[ROM][4.0.3][XWLP4] Turkbey ICS v5 (Final for now)

Search This thread

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
I really liked V33 and am interested in trying out V3 ICS. I have one question. Does Pandora work with this or does it have the same issue that V33 had?

What was the issue with Pandora? I really don't use it but installed it test and it works. Was there a specific problem with it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Hey LilChris, just wanted to thank you. With work and life and all the other ROMs your working on I really appreciate you porting this for us.

smileygui

Feb 17, 2010
Spanaway
What was the issue with Pandora? I really don't use it but installed it test and it works. Was there a specific problem with it?

It would open but wouldn't stream anything

I never had problems either. :eek:
Or at least I don't remember any when I was on Turkbey.

Check page 20 of this thread

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

oh and what page is the download on for this new ICS version of Turkbey?

Reactions: jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
It would open but wouldn't stream anything

Check page 20 of this thread

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

oh and what page is the download on for this new ICS version of Turkbey?

Ok working for me here. Download link is on p24

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bb_hershey

Jun 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the great port! The best graphics ever seen in all ICS roms I tried out these few days. I love the smooth transition.. however I am not sure why my home button isn't working. Has anybody faced this issue before? Pressing it resulted no action return. Tried looking back few pages before and see no one mentioned this issue before.. or is it me alone facing it? :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
Thanks for the great port! The best graphics ever seen in all ICS roms I tried out these few days. I love the smooth transition.. however I am not sure why my home button isn't working. Has anybody faced this issue before? Pressing it resulted no action return. Tried looking back few pages before and see no one mentioned this issue before.. or is it me alone facing it? :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

So far I think its just you :( Haven't heard anyone else mention that issue. Mine work fine also. Maybe re-flash?

3/75th Ranger

Very Very good work! Not a single issue with flash and graphics are very nice with super smooth transitions.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Some have kick ass phones.

geomax45

Oct 25, 2011
Oregon
All my buttons work properly , but I can't get any keyboard other than stock to be recognized. I flashed over the top...still no go.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
All my buttons work properly , but I can't get any keyboard other than stock to be recognized. I flashed over the top...still no go.

Just happened to me too. I cleared cache and dalvik and that fixed it. I also renamed the xt9 keyboard apk to a bak extension as well to force it to take my Swype as the default.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

bb_hershey

Jun 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone fixed the issues on selecting the keyboard you prefer? Its always defaulted back to Samsung keyboard.. Any solution so far?

nismax

Jun 15, 2008
Bowling green
Hi. I've been using this ROM for a few weeks now, and I've been loving it. Recently, though, I've been having trouble with my battery meter (battery life seems fine) and everything related to charging.

I'll charge the phone to full, unplug it from the charger, but the phone doesn't detect that it's not charging anymore. The "fully charged" icon will stay on indefinitely now. Also, the battery stats under applications > battery usage always show two different battery times, and it's never current. In addition, this triggers constant wakelocks.

Related (I think), it's impossible to turn my phone on now without being plugged into a computer. If I try to turn it on without being plugged in, I get the big battery icon (which displays a low-ish battery even when it's not low), plus a thermometer, which I'd believe has to do with the phone overheating. The phone doesn't get hot, so I know that's not an actual issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had same problem for while on gb turkey roms. Gp to difernt rom setup full charge battery then empty on that rom. Come back on turkey and get kernel cleaners.zip before you go back to turkey then full wipe and install turkey rom. Thats what i did.

bb_hershey

Jun 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not sure what the issue is. When does yours default back? I changed mine and it stays

I had another keyboard which is smart keyboard pro installed. I tried to change to smart keyboard through both ways but still defaulted back to Samsung keyboard.

1. Whenever i type, there is an icon in status bar to change to our preferred keyboard
2. Another way is through the settings. Default keyboard set to smart keyboard but it always goes back to Samsung keyboard.

I wiped cache and did necessary stuff :(

Reactions: jasvncnt1

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
I had another keyboard which is smart keyboard pro installed. I tried to change to smart keyboard through both ways but still defaulted back to Samsung keyboard.

1. Whenever i type, there is an icon in status bar to change to our preferred keyboard
2. Another way is through the settings. Default keyboard set to smart keyboard but it always goes back to Samsung keyboard.

I wiped cache and did necessary stuff :(

Actually your right. Sorry. I tried ICS keyboard n did go back. I tried rebooting and didn't help. I'm gonna play around and see if I can figure out why

bb_hershey

Jun 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Actually your right. Sorry. I tried ICS keyboard n did go back. I tried rebooting and didn't help. I'm gonna play around and see if I can figure out why

Do you know the 'hard' way to force the phone to set other keyboard as default? Like editing some files in the system? I tried to freeze the Samsung Keyboard after that.. i can't even type as no keyboard is showing LOL

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Can i know which directory it stores the XT9.apk?

System/app...look for AxT9IME.apk.

Once i changed the extension to.bak, rebooted, it set Swype as my default. obviously make sure your keyboard of choice is already installed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich

rg8jH.png

Original thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563148

v5 - http://d-h.st/BZB
    v4 - http://d-h.st/6D6
    v3 - http://d-h.st/j2n

I need to update the OP later, can't do so now. Sorry. :eek:
    GINGERBREAD!!!!!

Official Changelog
    V33
    Thunderbolt! removed from the system v2.4
    TURKBEY scripts added to the system
    Files folder icons changed
    Wifi battery screen icons in the notification data has changed
    Some of the icons in the system changed
    Added 13.5 Jkay Mode
    Animated screen notification was included in the system
    New Youtube Changes in some sense anyway
    The alarm clock has been fixed some problems
    added VolumeFix
    Added a new calculator
    New Boot Animation

JKAYMOD 13.5.0

Features in v13.5 (bold is added since v13.4.1):
    * Added Wi-Fi hotspot quick settings button
    * Added the 4 power buttons (reboot, recovery, download and power off) to quick settings panel too (by request!)
    * Fixed: Zero percent battery bug (phone rebooted when 0 percent was reached)
    * Fixed: Quick launch panel bug where icons from apps installed on sd card were not shown correctly)
    * Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where SystemUI would FC when phone was rebooted when 'Screen on' toggle was enabled
    * Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where Auto-rotation text would change position after update
    * Fixed: Quick settings panel bug where Data toggle button state could get out of sync

My personal touch
    Changed default language to English
    Galaxy SII Boot Animation
    Updated updater-script
    Updated build.prop
    Switched default wallpaper
    Switched default lockscreen
    Removed - Allshare, Accuweather, DownloadAll, FactoryTest, FmRadio, lcdtest, MIUImusic, Kies, KiesAir, KiesWifi, PolarisOffice, Realcalc, SamsngApps, SamsngAppsUNA, SamsungIM, SnsAccountFb, SnsAccountLi, SnsAccountMs, SnsAccountTw, SnsDisclaimer, SnsImageCache, SnsProvider, SocialHub, Software Update, Swype, Voice Search, Voice To Go, Voice Search // Ringtones
    Added - Adblock, BetterBatteryStats, CPUspy, Swype Installer
    320mb slimmed to 256mb

My Changelog
    Code:
    v33
    Entropy 2/07 Kernel
    Removed Realcalc
    Removed Swype - Added Swype Installer (also will post themed Swypes below)
    Added BBS
    Changed lockscreen

v32.1 
    Removed : Allshare, Accuweather, Software Update, Video Editor, Voice Search, Voice To Go, Voice Search // Ringtones
    Changed updater-script
    Switched default wallpaper
    Cleaned up build.prop (still needs changes)

Installation Instructions:
    Must have CWM / Redpill Recovery
    1. Download Turkbey-V##.zip and place it on your sdcard.
    2. Reboot into Recovery.
    3. Nandroid Backup!!!!
    4. Choose "wipe data/factory reset"
    5. Select "Install zip from sdcard" and then choose Turkbey-v32.zip
    6. Wait for it to finish then go back to the main menu and choose "reboot system now".

*First boot will take 5-15 minutes so don't touch your phone!*
    If you can not pass the initial setup, just sign in and reboot, then skip setup

Downloads
    Turkbey-v33.zip - 257mb

Turkbey gave me permission to post this, so enjoy! :)
    Went from 344mb to 264mb.
    He has a good amount of bloat so I probably didn't get all of it, just a first run to make sure everything works.

DOWNLOAD!!!

Let me know how it goes. :)

Need to update the OP Later on, ill just link it here.
    running turkbey v32 now.
    if you look in the i9100 forum for siberian tigers themes they work with turkbey and you can have green, blue, red or orange.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1382057