[ROM][12/5/14] CleanROM 2.0 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Refreshing! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010
Welcome back Scott hope that you had a great time on you trip.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I remember reading some where that keyboard switcher has been disabled on this ROM. I need it to switch between a Chinese keyboard and SwiftKey. Is there a solution or alternative to this issue?

I really appreciate the tip on that, but how do I change between different keyboards. I use a keyboard called "Lime" for Chinese, and "Swiftkey" for English.

The only thing I can find is a widget that'll change the default keyboard for Android, so I have to exit out of the app, toggle the default keyboard, then go back to what I was doing.

Do you need free tether? If not then you can use the stock one from a stock ROM...

Here is bone stock framework-res.apk with no tether or IME mods...

Download: HERE!

Just flash it and wipe dalvik cache. I beleive that should get you back in business.

If you need tether... You will have to wait on that... Just got home...

Reactions: xterra91

Scott

Welcome back Scott hope that you had a great time on you trip.

Thank you!

I had a great time, hadnt seen my family in about 3 or 4 years.

Had one issue and that is missing connecting flights in Minneapolis. So that caused me to be behind a day. Meh, what are you going to do?

I am officially back!

Reactions: highdro

oilfighter

Nov 17, 2005
Do you need free tether? If not then you can use the stock one from a stock ROM...

Here is bone stock framework-res.apk with no tether or IME mods...

Download: HERE!

Just flash it and wipe dalvik cache. I beleive that should get you back in business.

If you need tether... You will have to wait on that... Just got home...

Hi Scott,

Welcome home, hope you had a good vacation. Yeah, I do need the tether, but no worries, when ever you have time to mod a Framework, I'll flash it then.

Thanks again for this great ROM and all your hard work.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome home, hope you had a good vacation. Yeah, I do need the tether, but no worries, when ever you have time to mod a Framework, I'll flash it then.

Thanks again for this great ROM and all your hard work.

Tomorrow for sure. Too burnt out tonight.

Also when I say tether I mean free tether. That will still work if you pay for tether from Verizon

topgun303

Sep 19, 2010
springfield va
Hey Scott I am a big fan of your roms. If possible can you plz put together a rom for us T-Mobile note 3 users.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Scott

Hey Scott I am a big fan of your roms. If possible can you plz put together a rom for us T-Mobile note 3 users.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Scott is it possible to port over at&t ROMs ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I opted to hold off on the other variants because they all have 4.4.2 leaks and I cannot flash or test a 4.4.2 ROM on my Verizon bootloader. Hence I cannot even make a 4.4.2 ROM for Verizon even though I know I could if the bootloader was not locked.

So at this time... I am deciding to only develop for Verizon at this time.

Reactions: xterra91

kenmorgan

Mar 3, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Hi Scott, I just wanted to say thanks for the great rom. Been running CleanRom on my Galaxy S3 for over a year and now I upgraded to the Note 3 because I knew there was a CleanRom for it also. I am gonna go back to the other forum and flash CleanRom 8 on my GS3 and give it to my wife to replace that silly Iphone of hers. These roms that you make are soo much better than the crap that Vzw puts out. It makes all the difference in the world. I don't know if I would even by a phone that didn't have a CleanRom version anymore.
So thanks again for all the time and work that you put into CleanRom for the Note 3, and the GS3 ! Donation gladly sent. Especially for breathing new life into the GS3 !

Scott

Hi Scott, I just wanted to say thanks for the great rom. Been running CleanRom on my Galaxy S3 for over a year and now I upgraded to the Note 3 because I knew there was a CleanRom for it also. I am gonna go back to the other forum and flash CleanRom 8 on my GS3 and give it to my wife to replace that silly Iphone of hers. These roms that you make are soo much better than the crap that Vzw puts out. It makes all the difference in the world. I don't know if I would even by a phone that didn't have a CleanRom version anymore.
So thanks again for all the time and work that you put into CleanRom for the Note 3, and the GS3 ! Donation gladly sent. Especially for breathing new life into the GS3 !

Thank you sir! I gave thanks in other thread as well but I am out of thanks for the day :(

But your donations is very much appreciated!

Nappyloxs

May 13, 2011
I got to agree with others. Thanks Scott. You did great work for the rezound and when I heard this was your "personal rom" I had to root my note 3.

I'm actually trying to cutback on flashing but gotta have cleanrom. Now I can sit back and enjoy my phone.

Scott

I got to agree with others. Thanks Scott. You did great work for the rezound and when I heard this was your "personal rom" I had to root my note 3.

I'm actually trying to cutback on flashing but gotta have cleanrom. Now I can sit back and enjoy my phone.

Yes, the Rezound was fun phone but so much drama in that forum, lol.

And I agree. Once you flash this ROM you really dont need much else. You could wanam xposed if you want a bunch of *cough* useless *cough* features but you still have the rock solid stability and support that the CleanROM name is known for :highfive:

fredderf81

Feb 27, 2010
issue with an app crashing only with clean rom :-/

hi scott!! i have loved your roms for years now and while i try others out occasionally i always find myself back here :D i have recently noticed though that with 1.6 i have one app...only one...my citicard app that when i open it gives me an unexpected error 106 and closes. it only does it with clean rom :-/ any ideas??

Reactions: ilpleasu

johnnyv5

Oct 12, 2006
Android OS more then screen time

Not sure if anyone else is having this on this ROM and am aware of an issue just no fix that has been suggested is working for me. If someone else is or had this issue how did you resolve it with this ROM?

jv

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010

Once you flash CR 1.6 trust me you will say to yourself. . Wow! Where have I been.

You want have a need to flash another Rom unless you don't care about ( PSP ) Performance Stability and Perfection. Flash CR 1.6 and enjoy. :cool:

Reactions: Nappyloxs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N3-CR2.0.png

about.png

• CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!
    • CleanROM is not loaded down with unnecessary tweaks or themes.
    • CleanROM is for retail Note 3's with Safe Strap Installed! It can also be used on the Developer phone by flashing a stock nc2 Kernel
    • CleanROM is powered by SuperSU by @Chainfire

features.png

• Seriously Debloated!
    • Unlocked tether (You don't have to be on a tether plan to use it)
    • Able to turn off camera shutter sound off
    • init.d support
    • Essential S-Pen Apps remain
    • FS Trim on install and reboot
    • init.d support
    • Stock Android Setup
    • Nexus 6 Ringtones
    • Stock Samsung Boot Animation (bye bye VZW)
    • Stability that is nothing short of legendary!

changes.png

Version 2.0.0 - Official Release - 12/5/2014
    • Rebuilt on Verion 4.4.2 NC4 base but requires NC2 Kernel
    • Removed Almost all Verizon and Samsung, and Google Bloat. Some bloat can be added back in via flashable zips in post #2. Others can be downloaded in play store.
    • Essential S-Pen Apps remain
    • Removed more bloat and logging than in the Beta test
    • FS Trim on install and reboot
    • init.d support
    • Updated all apps
    • Stock Android Setup
    • All new posts start HERE!

installation.png

• Must be unlocked with Safe Strap Recovery 3.75 by Hashcode HERE!
    • Ensure you have NC2 Kernel
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Select Stock ROM slot
    • Factory reset (for best results)
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

thanks.png

• Chainfire, BeansTown106, Hashcode

Download HERE!
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Donations are greatly appreciated but not expected!
    Important Info!
    • You must install the complete Safe Strap Recovery version 3.75. Recommend installing on Stock Slot. Make back up FIRST!
    • Tether will work with or with out a plan. It still uses your data. Of course Verizon knows your tethering. Its there network!
    • Cant see your accounts in settings? Switch to "Tab View"
    Additional Downloads

All Add-Ons can be found here: [Add-Ons] - CleanROM 2.x Add-Ons (Removed / Optional Apps)
    Long story short... Without the gruesome details...

I'm back jack!

Expect an update this weekend!
    His Note 3 is listed on Swappa. I suspect it won't be there for long so we better say our goodbyes..... :crying:

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

And just like that..... It's sold. Take care Scott! :cowboy:

Holly crap! Do people stalk me on Swappa? lol :D

But yes, the phone sold in 15 minutes because I low balled everyone. I bought a One Max as you know... and I also picked up an HTC One M8 (just relased today).

Im not sure which I will keep.

However, the Note 3 is sold and shipped....

Therefore, this ROM is open to anyone who wants it as a base... You can do as you choose. However, a thanks out to me in your OP would be appropriate.

Its been great working with all you guys...

See you on the next phone!