[Q] CWM works, but boot loop on multiple ROMs, can't revert to stock

Search This thread

happyisland

Jan 7, 2011
Please help me unbrick my phone! (panicking slightly)

A few days ago I received a new XP1C, and I immediately (without ever booting it into stock) unlocked it, flashed boot.img from the newest CWM nightly, and proceeded to install cyanogen's newest nightly.

BOOT LOOP.

I've tried:

1) other ROMs (both from Cyanogenmod, and other developers). All result in boot loops.

2) using flashtool to try to return it to stock. It connects to the phone, but fails during the process.

3) connecting with ADB - device is not showing up.

when I do a wipe data/factory reset I get some errors:
Error Mounting /data!
Skipping format
E: unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]
Error mounting /sdcard/.android_secure!
Skipping format...

I would be most grateful if anyone had any ideas of things for me to try. I have been all over the forums and am totally out of ideas... :crying:

Last edited:

New Folder

Feb 22, 2014
Did you backup TA partition?

Cause from what i understand you need to restore those keys before reverting to stock rom.

happyisland

Jan 7, 2011
Did you backup TA partition?

Cause from what i understand you need to restore those keys before reverting to stock rom.

I did not back up or change anything when I got the new phone. I just took it out of the box, plugged it in to the usb on my laptop, and did the Sony unlock process.

Last edited:

coolkoushik07

Oct 26, 2009
Kolkata
Flash stock rom using flashtool and boot into os first, then proceed to fastboot and custom rom.. You have not reboot after unlocking BL, and flashed kernel using fastboot.. Thats why u r getting this error..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact