[Bootanimation] XDA Developers bootanimation v2

Search This thread

Masterface7

Dec 31, 2007
This is great, very smooth on my Epic 4g.

Nice!
Great landscape 600x1024! (SGT7)
Why the f would you put a zip in a rar? And why use rar at all?

Cheers!

A zip is inside the rar becuase the thing has to be a zip to work as the boot animation. He used a rar becuase it is a better compression format and leaving the bootanimation file by itself for download would allow the possibility of a bad download. Then people might put corrupt files onto the system of their phone. Since it is in a rar if the bootanimation.zip can be taken out that means it is whole and intact.

Last edited:

cthonctic

Apr 30, 2010
Stuttgart
The youtube clip in the OP isn't viewable in Germany because GEMA, our national copy of RIAA are fascists. :mad:
Any chance you could host the clip somewhere else or reupload it without the allegedly offending soundtrack? Would like to check the visuals out before pushing it into my system.

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
The video is not available in Germany because the music rights.

Sorry about that, I'll change the settings next time (it's also not available on mobile devices)...

Edit: reuploaded video and posted on OP, not sure if this new version can be viewed tough

Last edited:

mcmb03

Feb 24, 2011
LEGIT!! Tested 480x800 on my Infuse and works great!! thanks a ton!

TheWeirdOne

Aug 31, 2011
For some weird reason, that 320x480 rar doesn't seem to work on my phone, not at all. :|
Oh, and I'm using a galaxy ace (that's 480x320 to you), and it's running on jas's icecreamsunday 2. I did everything, replaced that file in system/media with the one you gave, but when I boot it up, it just displays that 'Android' sign.

edit: I'm such an arse. I can't believe that I forgot to extract the zip -__-

Last edited:

Hasan10

Oct 20, 2009
Hey, thats an awesome boot animation!

I just got a question; I have a galaxy S i9000, which version do I get? And how do I install it ? :eek: I would really love to show support for XDA because I love this community :)

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
768x1024 please for HP Touchpad :)

Added 768x1024 & 1024x768 version to OP. Please let me know if it works.

Hey, thats an awesome boot animation!

I just got a question; I have a galaxy S i9000, which version do I get? And how do I install it ? :eek: I would really love to show support for XDA because I love this community :)

Galaxy S i9000 is 480 x 800 pixels. Installation location below, but you'll need to have root access to your phone...

Installation:
Use Root Explorer or adb to copy the zip file to:
- /system/customize/resource on HTC Sense ROMs
- /system/media on other ROMs

Top Liked Posts