HTC Bravo

Search This thread

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
Couldn't think of a better name for the topic :rolleyes:

Who's getting this phone? I definitely am although I might wait until April when it's on all 5 UK Networks to see which one I can get the best deal on.

It wont be that much of a wait http://desirehtc.com/ counts to 31st March so I assume that's the T-mobile release

109332_htc-desire.jpg

Amdathlonuk

May 10, 2009
Abergavenny
Couldn't think of a better name for the topic :rolleyes:

Who's getting this phone? I definitely am although I might wait until April when it's on all 5 UK Networks to see which one I can get the best deal on.

It wont be that much of a wait http://desirehtc.com/ counts to 31st March so I assume that's the T-mobile release

109332_htc-desire.jpg

Ooooh.

I'm due an upgrade on 7th April and I already have a Nexus :cool:

NutsyUK

Aug 15, 2008
Deffo getting this phone, cant wait for it to come out...

Im considering going to tmobile for it. But im currently with o2 sim only and been told i could get a good deal if i moved to a full contract...

However Im starting to get pretty tired with o2s network. I might just move to tmobile out of spite :p

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
Deffo getting this phone, cant wait for it to come out...

Im considering going to tmobile for it. But im currently with o2 sim only and been told i could get a good deal if i moved to a full contract...

However Im starting to get pretty tired with o2s network. I might just move to tmobile out of spite :p

I live in Birmingham and I'm always getting problems on T-mobile with 3G. Sometimes I can't get 3G at all and it will drop to 2G. Problem is I live in Birmingham City Centre which as you can imagine being the Second City is fine on every other network, even getting full HSDPA speeds on most

5 or 6 times during my contract period (am on month 13) I've also had the signal drop. Completely no signal, no calls or texts, no internet. I've had to "Force only 2G Networks" in order to get a signal back :(

I also wouldn't go for T-Mobile because they'll most likely rename it from the HTC Bravo to something daft like T-Mobile G3 Touch 3G and remove all HTC branding and replace it with the T-Mobile logo, although this might not bother you :p

M..N

Jul 14, 2009
I thought it was being released on the 26th March on T-mobile and Orange.

NutsyUK

Aug 15, 2008
My mums on Tmobile and i just find when compairing signal strenth that o2 seems to be soo bloody low... For instance in my office lower ground floor of my house in central london no less... I cant get any signal yet with my mums phone its pretty good... Its even worse in rural areas.

And as for network drops... o2s data network keeps randomly dying... You can connect to the data network but not have access to the internet...

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
My mums on Tmobile and i just find when compairing signal strenth that o2 seems to be soo bloody low... For instance in my office lower ground floor of my house in central london no less... I cant get any signal yet with my mums phone its pretty good... Its even worse in rural areas.

And as for network drops... o2s data network keeps randomly dying... You can connect to the data network but not have access to the internet...

Maybe Orange is the way forward? They are supposedly the UK's biggest 3G network although if rumours are true they're going to preload the device with a whole load of their orange crap applications :(

NutsyUK

Aug 15, 2008
Good coverage... Terrible price and its eather 256MB a month FUP might of been raised to 500 but its still petheticly nothing compaired to the other networks.

cez10

Feb 16, 2010
im at £35pm wit n95 8gb and considering getting hd2 or desire but atm cannot make my mind up :( cuz i dont have a clue whats androids capable of what are the dis/advantages and wots it like comparing to winmo :eek:

jeezus

Jul 19, 2006
Nokia
Thinking about getting this with the money insurance company paid for my "broken" nexus one.

Cant decide wich one is really better, will be a shame to loose fastboot unlocking but nice to get hw buttons. :|

SamE

Dec 29, 2004
Good coverage... Terrible price and its eather 256MB a month FUP might of been raised to 500 but its still petheticly nothing compaired to the other networks.

It is 500Mb and has been for for at least a year, not that bad when you consider that Vodafone is also only 500Mb and they are probably the only 2 networks I would look at.

O2's network is a complete joke speeds are so slow who cares if they give you more bandwidth when you struggle to use it.

T-Mobile has poor customer service and is in the process of a merger with Orange

Personally I find 500Mb more than enough and if I am using lots of data I just use WiFi so have never gone over that limit

almand3000

Feb 15, 2009
Have you tried an HD2 (aka HTC Leo), compared to this wot do u think, nexus is better or the HD2
ur opinion????

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
I really wanted to get this on o2 but now people's comments have put me off :(

I definately know I want a HTC Handset and not something rebranded by the network (ie what t-mobile do)

OnlinePredator

Feb 6, 2009
I'd hold up and see what happens with the motoroi (720p video, 8mp camera with xenon flash, hdmi out, not sure about the cpu, may be the 550mhz which would then be a no go.......)

Last edited:

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
According to the count down on http://www.desirehtc.com/

HTC Desire will launch on 01.04.2010 1:00 CET

Hopefully this is not a Aprils'joke or how you call that in english. EDIT: "April Fools' Day"

I read the Desire will be available at the end of April, so why on 1st April?

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
According to the count down on http://www.desirehtc.com/

HTC Desire will launch on 01.04.2010 1:00 CET

Hopefully this is not a Aprils'joke or how you call that in english. EDIT: "April Fools' Day"

I read the Desire will be available at the end of April, so why on 1st April?

It's the 30th March isn't it?

It launches on T-Mobile at the end of march, everywhere else the beginning of april

mhewitson

May 10, 2009
26th March, according to the Official TMobile UK Twitter guru. @TMobileOfficial

And I cant wait, going to upgrade from my G1 for it.
I had been happy to keep using the G1 as there wasn't anything else that had my interest, but this definitely has!