Discussion Tread for Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.x KitKat)/ Cyanogenmod 10.2(jb)

Search This thread

Mata99

Jun 23, 2014
The latest releases of CyanogenMod are more fluid and fast as it once even on my nexus 4 so I came thought it would be possible costroure the Roma on the basis AOSP or at least if you build the Roma on the basis AOSP is not possible you could create a hybrid AOSB / CM and maybe remove some HACK so that we can focus on stability, performance, speed.

startracker

Mar 15, 2014
MUMBAI
the latest releases of cyanogenmod are more fluid and fast as it once even on my nexus 4 so i came thought it would be possible costroure the roma on the basis aosp or at least if you build the roma on the basis aosp is not possible you could create a hybrid aosb / cm and maybe remove some hack so that we can focus on stability, performance, speed.

peformance is direlectl related to art try implementing art to mini or let me help you!

Bhargav97

Mar 10, 2013
Gandhinagar - INDIA
which version is the latest CWM recovery??? i am on 6.0.5 ( is this the problem?)

thanks

Its always status 0 for me,even after downloading 3 times

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

You all need a TLS supported recovery to flash CM11 ROMs dated later than 21/07/2014.

Use this recovery and you'll have no errors.

To know about how to flash a recovery.img file, read recent posts.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G

when I build with that commit, -O3 4.7 sabermod toolchain to avoid 4.8 toolchain fc's, it adds about 14% to the size of the ROM.

example, for a 160MB ROM, that becomes 182MB after building -O3. Does mini have enough extra /system space to play around with? My armv6 devices have to really be wrangled to open up a reasonable amount of /system space to play with -O3 optimizations and such.

plus I cannot get the kernel to boot at all, even freezes in fastboot, if I build it with any 4.9, 4.9, or 4.10 toolchain, and I've looked into and probably tried every 4.8 linaro kernel booting patch I can find.

Venkatesh

Hello everyone, i asked a galaxy ace developer to fix camera. So, he made a build, take a look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54903887
And please post logcats for camera before and after opening camera.
Thank you.
Edit: Hey wait. I din't see the link. it is for gio. I'll ask developer to build one for mini.
Edit2: this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54915272 one is for galaxy mini. Test and report there itself.
Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

tiennhu89

Apr 25, 2012
Vietnam
Hello everyone, i asked a galaxy ace developer to fix camera. So, he made a build, take a look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54903887
And please post logcats for camera before and after opening camera.
Thank you.
Edit: Hey wait. I din't see the link. it is for gio. I'll ask developer to build one for mini.
Edit2: this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54915272 one is for galaxy mini. Test and report there itself.

Download this built and flash. It boot and i cant see camera app in app draw ( i meant it was here then disappear automatical).And here is logcat. I didnt change anything, just flash rom and creat logcat by terminal.rename it after download to txt. :D.its caused xda ruler.

Attachments

• logcat1.zip
    561.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Venkatesh

Venkatesh

Download this built and flash. It boot and i cant see camera app in app draw ( i meant it was here then disappear automatical).And here is logcat. I didnt change anything, just flash rom and creat logcat by terminal.rename it after download to txt. :D.its caused xda ruler.

Thank you. Next time, post your logcats in that thread.
Camera isn't there or not working because no libcamera.so present inside zip. And i reported it to the developer.

Venkatesh

He is making a new build with the required changes. Please follow that thread.

Venkatesh

Last edited:

Venkatesh

Hello everyone, please try below specified build and make a logcat of camera. It is an experimental build to test and fix gingerbread libcamera.so. If it works we'll have colorful camera.
Download new build here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=54924175

Anyone tried?
Looks like no one is interested in getting camera fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! Any progress with ART men? :)
    ARM opcodes are ported and integration code is ported too. Now, a runtime/dex2oat bug is bloking us, we are trying to fix it :)
    I would appreciate if you could test build #845 (cm11).

This build will test these changes:
    • Re-enable triplebuffering and disable sync framework support in surfaceflinger. Should hopefully reduce graphical glitches and may also improve performance in certain cases.
    • Fix live wallpapers & install basic live wallpapers by default. I'd appreciate feedback on whether this causes problems (e.g. if it occupies too much space on the Mini to allow for gapps).
    • Temporary patch to framework that allows for more convenient tuning of the lowmemorykiller driver. This may help us find a better configuration than the values calculated by the framework. This patch adds a system property to override the minfree adjustment value, which would normally have to be changed in the framework-res overlay. If you're interested in testing, see my post on MadTeam here for full details (but it's completely optional).

As well as the changes in testing, the build will also include some fixes that have already been merged: some security/stability updates for the kernel, mnemonyc's Trebuchet LDPI fix, and working RenderScript. The latter means that the Gallery editor functions will now work.

Big thanks to PlaguedByPenguins for contributing the fixes for live wallpapers and RenderScript.
    For camera, I have implemented psykes libcamerahal and libcamera for galaxy5 on mini and gio. Tested succesfully on gio meanwhile (note, max pic res is 2MB, will check that later) and started a testbuild for tass (cm-10.2)

See commits here and here for mini.

Testbuild running here
    (if you want to test on gio, this will be compiled right after the mini expirimental)

I would be glad to have some feedback on it. Preferrably on the review, but I will check back here again later tonight.
    yes 3 MP WORKS :laugh::laugh::laugh:

but effects don't works
    vw1q.png

f4pv.png

@erikcass camera has strange colour, the colurs are not normal photos looks like not colorful

effects donot work, true
    less colourfull, true

camera lacks some functions if done this way, I fully understand. But it functions. For some reason I / we cannot make the old hal function from cm-10.2 so for now it is our best option.

Offcourse, all will be done to enhance this hal
    Hello everyone :)
    i see great development going on :D i have bought galaxy s4 mini, so galaxy mini is not my first device now.. but i will download the latest experimental build today and see what i can do to help :)