[Q] Point and Shoot cameras still viable?

Search This thread

WilhelmPrice

Apr 29, 2012
Antipolo City
So I've been noticing a lot of Smartphones, especially the flagships have really great photos. One of my family members or maybe even me might get one of these flagships soon and it'll be nice to have that as our main camera device but another possibility is that we'll get a cheaper smartphone and a point and shoot in just around the same price as one flagship phone so...

With the cameras of current flagships such as G2/G3, S5, Note 3(excluding those types such as K Zoom, Lumia 1020), is it more cost efficient to just use that as both a phone and a camera or is it better to just buy a seperate point and shoot while getting a cheaper smartphone?

And given we'll be considering stuff like the Lumia 1020, K Zoom, would they completely make getting a point and shoot not viable altogether?

Criteria here is mostly the ability to control ISO, details, lowlight photos. This is more of a curiosity kind of question

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
So I've been noticing a lot of Smartphones, especially the flagships have really great photos. One of my family members or maybe even me might get one of these flagships soon and it'll be nice to have that as our main camera device but another possibility is that we'll get a cheaper smartphone and a point and shoot in just around the same price as one flagship phone so...

With the cameras of current flagships such as G2/G3, S5, Note 3(excluding those types such as K Zoom, Lumia 1020), is it more cost efficient to just use that as both a phone and a camera or is it better to just buy a seperate point and shoot while getting a cheaper smartphone?

And given we'll be considering stuff like the Lumia 1020, K Zoom, would they completely make getting a point and shoot not viable altogether?

Criteria here is mostly the ability to control ISO, details, lowlight photos. This is more of a curiosity kind of question

Honestly if you want to get a galaxy s5 you should grab a s4 instead there is very little difference in the phones and is still a great phone. the Galaxy k just looks just as good as a Galaxy Camera, the Galaxy camera NX is supposed to be a great point and shoot as in with what you want in Iso control, and other Settings. i think you should grab a S4 and one of the three Galaxy cameras or a Nikon Coolpix S800c/S810c (both run android). currently my S800c just arrived and photo shooting wise is Alright its defiantly not perfect but its a great camera, the videos it takes are AMAZING 10/10 MUCH WOW SUCH GREAT PHOTO. only bad parts some apps randomly close, it does not have the best android specs but it does the job. the Battery life is supposed to be terrible as well but i haven't noticed anything too bad, ordering another spare battery. mine the s800c runs gingerbread 2.3.3 but the s810c runs 4.2.2 and i wouldn't know the other differences since this one was a little cheaper, the s810c is supposed to be the same price which the first galaxy camera is so i would recommend the galaxy camera over the nikon any day. whatever you end up doing i hope you enjoy it!