21.5.11 New Updates For Samsung Galaxy S2 ....PDA:KE7 / PHONE:KE4 / CSC:KD1 (XEU)

Search This thread

turborider

Dec 1, 2009
North London
Just been rls and u can get it from kies pda:ke7 / phone:ke4 / csc:kd1 (xeu) downld and installed perfect on me but i dont know if the root is in it or not

Attachments

• SC20110521-062944.jpg
    SC20110521-062944.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4,878
Last edited:

rikc

Apr 21, 2011
Yes, thats why I havent rooted my device yet... I was expecting a number of updates to be rolled out shortly after release. Then to have to root again each time :p

rikc

Apr 21, 2011
@turborider, simonk83

Or you mean you cannot get into download mode anymore???!!! :-O

rikc

Apr 21, 2011
Ok I get it, give me a break, 1st android phone (and no I didn't use an iPhone before that)

simonk83

Apr 28, 2011
Melbourne
Ok I get it, give me a break, 1st android phone (and no I didn't use an iPhone before that)

Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Do I prefer my Android phone? Yes. Do I think the iPhone is crap? Hell no, it was an absolutely phenomenal invention and completely changed the way we use our phones.

Now, can anyone confirm that we can re-root the phone after the upgrade please? :)

CandyAndy

Jul 29, 2009
Shouldn't come as a surprise that Kies doesn't let me have this. Where can I download this update so I can update through Odin?

otacon888

Jan 15, 2008
Did anyone try rooting after this update?
The stock KE7 kernel already have been posted over at the rooting thread.

ka2uki

Aug 25, 2010
GD-SD
my phone CSC is DBT - Germany
kia the kies firmware ke2 still is the newest firmware...
waiting for the ke7 update~~

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can anybody point me to the rooting thread that contains KE7 stock kernel ? Thanks.

Dev forum.

KE7 Kernel is up and Odin Firmware package is uploading. :)
    Things i've noticed are;

- Auto-brightness isn't as choppy/make huge changes, much smoother.

- Battery life seems to be fairing a bit better.

- Phone seems speedier;
    On KE1 my average quadrant score was 3,100. On KE7 the average score is 3,500.

On KE1 my average smartbench 2011 score was 3,700/2,200. Now my average is 4,000/2,400.

Haven't noticed anything else yet.

*EDIT*

- GPS is more accurate. Before I'd get Accurate to 22m-28m. Now I get accurate to 8m-14m.

*EDIT 2*

- Pink spot on the camera is MUCH MUCH less pronounced! Almost impossible to see it.

*EDIT 3*

- When the phone boots up there is more RAM free than before. On KE1 after turning the phone on, RAM usage would be at ~330mb/837mb. But now on startup its about 280mb/837mb. And when you click "clear memory" it free's up more RAM than it used to.

Nothing wrong with the iPhone. If it weren't for Apple and the iPhone, none of us would be using this phone right now. People seem to get all anti-fanboy about Apple and forget about these little facts ;)

Do I prefer my Android phone? Yes. Do I think the iPhone is crap? Hell no, it was an absolutely phenomenal invention and completely changed the way we use our phones.

Now, can anyone confirm that we can re-root the phone after the upgrade please? :)

Perhaps if it was a 'fact' people wouldn't forget it. Apple are experts at taking other people's ideas, making them shiny and easy to use, then through a media love-fest and some clever advertising, making certain people believe they were the first to come up with the concept. And you seem to have fallen for it. I bet you think the iPod was the first MP3 player too..... ;)

As for the new firmware, I wish they would come up with some changelogs for these things.
    one of the changes of KE7 i have noticed, is that The phone can now connect to Adhock networks :D

there were problems with Adhock earlier ;)