End of Windows Mobile?

Search This thread

N.Creep

Oct 19, 2009
I dont think so..

because WM7 comes out in March.

And xda support will there alway's be ( i hope and i think xD)

Badwolve1

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 13, 2009
Loughborough, UK
They won't kill WM, and even if they did, we would still have our forum and the freedom to probay do what MS didn't want us to mod in WM :)

N1c0_ds

Sep 9, 2007
Granby, QC
nicolasbouliane.com
To me, it is. Manufacturers are dropping it in favor of the much friendlier Android platform and the public seemingly lost interest in it. It will go like PalmOS did unless Windows Mobile 7 doesn't borrow anything from its ancestors.

It's about time HTC takes WM behind the shed and put it to rest until MS can show something worth using.

mancsoulja

Sep 10, 2008
Gunchester
:D:D:D ...is this your first Windows Mobile phone ?.....:D

WM 7 will be out in ...Mar....er.....May.......er.....will definitely be ready by Aug...er......1Q 2011. :rolleyes:

naaah i dont think so htc has confirmed the hd2 will be getting wm7 and when have u heard about htc supporting a 13/14/15 month old device lol clearly its gunna be out sooner than you think :D

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Windows mobile!

I'm tired of waiting for WM7, so I'm looking at the HTC Nexus 1 with Android 2.1 in January to be my next bad boy toy!

What?!
You said you´ll be going for Leo!!
Now for Nexus?
I don´t think Nexus will be at the same level of Leo!
---------------------
Windows mobile is far away from being dead!

yash08

Aug 17, 2008
Well, if they keep the winmo 6.x versions for some more, itll be enough to kill it. It cant even be compared with the android. My guess is if winmo 7 does not come soon enough (now hoping that it will be on the same level as android), well this will be enough time for the other OS to take over.

mancsoulja

Sep 10, 2008
Gunchester
Well, if they keep the winmo 6.x versions for some more, itll be enough to kill it. It cant even be compared with the android. My guess is if winmo 7 does not come soon enough (now hoping that it will be on the same level as android), well this will be enough time for the other OS to take over.

Android has a long way to go before it compaires to windows mobile, yeah it has potential but, the apps dont come close to the ones on windows and 99% of them are useless gimicky crap like the iphone also customising android is a pain in the arse, im thinking of selling my hero and getting a tp2 lol

I always thought WinMo 6.5.3 like COM 8 or COM 3 were to be WinMo 7, so that they'll join the market closer to Windows Seven. It's neither logical, nor I have no proof of that, but my intuition says...

mancsoulja

Sep 10, 2008
Gunchester
I always thought WinMo 6.5.3 like COM 8 or COM 3 were to be WinMo 7, so that they'll join the market closer to Windows Seven. It's neither logical, nor I have no proof of that, but my intuition says...

i assume the win mo 6.5.2/.3 builds are just ms playing with possible ui's for windows mobile 7 as its clear that ppc lcd screen technology, it about to radically change, with mulit-touch screens becomming the norm....

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Hybrid resistive capacitive screens are the way forward. Or even multi-touch resistive. I swear we all use capacitive screens today slightly because of apple and the iphone...

Also end of windows mobile its already happened its windows phone now :D

jianwu_chen

May 29, 2009
I'm very confident this prediction won't happen in 2010.

Even other Mobile OS is getting more and more marketshare. But until now, WM is still the best. Other OS still has long way to go.

N1c0_ds

Sep 9, 2007
Granby, QC
nicolasbouliane.com
I'm very confident this prediction won't happen in 2010.

Even other Mobile OS is getting more and more marketshare. But until now, WM is still the best. Other OS still has long way to go.

I think it's the opposite, Windows Mobile has a long way to go.

Let's see: poor online services integration, late release of a marketplace for applications, developers slowly switching to more lucrative platforms, manufacturers prefering up-to-date platforms and stylus-based navigation and I'm not done. Windows Mobile feels like Palm OS did 3 years ago.