[Q] Neken N6 - Rebranded iOcean x7?

Search This thread

cdilga

Mar 1, 2014
I have recently purchased a Neken N6 and am looking to install a ROM, specifically CM. MIUI has unofficial support for the Neken N6, though CM does not. The Neken N6 looks exactly the same as the iOcean x7. Exactly the same in every way I have been able to check so far, exept that the back plastic on the Neken has a different brand, and is cut in a different way for the speaker, and the Neken N6 has a 16gb internal memory, while the iOcean only seems to have 4gb (comparing the youth versions).

Is the Neken N6 a rebranded iOcean x7, and more importantly, can I get an iOcean ROM on the Neken?
I have little experience with custom ROMs but am keen to have a shot at it, if the iOcean ROM could possibly be ported (easily?) to the Neken.
After all the Neken has the same processor, gpu etc. so a port should not be too hard as I understand.

SAEN

Feb 26, 2007
I have recently purchased a Neken N6 and am looking to install a ROM, specifically CM. MIUI has unofficial support for the Neken N6, though CM does not. The Neken N6 looks exactly the same as the iOcean x7. Exactly the same in every way I have been able to check so far, exept that the back plastic on the Neken has a different brand, and is cut in a different way for the speaker, and the Neken N6 has a 16gb internal memory, while the iOcean only seems to have 4gb (comparing the youth versions).

Is the Neken N6 a rebranded iOcean x7, and more importantly, can I get an iOcean ROM on the Neken?
I have little experience with custom ROMs but am keen to have a shot at it, if the iOcean ROM could possibly be ported (easily?) to the Neken.
After all the Neken has the same processor, gpu etc. so a port should not be too hard as I understand.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I tried a lot of roms, but the only one that came through was a (very) chinese one, not rooted and no Gapps...

cdilga

Mar 1, 2014
Not a rebranded iOcean x7

I have examined my own neken now that it has arrived, and had a look at the iOcean x7 pictures. The body of the phone seems to be identical, though slightly different speakers, cameras and sim setups have been used. The photos explain everything. 3.bp.blogspot.com/-R53mEmLNy_o/Uai6ARSKEyI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/aujjIequW0A/s1600/DSC_0348.JPG

img.focalprice.com/860x666/MH/MH0732/MH0732W-5.jpg

Likely, a manufacturer offered slight a customization of the iOcean to neken, similar to what seemed to happen with all of the Galaxy Note clones. I am not sure whether a ROM would work though, as I have not been able to find any really good specs on either phone. I have not been able to compare the stock ROM's either, though on neken,cn (sorry can't post links yet) there seems to be a link, but I can't seem to download it. I have got an iOcean ROM though, I guess I could compare the two if I was able to get hold of even the stock neken one. I am not really sure if the source of the neken ROM is on the website, as it is in chinese and I have to use Google Translate. I tried contacting the email listed on the neken,cn website to no avail.

Aside from the differences in the images, I can't really make any detailed comparisons. Hopefully I can get in touch with someone with an iOcean x7.