what is the easiest method to put the stock recovery back on my phone
all im trying to do is get the 4.2 update

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
i relocked my bootloader before i put stock recovery back on my phone

No way other than Unlocking and Flashing the Stock recovery........

Bcause once u lock the bootloader u loose the rights to flash the kernel or recovery from the fastboot..........

denial4242

Jan 25, 2014
made some progress

when you guys say to read the threads before posting a question you were rite took me a few hours but i got it unlocked again
i used eztoolkit advanced to unlock and reflash stock recovery image
but when i went into my bootloader and went to recovery it comes up with a picture of a phone and a swirling green arrow not sure what the heck that is

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
when you guys say to read the threads before posting a question you were rite took me a few hours but i got it unlocked again
i used eztoolkit advanced to unlock and reflash stock recovery image
but when i went into my bootloader and went to recovery it comes up with a picture of a phone and a swirling green arrow not sure what the heck that is

Well that means u are in the Stock recovery.......

U will have to juggle around with the Volu Up and Volume Down at sometime the useless options of the Recovery will show up......

Anyways there is nothing much u can do with stock recovery so leave it alone......

denial4242

Jan 25, 2014
Spoke too soon now ive got the orange triangle of wont boot into any recovery have to hold down the power key to reboot time to do more searching

droids@m

Dec 16, 2012
Bangalore
Spoke too soon now ive got the orange triangle of wont boot into any recovery have to hold down the power key to reboot time to do more searching

BTW what is that u want to do with the Stock recovery........:confused:

If u are trying to Update to the 4.2.2 OTA

U already have the Stock recovery.....unroot if u are still rooted and relock the bootloader and try to update it must go smooth.......

Reactions: denial4242

ethanon

Aug 21, 2010
i relocked my bootloader before i put stock recovery back on my phone

If you have the stock recovery bacup jut go to your android platform tools and run (the recovery image should be in the same folder as that of your fastboo)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img .

Else you can download "recovery tool" from play store and flash your saved stock recovery image

denial4242

Jan 25, 2014
still no luck

im not sure if its something im doing or just not having the rite kinda luck
this has been the hardest phone ive ever had to upate i wont be able to get the actuall ota cause im not on att
im pretty sure everything on my end is correct bootloader relocked some kinda stock recovery htc sync manager seems ok with the drivers just not sure been working on this for a few weeks now the main reason for me wanting to update is i beileve i will be able to get 4g lte speeds with the new updat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BTW what is that u want to do with the Stock recovery........:confused:

If u are trying to Update to the 4.2.2 OTA

U already have the Stock recovery.....unroot if u are still rooted and relock the bootloader and try to update it must go smooth.......