Applying themes! the noob friendly instructions and help thread

Search This thread

GODSPD

Nov 3, 2012
Gold Coast
Based on current poll results close to 60% of all Android users have no idea how to apply custom themes, icons, widgets ect... on their phone, for the last few days I have been trying to find some information on this topic but finished with no luck, im sure these instructions been posted many times in the past or on page ######/84573895739 lol, even with basic internet searching there is no pages or threads found that explain the process...but seriously speaking with your help I would like to put together a noob guide on this subject and request it as a sticky.

Poll Results:
Do you use custom themes?

Yes, I know how and I use them 1,459 38.53%
No, I know how but I choose not to use them 249 6.58%
I don't know how to change themes 2,079 54.90%

based on these results I am not the only one who has no idea how to get my phone looking exactly the same as posted here...

1) how to apply install any icon pack from .zip file obtained here, could someone please give me some basic noob instructions where exactly to place the .zip or extracted folder? how to install them/apply them? and can I use them with Next launcher? if not I can use a different launcher - which you recommend that is best for custom themes?

2) if someone has patience with this being asked a millionth time please give me dummy steps to get my phone looking exactly like the following SC 73 theme found here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42485887&postcount=2113

3) If I manage to install the icons how the hell do I get the widgets looking the same? Is it something to do with the zooper widget app?

4) On another note, these theme require UCCW? how on earth do I get my phone looking like any of the following here?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=43085671&postcount=2293&nocache=1&z=4107321248570039

Im sorry to ask these simple questions but there is no instruction found anywhere grrrr so with your help ill put together a simple step by step guide for others like me :)