* new title menu
* new font
* parallax backgrounds
* new UI layout
* new theme menu
* helicopter tilting
* improvements in performance
* option for changing game quality

Please try it out and let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions.

Last edited:

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
very nice :)
The trackball gives me more control than the touchscreen on my N1

I'd like to see background as pure black instead of gray. Will look into the theming part.

fahim_k

Jan 10, 2010
very nice :)
The trackball gives me more control than the touchscreen on my N1

I'd like to see background as pure black instead of gray. Will look into the theming part.

Ok, I will make the background black in the next update. Thanks for trying it out and for the feedback. There is also a tutorial that I posted here on the forums if you are interested.

Snoduz

Jul 5, 2008
Montreal
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. It's a fun game; I used to be addicted to a similar version of the game (flash-based) a long time ago. This might turn out to be equally addictive, unfortunately. :)

One thing though: The collisionbox on the helicopter is a bit inaccurate, leading to annoying crashes where it looks like you're going to make it past an obstacle... but then you don't :p

fahim_k

Jan 10, 2010
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. It's a fun game; I used to be addicted to a similar version of the game (flash-based) a long time ago. This might turn out to be equally addictive, unfortunately. :)

One thing though: The collisionbox on the helicopter is a bit inaccurate, leading to annoying crashes where it looks like you're going to make it past an obstacle... but then you don't :p

Thanks for testing it out, there is a problem with the collision detection because by mistake there are extra transparent pixels in the helicopter. Since I implemented a box collision it is counting the transparent pixels, there will be major fixes coming to the game next week and someone from the forum has volunteered to help with the graphics (and they are also working with me to improve the overall quality of the game)

fahim_k

Jan 10, 2010
Just added an update a few days ago with some major changes. I am planning to have a local high score leader board in the next version.

I am also thinking about writing a GUI theme maker but I would like to know first if anyone is interested in designing their own themes for the game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenNew.png

Helicopter Game on Android Market

Recent Changes:
    * gradient caves and walls
    * new title menu
    * new font
    * parallax backgrounds
    * new UI layout
    * new theme menu
    * helicopter tilting
    * improvements in performance
    * option for changing game quality

Please try it out and let me know if you have any feedback/suggestions.