[Q] People Can’t hear owner when in a call

Search This thread

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 about a month ago. Last week I began having a problem with the phone. When a call comes in, whether I make it or if its incoming, I can hear the person on the other end fine but they can’t hear me. I turned the volume all the way up and that hasn’t worked. It is not the area I’m in, because it has happened in different areas.
Do you have any solutions to this?

jeaniturrizaga

Jul 5, 2011
I had the same issue. I was never able to fixed or the tmobile store. We change the mic several times and nothing. So I got an ear blue tooth and forgot about it. If you put it on Speaker works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jazzmachine

Jan 9, 2013
Chicago
I had an issue that was similar, but not the same. When I was at home on wifi and answered calls, I could hear the caller but they couldn't hear me (said there was weird squeaking noise or something). Answering calls when not on wifi gave me no issues, but my apartment is a total dead-zone so I really need wifi calling.

I just fixed it today actually by doing two things: turning OFF power saving mode, and turning off the voice control that deals with answering calls and such. I'm not sure if just one or both of those steps were necessary, but wow, F power saving mode! I thought my phone was pretty fast before, but w/ power saving mode off it just absolutely blazes. I've had pretty awesome battery life on 4.3 Tweaked ROM w/ Saber kernel, so I don't think I'll mind a battery hit in exchange for the ridiculous performance I'm seeing.

Back to your problem, I've heard of people solving issues by cleaning the microphone with a toothpick or something. Are you able to use the mic for voice recording or voice commands or anything? If you're having a hardware problem with the mic, an exchange might be necessary.

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
I had the same issue. I was never able to fixed or the tmobile store. We change the mic several times and nothing. So I got an ear blue tooth and forgot about it. If you put it on Speaker works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks for your Info but I don't like using ear bluetooth all time. I want to another solution if you have. Thanks