Modified Root App (Virus Warning)

Search This thread

omer7

I m on cataclysm Rom and Semaphore kernel. I was not sure whether tbis issue was kernel or rom related, so thought to put this question in this thread.

On opening trickstermod app, i m getting the following warning (plz see screenshot):

uploadfromtaptalk1392495120137.jpg

Is this some generic warning? Coz i never got this b4 (or may b didnt notice it). I dint modify any app.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

omer7

I'm unsure... even though they say that there, I do not get this warning. Do you have a virus scanner? (I know, horrible bloated things for phones) might be worth getting one and having a poke around just to make sure?

No, don't have any anti virus in my phone.

But after restarting my phone and removing Super SU access from SuperSU (app), I'm not getting this warning again.

I also read in some other thread, that this is false positive (but that post was about a year old), so not sure why did i get that error, but now not getting it.

Lets see how it goes now :cyclops:

Monotoko

Dec 29, 2012

But after restarting my phone and removing Super SU access from SuperSU (app), I'm not getting this warning again.

I also read in some other thread, that this is false positive (but that post was about a year old), so not sure why did i get that error, but now not getting it.

You removed SuperSU access from the SuperSU app? It's the SuperSU app that was generating the warning, warning you of another app that may have been modified. I don't think root access will work without SuperSU having root...

Reactions: omer7

omer7

You removed SuperSU access from the SuperSU app? It's the SuperSU app that was generating the warning, warning you of another app that may have been modified. I don't think root access will work without SuperSU having root...

I didn't know which app (whether ROM/Kernel) was causing this issue, I read in some other thread where someone said, clear data (and cache) of trickstermod app and restart your phone (in addition, I removed trickstermod root access in SuperSU app as well). Restarted my phone, got that warning once or twice again I think, but checked it again, and this warning was no more there. I am still not sure what this warning is. Coz I didn't modify any app.

In that thread (link posted above) someone said, it is just a warning. Hope it is not an issue. :confused: . And I'm checking it, not getting this warning again, so could be it was a false positive. :confused:

And tell me is this warning given by SuperSU app? I've SuperSU (by ChainFire) app installed in my phone.

Monotoko

Dec 29, 2012
I didn't know which app (whether ROM/Kernel) was causing this issue, I read in some other thread where someone said, clear data (and cache) of trickstermod app and restart your phone (in addition, I removed trickstermod root access in SuperSU app as well). Restarted my phone, got that warning once or twice again I think, but checked it again, and this warning was no more there. I am still not sure what this warning is. Coz I didn't modify any app.

In that thread (link posted above) someone said, it is just a warning. Hope it is not an issue. :confused: . And I'm checking it, not getting this warning again, so could be it was a false positive. :confused:

And tell me is this warning given by SuperSU app? I've SuperSU (by ChainFire) app installed in my phone.

Ah, yes it certainly looked like a regular SuperSU informational (like "root access was granted") and if I was to hazard a guess I would say that SuperSU noticed something had changed and thus gave you the warning. There will be something that triggers the warning, so your next course of action would be to find out what triggered it. It isn't something that will come up randomly or "for everyone"

You can maybe check the SuperSU logs?

Last edited:

omer7

Ah, yes it certainly looked like a regular SuperSU informational (like "root access was granted") and if I was to hazard a guess I would say that SuperSU noticed something had changed and thus gave you the warning. There will be something that triggers the warning, so your next course of action would be to find out what triggered it.

Yeah checked the Logs, just found info of app(s) which were granted SuperSU app.

ANyway hope it was just a false positive, but searching some other threads as well to find some more info... :eek:

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If the rom comes rooted with any build in superuser, you don't have to flash SuperSU anymore. It will only create conflicts.

omer7

Lol, pro-tip here. XDA app has no thanks limit. ;) Btw, it's good if you have solved your problems. :)

Thanks for the tip, and yeah it works. :fingers-crossed:

ANd problem not really solved, just I'm not getting that warning anymore, and I'm assuming it was a false positive or may be something else. I've done some search on google and XDA, i could only found 2 ppl who got the same warning.

I'm glad I'm the 3rd one. :cowboy: Lol ... (I know there wud b many other, didn't search too many pages)

Reactions: arffrhn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems only a trickstermod App issue, got my answer here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1768315&page=89

I'm unsure... even though they say that there, I do not get this warning. Do you have a virus scanner? (I know, horrible bloated things for phones) might be worth getting one and having a poke around just to make sure?

Ah, yes it certainly looked like a regular SuperSU informational (like "root access was granted") and if I was to hazard a guess I would say that SuperSU noticed something had changed and thus gave you the warning. There will be something that triggers the warning, so your next course of action would be to find out what triggered it. It isn't something that will come up randomly or "for everyone"

If the rom comes rooted with any build in superuser, you don't have to flash SuperSU anymore. It will only create conflicts.
    Sorry, can't press thanks button, reached limit :fingers-crossed:

ANd I'm on Cataclysm ROM, and it came with SuperSU (app by ChainFire).

Lol, pro-tip here. XDA app has no thanks limit. ;) Btw, it's good if you have solved your problems. :)