[Depreciated][Player 5]Bluetooth Patch (22/08/12) and Camera (WIP!!!!!) for ICS ROMs

Search This thread

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Bluetooth has been fixed in 4.2.x. Please refer to the new camera thread for current development on fixing the camera: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42095519#post42095519

Bluetooth Fix and Camera Fix thread for ICS ROMs for the Galaxy S Wifi 5.0/Player 5

Bluetooth has been fixed. Camera fix is a WORK IN PROGRESS
depreciated
Bluetooth Working on:

Bluetooth Not yet working on:
  • ICS Crumble 1.6
  • AOKP? - Still untested. If you are intersted in testing please PM me

Download:

Bluetooth Patch

Installation Instructions
  1. Flash an ICS rom - RemICS-UX v1.3.3 and the modified version of JackpotClavin's rom already have bluetooth
  2. Flash the zip file
  3. Reboot and turn on bluetooth
  4. Profit :D

Thanks
  • gmillz
  • Ratchewer
  • Team Remics
  • Google
  • CyanogenMod Team (Crespo and Galaxy S MTD)
  • Team Hacksung

Last edited:

DZonikg

Apr 11, 2012
Kragujevac
Confirm working on paranoid rom

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345638387887.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345638387887.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,210
Reactions: Higgs_Boson

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
I have tested the Bluetooth patch alongside of ICS Crumble, and unfortunately it is still unresponsive. But, don't give up. I am confident that you can patch it for AOKP. You have done what no other has. Thanks to you, CM9 is that much more functional with Bluetooth.

Do I see a camera patch in the near future? ;)

Yeah I already tested it on ICS Crumble. I'll try and find a way to make it work on AOKP. Regarding the camera I have a rough idea in my head of what I could try to get it to work, so it is possible. I know gmillz is also trying to get the camera to work

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Yeah I already tested it on ICS Crumble. I'll try and find a way to make it work on AOKP. Regarding the camera I have a rough idea in my head of what I could try to get it to work, so it is possible. I know gmillz is also trying to get the camera to work

My bad. I took "not working on" ICS Crumble/AOKP to be one in the same. So, I figured I'd try it on ICS Crumble since it's AOKP. Didn't mean to muck up the post.

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
So its down to two missing things with our ICS.... Great job dude! How did you manage to not break other stuff though?

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
So its down to two missing things with our ICS.... Great job dude! How did you manage to not break other stuff though?

I think the way JackpotClavin's rom was modified didn't work with other roms so I had to modify some files slightly to get it to work. Just trial and error really

I'm fixing the device tree and vendor files. Then I'll update my rom and push to github. Thanks again

Awesome!

On a side note, I know why the camera is broken but I don't know how to fix it. I've told gmillz about my suspicions and we will be working on trying to get it working

Last edited:

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
Why don't we move HAL module to a place Camera.apk can reach it? We can mod the camera app to find the module in the directory we put it in. Would it work or no?

EDIT: The way I see it is, Camera tries to load HAL module and HAL module connects to actual camera hardware. There would be a problem when HAL module can't connect to camera hardware right?

Last edited:

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Why don't we move HAL module to a place Camera.apk can reach it? We can mod the camera app to find the module in the directory we put it in. Would it work or no?

EDIT: The way I see it is, Camera tries to load HAL module and HAL module connects to actual camera hardware. There would be a problem when HAL module can't connect to camera hardware right?

Yeah but I don't think there is a HAL module. We need to find the Nexus S camera drivers and stick them into our kernel.

Reactions: ken2kold

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
Big thanks to you supermaster. Now if only we can get hands free profile working I will be set again thanks to all of your effort well done guys

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app

Arlicc

Apr 27, 2011
I think the HAL module is somewhere in the kernel. Also the galaxy tab appears to have the most similar camera

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
try to get camera's libs from Galaxy S i9000 ICS or other devices with the same exynos.
The problem is most likely in libcamera.so and similiar cam's libs.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
try to get camera's libs from Galaxy S i9000 ICS or other devices with the same exynos.
The problem is most likely in libcamera.so and similiar cam's libs.

Yeah I've tried it and it still doesn't work for some reason. I tried the GB camera drivers and it still didn't even boot. I'm going to try and use some files from the Nexus S as it is closer to the player 5 than the SGS

Reactions: LEGION76

Arlicc

Apr 27, 2011
Yeah I've tried it and it still doesn't work for some reason. I tried the GB camera drivers and it still didn't even boot. I'm going to try and use some files from the Nexus S as it is closer to the player 5 than the SGS

GB's libs dont work at 100%, i have tried sereval times, Nexus S and Galaxy S have the same procesor like SGP5, but SGP5 has also similar chips to galaxy note/SGSII.

The first what we have to get is... full specyfication of SGP5, we can send a mail to samsung, or seartch somewhere, if we will get it, we will be able to work effective.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
GB's libs dont work at 100%, i have tried sereval times, Nexus S and Galaxy S have the same procesor like SGP5, but SGP5 has too similar chips to galaxy note/SGSII.

The first what we have to get is... full specyfication of SGP5, we can send a mail to samsung, or seartch somewhere, if we will get it, we will be able to work effective.

I should ask Samsung to help me with my touchwiz rom XD. Then we can have a fully working official ICS rom (If only). I mean their only reason for not giving the i9000 ICS was that touchwiz didn't fit on it...

Last edited:

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012
Well, for what it's worth, I speak Korean; and will see if I can find some detailed specs on the SGP 5.0 somewhere. I'll try digging around for them some time after work, but don't hold your breath.

Reactions: Supermaster34

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Well, for what it's worth, I speak Korean; and will see if I can find some detailed specs on the SGP 5.0 somewhere. I'll try digging around for them some time after work, but don't hold your breath.

Thanks. I don't think its specs we're missing though. We know what CPU, GPU and board we have. What would be really useful is some kernel drivers that work on ics

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bluetooth has been fixed in 4.2.x. Please refer to the new camera thread for current development on fixing the camera: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42095519#post42095519

Bluetooth Fix and Camera Fix thread for ICS ROMs for the Galaxy S Wifi 5.0/Player 5

Bluetooth has been fixed. Camera fix is a WORK IN PROGRESS
    depreciated
    Bluetooth Working on:

Bluetooth Not yet working on:
    • ICS Crumble 1.6
    • AOKP? - Still untested. If you are intersted in testing please PM me

Download:

Bluetooth Patch

Installation Instructions
    1. Flash an ICS rom - RemICS-UX v1.3.3 and the modified version of JackpotClavin's rom already have bluetooth
    2. Flash the zip file
    3. Reboot and turn on bluetooth
    4. Profit :D

Thanks
    • gmillz
    • Ratchewer
    • Team Remics
    • Google
    • CyanogenMod Team (Crespo and Galaxy S MTD)
    • Team Hacksung
    i know that this forum dont like this kind of questions but is the camera project is close to end?i just wanna know if to flash to an ics rom because i need the camera.
    im not rushing or anything i just wanna know so i will decide to flash ics rom or not.if the project gonna be end long time from now i will stay with the GB

Tbh I have no idea when it will be fixed. All I can say is the camera will be fixed once some devs get around to fixing it.

I tried RemixICS UX 1.3.3 on my US GPlayer 5.0 and Bluetooth does indeed pair with my Jabra Clipper, but sound doesn't come through it but the external speakers.

It's a common issue?

Thank you.

From my GNote. That's all.

Yeah it seems that music streaming to a Bluetooth headset doesn't work atm. I'll see what I can do about it

I have tested the Bluetooth patch alongside of ICS Crumble, and unfortunately it is still unresponsive. But, don't give up. I am confident that you can patch it for AOKP. You have done what no other has. Thanks to you, CM9 is that much more functional with Bluetooth.

Do I see a camera patch in the near future? ;)

I think the way JackpotClavin's rom was modified didn't work with other roms so I had to modify some files slightly to get it to work. Just trial and error really

I'm fixing the device tree and vendor files. Then I'll update my rom and push to github. Thanks again

Awesome!

On a side note, I know why the camera is broken but I don't know how to fix it. I've told gmillz about my suspicions and we will be working on trying to get it working