[Q] Nex4 shows [USB] charging on all chargers

Search This thread

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
PROBLEM SOLVED

for some reason my new nexus 4 charges on USB mode no matter what charger i use, now here is the weird part...

i have 2 motherboards, one from a previous nexus 4 and when i drop the motherboard into the phone without changing usb port or anything, it will show it is charging on AC for the proper chargers (Wall chargers).

can the motherboard really control the charging rate? i thought it would be a usb port problem, but nope, works fine on my older motherboard which has Carbon 4.3.1 , my newer one is running Carbon 4.4 , ill try to make a nandroid and flash another rom to check if its just rom (which wouldnt make much sense but whatevs).

any input, tips, or advice would be awesome

btw, im using the default battery option in the settings app to check if it is USB or AC , so if anyone knows any apps to confirm rate that would be cool too

UPDATE: tried CM 11, yep it was my rom (carbon 4.4) and or kernel (Faux U31), i wonder why though

Last edited:

Zehlek

for some reason my new nexus 4 charges on USB mode no matter what charger i use, now here is the weird part...

i have 2 motherboards, one from a previous nexus 4 and when i drop the motherboard into the phone without changing usb port or anything, it will show it is charging on AC for the proper chargers (Wall chargers).

can the motherboard really control the charging rate? i thought it would be a usb port problem, but nope, works fine on my older motherboard which has Carbon 4.3.1 , my newer one is running Carbon 4.4 , ill try to make a nandroid and flash another rom to check if its just rom (which wouldnt make much sense but whatevs).

any input, tips, or advice would be awesome

btw, im using the default battery option in the settings app to check if it is USB or AC , so if anyone knows any apps to confirm rate that would be cool too
+1 I get that all the time and I use the default nexus 4 charger they came with it. I have to enable force fast charge a lot of times

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
+1 I get that all the time and I use the default nexus 4 charger they came with it. I have to enable force fast charge a lot of times

yeah i've tried enabling fastcharge on faux but it doesnt seem to do anything really, something's probably up with carbon 4.4 its still new and the carbon team's server is down right now so there wont be new builds till atleast this weekend, i guess i can suck it up intill i figure out my problem its only charging which normally i only do while i sleep, if i switch to any other rom it has to be feature filled like carbon, carbon basically has a little bit of everything (before 4.4 update which broke compatibilty) thats why i like it.

EDIT: Redownloaded Carbon 4.4 (latest nightlty is 2/5/14 as of now) and i Didn't flash faux and AC works perfect... im slowly but surely solving my own problem, im gonna redownload faux and see if that is what is causing the USB speed chatting

Update: found the solution to my problem, it was faux kernel, but in the sense that if you leave fast charging on FORCE AC it won't do ****, it will actually then make everything charge at USB speed, so put it on disabled like I needed to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zehlek

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Mh but i had the same problem, but on stock!
It turned out that my ac to usb adapter was like too weak for the phone or whatever, amyways if i use the adapter of my panasonic digicam, it works just fine

---------------------------------
Phone : My new Nexus 4!
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)
---------------------------------

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yeah i've tried enabling fastcharge on faux but it doesnt seem to do anything really, something's probably up with carbon 4.4 its still new and the carbon team's server is down right now so there wont be new builds till atleast this weekend, i guess i can suck it up intill i figure out my problem its only charging which normally i only do while i sleep, if i switch to any other rom it has to be feature filled like carbon, carbon basically has a little bit of everything (before 4.4 update which broke compatibilty) thats why i like it.

EDIT: Redownloaded Carbon 4.4 (latest nightlty is 2/5/14 as of now) and i Didn't flash faux and AC works perfect... im slowly but surely solving my own problem, im gonna redownload faux and see if that is what is causing the USB speed chatting

Update: found the solution to my problem, it was faux kernel, but in the sense that if you leave fast charging on FORCE AC it won't do ****, it will actually then make everything charge at USB speed, so put it on disabled like I needed to do.