[Q] Weird Note 3 Bootup/Lock Screen Issue

Search This thread

jeffderek

Mar 5, 2012
I have a Galaxy Note 3 running stock firmware on TMobile. It is not rooted or anything special.

I'm running into an issue where whenever it boots up, it comes up quickly, but Bluetooth and Wifi are not enabled (even though they were before when it shut down). Also, the screen lock button doesn't do anything, so there's no way to lock the screen. If I hold down the screen button, it does bring up the Power menu, so I know the physical button is fine.

If I just sit and wait, Bluetooth and Wifi do eventually come on, but it could take hours. Alternately, if I just hit the home button and lock button a lot in no particular order, eventually the lock button will randomly work, and the screen will lock. When I unlock the screen, I can see Wifi and Bluetooth coming on. Somehow the lack of a functional lock screen button and the wifi and bluetooth not turning on are tied to eachother, but I don't really understand why.

Tonight my phone was being a little laggy, so I restarted it, and I wasn't thinking about this bug so I just put it in my pocket while it rebooted. It started up, but since I wasn't paying attention to it I didn't get the lock screen working and the wifi and bluetooth on. When I finally pulled my phone out about an hour later the battery was at 8%. I looked at battery stats, and the battery use is attributed to

Android OS 28%
Media Server 27%
Android System 12%
Screen 8%

Those stats make me think something is getting all hung up when it boots up and causing the OS to just spin and burn battery.

Any ideas? I don't even know where to start. I've googled a lot but it's hard trying to figure out what the right phrase is, since most of my googling results in people who don't like their lock screen or can't get their wifi to connect.

Thanks in advance

J

zelenko

Jun 4, 2010
Skopje
I have a Galaxy Note 3 running stock firmware on TMobile. It is not rooted or anything special.

I'm running into an issue where whenever it boots up, it comes up quickly, but Bluetooth and Wifi are not enabled (even though they were before when it shut down). Also, the screen lock button doesn't do anything, so there's no way to lock the screen. If I hold down the screen button, it does bring up the Power menu, so I know the physical button is fine.

If I just sit and wait, Bluetooth and Wifi do eventually come on, but it could take hours. Alternately, if I just hit the home button and lock button a lot in no particular order, eventually the lock button will randomly work, and the screen will lock. When I unlock the screen, I can see Wifi and Bluetooth coming on. Somehow the lack of a functional lock screen button and the wifi and bluetooth not turning on are tied to eachother, but I don't really understand why.

Tonight my phone was being a little laggy, so I restarted it, and I wasn't thinking about this bug so I just put it in my pocket while it rebooted. It started up, but since I wasn't paying attention to it I didn't get the lock screen working and the wifi and bluetooth on. When I finally pulled my phone out about an hour later the battery was at 8%. I looked at battery stats, and the battery use is attributed to

Android OS 28%
Media Server 27%
Android System 12%
Screen 8%

Those stats make me think something is getting all hung up when it boots up and causing the OS to just spin and burn battery.

Any ideas? I don't even know where to start. I've googled a lot but it's hard trying to figure out what the right phrase is, since most of my googling results in people who don't like their lock screen or can't get their wifi to connect.

Thanks in advance

J

Why you dont flash again your original firmware via odin ? If a software problem i think need be solved.