start from scratch. I'm a newbie with this kind of thing.

Help!

I'm getting this 15 MB thing too. This being my friend's Droid X, I want to make sure that the file is right. Can anyone else confirm before I flash this in stock recovery for him?

chefdave12118

Dec 11, 2010
Mechanicville
www.faldonis.com
I bought a Droid X from someone here on xda. While I'm not a noob to android I am a noob to bootstrap, leaving the phone plugged in at certain times etc.

The X I bought came with Cm9 on it. Can someone give me the easiest way to sbf the X? I don't need it rooted or a custom recovery on it, I just want it stock.

Thanks guys :)

Chef

Sent from my Xyboard using XDA Premium

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
I bought a Droid X from someone here on xda. While I'm not a noob to android I am a noob to bootstrap, leaving the phone plugged in at certain times etc.

The X I bought came with Cm9 on it. Can someone give me the easiest way to sbf the X? I don't need it rooted or a custom recovery on it, I just want it stock.

Thanks guys :)

Chef

Sent from my Xyboard using XDA Premium

I can't post direct links now, but this should suffice: http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1Y...sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&q=droid+x+sbf

Be sure to SBF to .621.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: chefdave12118

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA

Android 2.3.4

Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43768661/Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

SHA1 - BC856DDB6B53A6D5679EAC369397A3DC58B0B273

MD5 - A27203C8FBC4B0C2505AFE3E700E6264

SBF - 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/2yj...-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

Compression MD5 - 946DEB6D7B3DF95FE56F5FC05D4934B5

SBF MD5 - 2E6E3DFD86C37D58E3D809C9453E2FA4

POSSIBILITY OF NO DOWNGRADE TO EARLIER VERSION ONCE YOU UPDATE !!!!!!!!

Firmware Downloads:

Atrix 2 Firmware---ATRIX Froyo Firmware---ATRIX Gingerbread Firmware---Defy Plus MB526 Firmware---Defy MB525 Firmware---Milestone 2 A953 Firmware---MB632 Pro Plus GSM---Verizon Firmware---XOOM 3G---XOOM WiFi---Milestone 3 Firmware---XT910 Firmware
    Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!

I was running stock .605 with root via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 and then did the the OTA update to .621 and after it was done and rebooted I still had root. If you're on stock .605 I would strongly recommend you root it via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 script (Google it) to root it and then take the OTA .621 update to keep root.

Update: After reading a response below to this post I decided to try and see if I could get root access with any new apps that were not installed prior to the .621 update and I have discovered that I cannot. So user trebuchet76 had the right suspicion that I didn't really have root anymore but rather the apps I had installed prior to the .621 update that had root kept it after the update but new apps will not get root access.
    Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!
    There's a root method on Rootzwiki.

I posted this in DX general in the update thread there, but to expand on what you've said you MUST run the 604 SBF using SBF_Flash on Linux, or else you will flash your baseband and lose 3G Data! Also, the SBF and root (zergurshv4) have been rehosted to mediafire.

Skelente said:
    I suggest anyone who has SBF'd to 621 or done the OTA and lost root, to check out this thread on RootzWiki. It isn't root for 621, but its a viable workaround. What was found was that an SBF for the milestone X (sbf 604) could be flashed over 621, and then zergrushv4 could be used to root that. Now to do this you MUST use SBF_flash on Linux, otherwise you will flash your baseband and your data will not work (this can be corrected by a call to VZW asking them to reprovision your data). Once on this 604 your phone will report as a Milestone, but you can install BSR/CWM and flash over to a *GB* rom (froyo roms will not work, IIRC) and after that it'll report as DX (this can also be achieved using a build.prop edit, but who really wants stock? If you do just want stock and you do this build.prop edit, you will need to freeze/remove the updater or else it'll freak and try to update and bug you incessantly.) Hope this helps! I've got a dx2 personally but I've been following this thread hoping to glean some information for when our next update drops (which was supposed to happen like a week ago... -__-)