[Tool] Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher v0.8 - [MF - MBF] [Update:7th JUL]

Search This thread

dellwole

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks for your hardwork UK sheep, but I am having a problem. I installed v4 but I am only getting the stock recovery menu. I had no problems downloading your tool and installing my version (318) was easy. I am sure it is me but someone please tell me what I am doing wrong

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a question. I am currently on streadroid 1.9 would I be able to go to 351 stock recovery by just flashing the 351 recovery on here and updating with the latest firmware? By the way my streak was on att 1.6 but now on 1.9 dj steves.

UKSheep

Feb 10, 2005
Berlin
Thanks for your hardwork UK sheep, but I am having a problem. I installed v4 but I am only getting the stock recovery menu. I had no problems downloading your tool and installing my version (318) was easy. I am sure it is me but someone please tell me what I am doing wrong

After the StreakModRecovery flash the Streak reboot. If the buttons begin to light up you must press vol+ vol-. Then 2. with Camerabutton.

I have a question. I am currently on streadroid 1.9 would I be able to go to 351 stock recovery by just flashing the 351 recovery on here and updating with the latest firmware? By the way my streak was on att 1.6 but now on 1.9 dj steves.

Yes

best regards

UKSheep

geek65535

Jan 5, 2010
Don't see why it cannot be converted for a mac

UKSheep can you look into it please or if you haven't the time i will see what i can do :)

I've added support for Linux and Mac by creating a shell script and adding the fastboot binaries for Linux and Mac. I haven't tested on Mac, though, as I don't have one handy.

www . megaupload . com/?d=EK6YVHRV (Sorry for the chopped up link. I haven't posted 8 times yet, so I can't post an outside link directly.)

BTW, thanks, UKSheep, for the utility. I updated the version to 0.5 to keep it separate from your v0.4.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKSheep

rvbarton

Jan 19, 2009
Euless, Texas
www.facebook.com
I tried this tool (V4), but it didn't work. I would fastboot and start the tool, select option 8 ( for 2.2.2/351 ), and itwould flash the recovery tool, but that's it.

Was I supposed to already have the update.pkg for 351 on my SD card?

I finally created the update.pkg file, and flashed recover 309, then updated that way, but I"m curious how this file is supposed to work if it doesn't have the version file update.pkg file.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I tried this tool (V4), but it didn't work. I would fastboot and start the tool, select option 8 ( for 2.2.2/351 ), and itwould flash the recovery tool, but that's it.

Was I supposed to already have the update.pkg for 351 on my SD card?

I finally created the update.pkg file, and flashed recover 309, then updated that way, but I"m curious how this file is supposed to work if it doesn't have the version file update.pkg file.

Yes u need the update.pkg on your SD card.

Sent from the Almighty Dell Streak 1.9.0

lexo1a

Dec 15, 2008
Bay Area
OK i finally flashed the recovery for 351 (i had to run the program in C: and manually update the driver for fastboot to recognize) so every thing went fine- the streak said recovery downloaded then it rebooted (i have the 351 update.pkg in my sd card) i then went into recovery(holding both vol keys n power then second option) to flash official 351 but there was an error boss or something which i think is the baseband error still i am on official 340 rooted i have never had dj steves or nothing else originally came from official at&t 1.6 . Can some please point me in the right direction it would be gladly appreciated thank you all

Last edited:

lexo1a

Dec 15, 2008
Bay Area
The recovery image will be overwritten by the stock recovery each time you restart your phone if you are on a stock ROM. You need to rename the file install-recovery.sh to something else (such as install-recovery.sh.bak) to prevent this. The file is in the folder etc and you need root access to rename the file. You can use root explorer or an alternate method to rename the file.

Also the first screen will appear the same. You have to select option 2 on the first screen to see the streakmod options. See this picture gallery.

should i do this if i flash from 340 stock recovery to 351 stock recovery in order to update the official 351 update.pkg?
update:just finished installing perfect by holding the volume keys right after the 351 recovery flash first boot ............so I'm guessing that by renaming install-recovery.sh could of also done the trick but who knows i didn't go that route anyways thanks to everyone who make this awesome stuff possible for noobs like myself.....351 is a big step from 340 at least for me the internet is so much faster and stage UI is even more beautiful and way faster and responsive..................one problem still since 340 is the market makes the data connection flicker for some reason at startup but fixes itself after a few seconds not a huge deal but kinda of a bug so again i ask for direction i seen a few people with the same problem but no solution thanx again.

Last edited:

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
I've updated my phone numerous times by putting the update file on the SD card and using a file explorer to run the package. I just used this program again to put on the 351 recovery then held vol up/down and updated through that and my phone has been on the dell logo for close to 30 minutes now.

vazovskiiii

Feb 20, 2008
Tbilisi
hi i'dont understand i;ve did everything what you write and i'ts says that it's ok and rebooting but recovery is default again :( maybe i need to push some another combination to enter in cwm recovery?

dellwole

Nov 30, 2010
The recovery image will be overwritten by the stock recovery each time you restart your phone if you are on a stock ROM. You need to rename the file install-recovery.sh to something else (such as install-recovery.sh.bak) to prevent this. The file is in the folder etc and you need root access to rename the file. You can use root explorer or an alternate method to rename the file.

Also the first screen will appear the same. You have to select option 2 on the first screen to see the streakmod options. See this picture gallery.

I am guess I need to do this so my streak stops going into the default recovery mode, but when I tried renaming the file I get a "renaming error". I have tried other names but it still doesn't work. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what.

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
I am guess I need to do this so my streak stops going into the default recovery mode, but when I tried renaming the file I get a "renaming error". I have tried other names but it still doesn't work. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what.

You have to mount the folderread/write instead of read only.

Using Root Explorer there is a button to toggle this at the top of the screen.

Using File Expert (a free alternative) you browse to the /etc folder:

tap Menu key->More->Mount->Mount as Read Write

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
Streakmod is cwm but altered for the streak isn't it? I've never had the need to use cwm. Streakmod always worked.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

bendjlee

Dec 26, 2010
Hi all,
I am currently running the streakdroid 1.9 with baseband version GAUSB1A131800-EU

I have downloaded / extracted v5 then flashed the following two options while under fastboot.

8 for baseband 351 android 2.2.2
AND
sr to put Streak Recovery back on my device after overwriting the baseband.

after doing the above my baseband doesn't change? (i.e. baseband remains the same GAUSB1A131800-EU) am i correct to say that my first flash was unsuccessful?

can someone who has done this successfully advise what the correct baseband should read after running the flasher?

I read in an earlier posting that you need to drop the 351.pkg onto your sdcard before running the flasher.
I tried that as well... downloaded 351 (188mb) / renamed to update.pkg / copied file to root folder of my SD card / ran the flasher bat file however i ended up with the same baseband...

It would appear the flashing is working correctly as i noticed by flashing option 8, i would lose CWM/Streak recovery then running the tool to flash SR or CW option would restore the recovery console.

Thoughts, ideas?
My streak has been rebooting itself intermittedly and which is the reason i would like to update the baseband to 351 as i rather the device becomes much more stable after the update

Cheers

ramtix

Dec 2, 2010
Gladstone
Hi all,
I am currently running the streakdroid 1.9 with baseband version GAUSB1A131800-EU

I have downloaded / extracted v5 then flashed the following two options while under fastboot.

8 for baseband 351 android 2.2.2
AND
sr to put Streak Recovery back on my device after overwriting the baseband.

after doing the above my baseband doesn't change? (i.e. baseband remains the same GAUSB1A131800-EU) am i correct to say that my first flash was unsuccessful?

can someone who has done this successfully advise what the correct baseband should read after running the flasher?

I read in an earlier posting that you need to drop the 351.pkg onto your sdcard before running the flasher.
I tried that as well... downloaded 351 (188mb) / renamed to update.pkg / copied file to root folder of my SD card / ran the flasher bat file however i ended up with the same baseband...

It would appear the flashing is working correctly as i noticed by flashing option 8, i would lose CWM/Streak recovery then running the tool to flash SR or CW option would restore the recovery console.

Thoughts, ideas?
My streak has been rebooting itself intermittedly and which is the reason i would like to update the baseband to 351 as i rather the device becomes much more stable after the update

Cheers

Buddy Here is what you do..

-Choose option no8 on the recovery flasher.
-When it boots go to stock recovery (vol up and down and poweron) and flash the update.pkg from your SD card (option no.2)
-You dont have to go back to StreakMod Recovery unless you want to put a custom ROM like DJSteves 1.9.0..

thats it..I think the problem you did was you flash recovery for 351. and then flash to StreakMod..that wont change your baseband. You have to flash the "update.package" on recovery 351 not on StreakMod.

try it again and goodluck

bendjlee

Dec 26, 2010
Ah... Ok that make sense. so I need to revert my recovery to stock (option 8). flash 351 normally. Then after that its up to me if I want to drop a custom rom on top (i.e steves thread)

Buddy Here is what you do..

-Choose option no8 on the recovery flasher.
-When it boots go to stock recovery (vol up and down and poweron) and flash the update.pkg from your SD card (option no.2)
-You dont have to go back to StreakMod Recovery unless you want to put a custom ROM like DJSteves 1.9.0..

thats it..I think the problem you did was you flash recovery for 351. and then flash to StreakMod..that wont change your baseband. You have to flash the "update.package" on recovery 351 not on StreakMod.

try it again and goodluck

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I would like to invite you to try, this is my first tool, and I will appreciate suggestions.

Reminding that you should use this tool at your own risk and I am not responsible for bricking your phone or any other issue.

The reason of the tool: to flash most used recoverys!

download [MF]:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31441735&postcount=16 <- INFO

http://www.mediafire.com/?5c5bwxwz8khnoct <- Download

THX @ Strephon Alkhalikoi

how to:

1. Download MF / MRF / MBF !
    2. Extract the tool [MF / MRF / MBF] [best you unzip it to "C:\"]
    3. Start the MF / MRF / MBF !
    4. Start Streak to fastboot mode and connect via USB
    5. Make your selection

info:

Dell Streak -MultiFlasher [MF]:
    Code:
     .:: Dell Streak - MultiFlasher ::.

[fr] flash Recovery
           [fb] flash Baseband         

[r]  reboot your Streak...
           [q]  quit...

Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher [MRF+MF]:
    Code:
        .:: Dell Streak - MultiRecoveryFlasher ::.

[r111] flash Dell-Recovery   1.6/111
           [r309] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/309         
           [r315] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/315
           [r318] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/318
           [r319] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/319
           [r340] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/340
           [r345] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/345
           [r351] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/351
           [r353] flash Dell-Recovery   2.2/353
           [r354] flash Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354

[sr]   flash StreakMod-Recovery
           [cr]   flash ClockworkMod-Recovery

[r]    reboot your Streak...
           [p]    previous...
           [q]    quit

Dell Streak - MultiBasebandFlasher [MBF+MF]:
    Code:
      .:: Dell Streak - MultiBasebandFlasher ::.

[b111] flash Baseband   1.6/111
           [b309] flash Baseband   2.2/309         
           [b315] flash Baseband   2.2/315
           [b318] flash Baseband   2.2/318
           [b319] flash Baseband   2.2/319
           [b340] flash Baseband   2.2/340
           [b345] flash Baseband 2.2.2/345
           [b351] flash Baseband 2.2.2/351
           [b353] flash Baseband   2.2/353
           [b354] flash Baseband 2.2.2/354

[r]    reboot your Streak...
           [p]    previous...
           [q]    quit...

Version Dell Streak - MultiTool [MT]:
    v0.2 [coming soon]
    MultiFlasher [MRF - MBF] renamed to "Dell Streak - MultiTool"
    MultiFlasher - completely revised
    add RomDownloader
    add TweakDownloader

Version [MF]:
    v0.1
    All in one tool ! MultiRecoveryFlasher and MultiBasebandFlasher in one tool !

Version [MRF]:
    v0.8
    MultiRecoveryFlasher - completely revised
    added UpdateScript 0.1 [TestVersion]

v0.7
    rebuild the menu
    update StreakMod Recovery to recovery-v0.3.2.8-beta

v0.6.1
    Sorry ;) 2.2.2/353 = 2.2/353 THX @ TheManii
    I fixed little problem with Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354 !!! c.0.6 flash 2.2.2/351 instead 2.2.2/354 (sorry)

v0.6
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/353 & Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/354 !!!

v0.5.1
    update StreakMod Recovery to v0.3.2.7-DoctorWFix

v0.5
    geek65535 added support for Linux and Mac by creating a shell script and adding the fastboot binaries for Linux and Mac.
    I've added support for Linux and Mac by creating a shell script and adding the fastboot binaries for Linux and Mac. I haven't tested on Mac, though, as I don't have one handy.

v0.4
    add Dell-Recovery 1.6/111, 2.2.2/351

v0.3
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2/309, 2.2/315, 2.2/319 and 2.2/340

v.0.2
    add Dell-Recovery 2.2.2/345

Version [MBF]:
    v0.1
    first version of the tool...

Link for german user:
    http://www.android-hilfe.de/root-ha...f-v0-1-v0-7-v0-1-eng-update-30-06-2011-a.html

Big THX @ Bin4ry and geek65535

MfG

UKSheep

P.S. Sry for bad English
    I was bored today. Not feeling well and with no real desire to do much of anything, I figured I would dig into MultiRecovery Flasher myself and see if I could improve on it. I believe I have, but only you guys can decide if I really did. For me, this was more of a thought exercise, as the batch file itself I can repurpose for a similar project on another site dedicated to tablets. Anyway, here's my version, called MultiFlasher (Dev-Host | Mega). I'm sure some people are going to ask why I changed the name. Well, here's the changelog.

• MultiBasebandFlasher and MultiRecoveryFlasher combined into one batch file: MultiFlasher.bat.
    • Version update code and accompanying batch file removed as the original author no longer updates the script.
    • Rar and wget removed as they were used with the update code, which is no longer present.
    • Cmdnow executable removed as antivirus tools treat it as a hack tool.
    • Number of recovery images expanded, covering all available regions and Android versions.
    • Clockworkmod Recovery updated to 6.0.1.2.
    • Excessive "Echo." lines removed from batch file.
    • Redundant copies of fastboot command removed from batch file and replaced with a version utilizing variables set when making selections. This makes the batch file easier to maintain if new versions of stock recoveries are made available. While not terribly relevant for the Streak 5, this could see use with other devices.
    It simply didn't make sense to keep the name when it combines the two tools into one. Credits are given in the Readme in the zip file, but the bulk of the credit belongs to UKSheep for creating the tool in the first place. All I did was make the batch file easier to manage and expanded the number or recovery images included in the zip file.

Enjoy.
    . . . .

Now i tries ur tool n its seemed to work but still whn igo to recovery menu its jst the dell recovery menu n not thestreakmod recovery.. help me pls ..
    . . . .

Thanks!

Looks very useful for those of us that are constantly flashing back and forth as well as the novice user.

Will try it out and post my results/feedback.
    Just want to say this worked great. easy to use and understand. Wish the recovery would stick. I came from the captivate. Once I flashed clockwork from rom manager it was always there. It would be sweet if you could make that happen

Captivate (cognition rom)

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
    install-recovery.sh, located in \system\etc. Using the root-enabled file management app of your choice (I use Super Manager), rename the file to install-recovery.sh.bak. Then flash Clockworkmod or Streakmod.

If you are going to use Streakmod, you'll want to download the newest version (0.3.2.7-DoctorWfix) from the Streakmod Recovery thread. The new version fixes a major problem with nandroid backups on stock ROMs. Copy the new recovery.img that you downloaded from that thread into the Streakmod directory of Multirecovery Flasher, overwriting the original recovery.img located therein. Then follow the instructions for flashing a new recovery and you should be good to go.