[Q] Default data toggle widget, disable "Allow data traffic?" message

Search This thread

StKiller

Apr 4, 2012
Hi,

I like the default data toggle widget and I use it a lot. But there is a problem - when I enable the network data, there appear a big message - "Allow data traffic? .....".
It annoys me, as I see it at least 5 times per day. Is there any way to disable it ? I am even ready to root the device for that :)
P.S. Yep, I know that there are other alternatives on the market but this is the last way I would count on.

Thank you in advance.

rishi06

Oct 5, 2010
well I wish we could! It's driving me insane, having to click the damn thing everytime. I KNOW it's going to cost me money to use teh data connection, I have an internet plan thank you very much.
That and the "Oh noez you switched data off!" notification on statusbar are annoying the hell out of me.

BleeDK

Apr 7, 2012
Markham
Maybe just assuming that with root access one can alter a variety of things in the OS. But yes that message is hella annoying and really should be shown only the first time.

I don't see other phones do this and my old phone either so there must be a way...

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

StKiller

Apr 4, 2012
Well, I realized that is more interesting to write my own data toggle widget. Mobile data and WiFi already works, with no warnings :)

Abandoned-Trolley

Nov 10, 2008
Essex
Well, I realized that is more interesting to write my own data toggle widget. Mobile data and WiFi already works, with no warnings :)

Most annoying for me is the GPS warning one :( Never had it before on my Desire.

Even when using a Sony Smarttag to automate the turning on of the GPS you still get the warning dialogue. Annoying as hell.

dipish

Apr 19, 2012
Those warnings annoy me too! I wish I could get rid of them... And they do pose a problem if I want to automate tasks, what were Sony thinking of???

anthon

Apr 11, 2008
They should add an option "Don't remember again" when that message appears.

It's ok to advice you the first time you turn on Data, but is necesary to say the same thing five times a day?

If you add to your phone the notification toggles, the message will not appear if you turn on/off data from there. (With 2011 Xperia was so)

Last edited:

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
I can understand why someone would turn off data, but why turn off GPS? As long as you don't have an app open that actually uses GPS, it doesn't do anything.

I personally NEVER turn off GPS, Data, NFC, ... The only switcher I ever use is WiFi.

DarrenCarol

Apr 10, 2012
Essex
www.gettherightsim.com
If your rooted you can freeze certain apps...I found you can disable the unsupported headphones notification by freezing the following app:

com.sonyericsson.unsupportedheadsetnotifier

Theres probably one on there that causes the notifications for 3G data toggle, but I've not found it so far yet.

And yes, I do agree that the notifications are a tad annoying!

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Does it still ask even when youre using the NFC tags?

Cause they just updated the NFC app with adding on Data traffic and stuff. anyone tried? and i just ordered NFC tags on ebay. :S

Last edited:

BigPhil

Mar 21, 2007
Nuneaton
Does it still ask even when youre using the NFC tags?

Cause they just updated the NFC app with adding on Data traffic and stuff. anyone tried? and i just ordered NFC tags on ebay. :S

Just tried it and you do not get a message for turning data on.

Enabling GPS still gives a message. This annoys the hell out of me because their advert for smart tags clearly shows this as a use case.

[shameless plug]

If you find you need more tags, or your want some cheap ones you can stick to things (including ones designed to be stuck to metal), just buy blank ones (about 60p each) and use my new app for turning them into Xperia SmartTags

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vexedbadger.smarttagmaker

[/shameless plug]

rodrigoqwer

Oct 24, 2012
I have the same problem

Anyone realized how to solve this? I need this message not to show because i'm using cerberus app and if my phone it's stolen and i need to remote control it i don't want the thief to be asked if he agree the message

steamrollerpark

Jan 19, 2014
This works perfectly, the "Attention: Mobile data ...." warning does not appear every time you connect with this widget.

Great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try Widgetsoid. You can create your own widget that one give that dialog. And loads of other handy ones, like batt/cpu info, flashlight, screen-on lock etc.