[Q] Only Download Mode

Search This thread

nutuprofe

Jan 29, 2010
Tbilisi
About Month ago, I installed Kitkat Mod, working normally, (some little bugs. e.g Phone name I9070 replaced I9070P - My phone is I9070)
I had rooted also... well... yesterday, suddenly phone hang up, I restarted phone and voila! It began to boot up by flashing the normal samsung galaxy s advance screen, but it continually flashes over and over and wont start. I tried everithig - custom rom, stock rom (may be same), f**king room, everithing tried many times, but it continually flashes sumsung logo again... and it goes only download mode... (using Vol down+Home+Power) Vol Up+Home+Power not working to go in recovery mode... also wont work "vol up+down and plug in" (i searched and founded it in google). this is my problem... please help me anybody... what can I do?

---
my english is like my phone' condition... sorry about it...

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Thanks for Reply... Tried already... but... :/
and... in my country Service Center is **** :/

I had this problem too when i installed first time cm 11.But i used ODIN to go back.Sometimes,for me phone dont boot first time after i restored stock jb with ODIN (but i was able to go in recovery),and i restored again and it booted.Btw,if dont boot first time,but recovery is working,then go in recovery and flash something,as i think you dont want stock jb.Dont go to Service Center yet.Be calm and follow guide to flash stock jb with ODIN.

Reactions: nutuprofe

nutuprofe

Jan 29, 2010
Tbilisi
I had this problem too when i installed first time cm 11.But i used ODIN to go back.Sometimes,for me phone dont boot first time after i restored stock jb with ODIN (but i was able to go in recovery),and i restored again and it booted.Btw,if dont boot first time,but recovery is working,then go in recovery and flash something,as i think you dont want stock jb.Dont go to Service Center yet.Be calm and follow guide to flash stock jb with ODIN.

thanks for help...
I'm using oding too... many times installed many rooms, i installed rom what i had before and working properly but dont boot again...
I dont know what i can to do again... i think , tried everything :mad: :(
what do you think, what can i do now?

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
thanks for help...
I'm using oding too... many times installed many rooms, i installed rom what i had before and working properly but dont boot again...

Try to flash stock jb 4.1.2 two times,one by one and be sure that you follow guide correctly.Also,you are sure that your s advance is GT-I9070 and not GT-I9070P?

nutuprofe

Jan 29, 2010
Tbilisi
aaaaah... no results... :/ i'd tried and tried but after downloading and restarting logo apears and dont load :/ again this F**king issue :mad:
I download official firmware for my phone but no result

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
aaaaah... no results... :/ i'd tried and tried but after downloading and restarting logo apears and dont load :/ again this F**king issue :mad:

Flash stock JB firmware, after installation is finished go to recovery mode and do factory reset.

It happen to me too when I do not do factory reset, get stuck on Samsung boot animation.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
HOME_I9070XXLQ4_I9070SERLQ4.tar.md5

I went from XXLQ4 to this that I use now. You will not have a problem by using this version.

http://d-h.st/36o

Download and try with it. So your volume up key is fine? When you get in download mode you hit it to enter in it?

And after installation in Odin - it goes to recovery to finish installation? Do you see that Android with open stomach?

Similar to this, maybe it is on the other side...

Galaxy-S3-Android-System-recovery-Mode_thumb.jpg

nutuprofe

Jan 29, 2010
Tbilisi
I went from XXLQ4 to this that I use now. You will not have a problem by using this version.

Download and try with it. So your volume up key is fine? When you get in download mode you hit it to enter in it?

And after installation in Odin - it goes to recovery to finish installation? Do you see that Android with open stomach?

okay, i'll download it and will try now... my VolUp is working well
after instalation, phone restarting (because I have checked auto reboot in odin) restarting and after showing samsung logo nothin' goin' on
(if I have unckecked auto reboot and i manualy rebot phone same happened)
i cant see android with open stomach, because, I cant to go in recovery mode..
i'll try and post here results

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル

If he still cant boot / go in recovery with firmware which you gave him, is possible to extract stock jb (.tar),put cocore kernel (version with recovery) then make it .tar again and flash in odin? I think will work and he will be able to go in recovery.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
If he still cant boot / go in recovery with firmware which you gave him, is possible to extract stock jb (.tar),put cocore kernel (version with recovery) then make it .tar again and flash in odin? I think will work and he will be able to go in recovery.

Yes, but it will increase binary counter. If he has warranty. Sounds like there is something wrong with kernel partition... Installation does not go to recovery after finishing steps in Download mode.

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока

#Henkate

Feb 1, 2012
フェアリーテイル
Yes, but it will increase binary counter. If he has warranty. Sounds like there is something wrong with kernel partition... Installation does not go to recovery after finishing steps in Download mode.

Послато са GT-I9070 уз помоћ Тапатока

He will can reset binary counter,then it have warranty again :D Can you do what i said in my previous post? I dont have access to my pc right now...

@nutuprofe : i tell you again,dont give your phone to Service Center,as i think you can solve it. And what version of ODIN you use?

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
He will can reset binary counter,then it have warranty again :D Can you do what i said in my previous post? I dont have access to my pc right now...

@nutuprofe : i tell you again,dont give your phone to Service Center,as i think you can solve it. And what version of ODIN you use?

I found some previous version of CoCore for JB (can't remember version) I made before. @nutuprofe can try with it. But again, if it fails - he can't reset binary counter if he can't boot...

Attachments

• CoCoreOdin.tar
    8.3 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

nutuprofe

Jan 29, 2010
Tbilisi
thanks guys for help... i'll try again
my odin version is 3.07... but when i was at work, in my work pc i had 1.3 & 1.7 versions and i tried here too and no result... odin isnt problem...
@shut_down - i never give my phone to Service Center, as i think i can solve it and if i cant, service center cant too because i know our service center opportunity (may be it right word :D)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you try it to flash stock Jelly Bean?
    If you can enter ONLY in download mode, that is the single solution, before Service Center.
    Thanks for Reply... Tried already... but... :/
    and... in my country Service Center is **** :/

thanks for help...

Try to flash stock jb 4.1.2 two times,one by one and be sure that you follow guide correctly.Also,you are sure that your s advance is GT-I9070 and not GT-I9070P?

Flash stock JB firmware, after installation is finished go to recovery mode and do factory reset.

It happen to me too when I do not do factory reset, get stuck on Samsung boot animation.
    no results again... :(
    Have i chance to save my phone? :(

You have tried to downgrade to GB with that guide? If you did I think there is nothing you can do now other than to take phone to service center. Maybe motherbord got broken or something... I am not sure, just guessing. But sure it is not normal that you do not get recovery after flashing stock firmware.